+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hey HairBane,

This was a concern when I heard about the self- experiments as well. Although in this review Garza comments on how timing and effectiveness is important. Perhaps this is the problem with the self-experimenters. There might also be a few extra chemicals they have to shove in to get it to work fully (eg PGE2 promoters/ hair growth promoters).

The fact that the attempts seemed to have stopped hairloss just by rubbing some black market drugs on their heads is actually quite a good result if you take everything into account.

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    I agree that PGD2 blockers are criminally undervalued by the cutting edge community. I think part of the reason for the lack of interest is that there's no evidence to suggest current GPR44 antagonists provide regrowth. From the dozens of anecdotal accounts on forums, they seem to very effectively stop hair loss in most cases though, which is pretty huge if it's true - but it's not the dream cure. I do however think that Follica/UPenn have perfectly well cured hair loss through other means.
    Do they really??

I've seen conflicted reports. Again, a lot of us on these boards would love something that stopped our loss that wasn't fin while we wait for something better. I'm not saying this can't be the answer but without some proper documentation, it's hard not be a skeptic.

I try, but I just cant ever accept the hearsay and testimonials from people on a forum as to whether some treatment works or not. People not having success with this to me just means they dont know what they are doing or how they should do it.

I'm having the same confusion about Fin sides.. Hearsay or facts? I'm guessing a lot of facts.. But how can we be sure? Try it i guess..hmmm.

Anyone that compares trying experimental chemicals, since there are no MPB treatments based on this, to finasteride is silly.
    Your comparing a proven treatment to people experimenting much like with RU. Its just not the same thing and not worth explaining if someone doesnt see the differences. Some people probably think the world is flat and let them think that.

You mean me? I wasn't even talking about experimentals. Granted I hijacked the thread. But I was clearly referring to fin sides. Sorry for the confusion.

So anything good came out of this thread?

I mean the information in the article is the good to come from it. Well I mean what out there now inhibits GPR44 receptor? Otherwise you need to increase pge2 and pgf2a and lower pgd2 to balance each other out because just lowering pgd2 like they say might not do anything since these Prostaglandins offset each other.
    Given they list 9 areas for further research I think its going to be a while before anything can be figured of all this.

It's been about two years.. clearly this baldness cure is not "on shelves" but can they at least let us know if this effectively regrows "all" the hair, not just prevents baldness? Can we at least get this answer? Would love to reverse my thinning hair :/

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    It's been about two years.. clearly this baldness cure is not "on shelves" but can they at least let us know if this effectively regrows "all" the hair, not just prevents baldness? Can we at least get this answer? Would love to reverse my thinning hair :/
    You might have some luck if you FORCE it out of them. These guys are never transparent.