Dealing with the inflammation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lepke
    • Nov 2013

You should actually use Aloe Vera juice and rub it on your scalp.

No joke.

It's cheap. You can buy stalk at the supermarkets and juice it yourself at home or buy gallons of the juice somewhere like Whole Foods or Walmart.

It will solve it.

Comment

• stringerbell
      • Feb 2014

Hi everyone !

Back to say that it has been 3 days now that the feelings I was reporting have almost disappeared. Well, my scalp still feels tight, but it's nowhere near what it used to be. I'm not claiming victory of course, as it could just be temporary. But it has been so long since the last time my scalp felt so well, that I needed to say it !

For those who are experiencing the same feelings though, here is the trouble : as I added several things to my regimen in the last week, I can really tell which one is really helping. But let's see :
      - the first day my feelings went away was the day I started massaging my scalp with olive oil and letting it penetrate my skin for about 30 min before showering
      - as I read a lot of safety studies about Propecia and has been kind of convinced, I decided to give it a try 2 days ago but at very little dosage (0.5mg EOD, wich may not be optimal but could help anyway - but please, let's not debate this)
      - I have done two others Regenepure DR shampoos (ktz 1% in it)

To be honest, I strongly believe that it's the massage with olive oil that did the trick, as I can feel that my scalp skin is way less dry than before. Also, I doubt that such tiny doses of propecia (2 x 0.5 mg in 3 days) could help in such a short time. Of course, it could be Regenepure effect that started after a few more shampoos. Or it could be a combination of the 3.

I can't really conclude there, but I thought it might help some. Thank you again for all your advices !

Comment

• mpb47
        • Apr 2012

When I was really young and only losing in the front, I did not have any itch or burning at all. The loss up front was and is very gradual. But later when it started in the crown, I got a horrible itch/burning/rashes in the crown area. But only in the crown, not the front and my only guess is to why is because the crown loss was very aggressive, unlike the front. After I went on propecia, the itch/burning did stop, though it took a while. I am not sure that propecia is supposed to help in this way, but it did at least for me.

About 2 years ago my loss started picking up speed and sure enough the itch came back though it was not nearly as bad as before. Went back on propecia (low dose this time) and itch is gone again.

As far as Nizoral goes, the first time it did not seem to work. However more recently I used it before I went back on propecia and it did seem to help.
        I only stopped using it because it got expensive and hard to find for some reason.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hairy
          "A steroid cream called Cordran SP has a side effect of excessive hair growth."

Is it scalp hair or body hair? The general link you have below says increased body hair is a side effect.
          The link I posted refers to body hair. Other links just say excessive hair growth. Dr. Cole commented last Friday that my hair looks thicker. It seems thicker all over. Around 2006, Dr. Cole did use non-scalp hair to repair some unnatural plugginess from earlier surgeries I had from another doctor. On the other hand, my scalp donor hair looks better which had been looking pretty thin.

Some researchers are finding evidence that our immune system plays a role in male pattern baldness. At least one theory puts forth the idea that DHT transforms genetically predisposed hair to miniaturize and transform to a degree, they become unrecognizable to the body. It's believed by some researchers that the man's immune system "finishes off" the hair as it is viewed by the body as a foreign object. That could explain why steroids can promote hair growth or have a side effect of excessive hair growth. Steroids are immunosuppressants. It's possible that a person's immune system plays a role in normal hair cycles and DHT throws it our of whack. Consider nitrous oxide improving combustion and performance in an engine. It also increases wear and tear on an engine and has the potential to burn holes in pistons. To protect an engine, you can either cut back on the nitrous or use stronger pistons and general; engine design. DHT blockers like Avodart and Finasteride reduce the presence of the hormone. Not sure what can be done to strengthen the hairs resistance to DHT. Some researchers claim that DHT "starves" susceptible hair into miniaturization and the immune system finishes the hair off. Of course these are educated guesses because most reputable individuals involved in the research admit they don't fully understand the process of MPB.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
          forhair.com
          Cole Hair Transplant
          1070 Powers Place
          Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
          Phone 678-566-1011
          email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
          The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
          Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
            Doctor Representative
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hairy
            "A steroid cream called Cordran SP has a side effect of excessive hair growth."

Is it scalp hair or body hair? The general link you have below says increased body hair is a side effect.
            The link I posted refers to body hair. Other links just say excessive hair growth. Dr. Cole commented last Friday that my hair looks thicker. It seems thicker all over. Around 2006, Dr. Cole did use non-scalp hair to repair some unnatural plugginess from earlier surgeries I had from another doctor. On the other hand, my scalp donor hair looks better which had been looking pretty thin.

Some researchers are finding evidence that our immune system plays a role in male pattern baldness. At least one theory puts forth the idea that DHT transforms genetically predisposed hair to miniaturize and transform to a degree, they become unrecognizable to the body. It's believed by some researchers that the man's immune system "finishes off" the hair as it is viewed by the body as a foreign object. That could explain why steroids can promote hair growth or have a side effect of excessive hair growth. Steroids are immunosuppressants. It's possible that a person's immune system plays a role in normal hair cycles and DHT throws it out of whack. Consider nitrous oxide improving combustion and performance in an engine. It also increases wear and tear on an engine and has the potential to burn holes in pistons. To protect an engine, you can either cut back on the nitrous or use stronger pistons and general; engine design. DHT blockers like Avodart and Finasteride reduce the presence of the hormone. Not sure what can be done to strengthen the hairs resistance to DHT. Some researchers claim that DHT "starves" susceptible hair into miniaturization and the immune system finishes the hair off. Of course these are educated guesses because most reputable individuals involved in the research admit they don't fully understand the process of MPB.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
            forhair.com
            Cole Hair Transplant
            1070 Powers Place
            Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
            Phone 678-566-1011
            email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
            The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
            Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
              Doctor Representative
              • Aug 2012

I apologize for the double post. Admin, please delete the top post (minor typo).
              Chuck

Comment

Working...