+ Reply to Thread

Default recent FUE - day 7

Hey guys I recently had my first FUE in my frontal half of my head to restore my HL to somewhat more youthful again

I have noticed one SMALL area where the hairs may have fallen out. I Have lost a a few full follicles, this I know because I could see them, but this area I noticed no loss of bulbs, no bleeding, and the scabs are still present. But where as the rest of the area I can LIGHTLY run a finger over the new hairs this one spot I feel nothing.

Is it possible to have new hairs shock and fall out but still retain the follicle underneath for regrowth?
    The doctor said yes this is possible and only time can tell but still Im a paranoid weener.
    thanks

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    Hey guys I recently had my first FUE in my frontal half of my head to restore my HL to somewhat more youthful again

I have noticed one SMALL area where the hairs may have fallen out. I Have lost a a few full follicles, this I know because I could see them, but this area I noticed no loss of bulbs, no bleeding, and the scabs are still present. But where as the rest of the area I can LIGHTLY run a finger over the new hairs this one spot I feel nothing.

Is it possible to have new hairs shock and fall out but still retain the follicle underneath for regrowth?
    The doctor said yes this is possible and only time can tell but still Im a paranoid weener.
    thanks
    At 5-6 days after surgery, the grafts are in to stay. The toughest part of hair restoration process is waiting for the hair to grow and dealing with the normal things that happen along the way.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    At 5-6 days after surgery, the grafts are in to stay. The toughest part of hair restoration process is waiting for the hair to grow and dealing with the normal things that happen along the way.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    thanks for the reply. Some of the hair may have fallen out pre 6 day. Could it be possible the hairs shocked out but the grafts could still be present and ready to grow again in time?
    Also I noticed a few area that had some puss and redness. My doc gave me some gauze and peroxide should bleeding occur, which it never did, so last night I soaked a gauze a bit and gently pressed it in the area. This seemed to help a lot. Could there have been a small infection? Would this hurt the procedure.
    Thanks so much

My doc say this sounds normal but really Im trying to get more info from others who may have experience or even dealt with this themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post

thanks
    Very doubtful that you lost any of the follicles but rather lost the hair shafts that were transplanted within the graft(s) in that bare spot.

And very probable that you will notice more bare spots as the transplanted grafts shed more graft hair as the follicles resume their cycling.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Very doubtful that you lost any of the follicles but rather lost the hair shafts that were transplanted within the graft(s) in that bare spot.

And very probable that you will notice more bare spots as the transplanted grafts shed more graft hair as the follicles resume their cycling.
    thanks
    Im about 1 month in now.
    I seem to have shed EVERYTHING and then a bit of old hair (shock)

My recipient area is still a bit red and even has a few spot that still look like they are not healed and scabbed over.

I not noticing any regrowth really so hopefully its in its sock stage and after a few weeks will start popping through.

Im worried honestly after my folliculitis and minor infection it may be ruined. I went through a phaze where my body was pushing the new hairs out causing really bad irritation and pus filled pimples. The doc said my body was rejecting the hairs themselves but the follicles are still there and should regrow fine even after the infection. I ended up on another stage of anti biotics from it and having to put bacitracin on my temples to get it as cleared up as it is now.