+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

25 is too young to feel awful about my appearance. Sure it's i expensive, but if it looks real and is of high quality then I will make more money on my job and I'm sure the
    $5000 a year will easily be compensated if that's the case.

If I looked like Jason statham or vin diesel with a bald head than things would be different. Oh well I don't, so time to do something about it that doesn't involve obsessively looking a
    In a mirror or looking up balding remedies online for hours each week. Or of course desperately seeking an answer on balding forums when many are suffering and make me feel worse. The time is now and moving forward!

And hair club is for idiots who want to be hustled and scammed. Don't do it. If you live in a big city like me go to a local family owned hair replacement salon and they will take care of you. I swear this is all real and I am not soliciting you

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jrw651 View Post
    If the transplants didn't require propecia to be effective then I would consider it. Getting a high end semi permanent attachment for $4800 for 12 months (6 pieces and all services included) at a local place me NYC. You get what you pay for. The pieces I ordered online looked awful and were a complete waste of $750
    I'm hoping you can resolve this. I know a guy with some pretty good hair loss I hadn't seen for years. I saw him recently with a full reasonably natural looking head of hair. It looked real except for the fact the hair was just too full. If you can, get a hairpiece that looks less full. Also make sure the hairline and part don't look fake.

A Norwood 3 isn't bad and neither is your recent family history of hair loss. Taking Propecia or Avodart isn't a requirement for hair transplants. Hopefully better treatments will come our way soon that will help men keep the hair they have at the very least.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

My hair is significantly thinning and will lkely be worse than an NW3... I've decided to pay a salon $5000 for 6 pieces (12 months) to give me a real looking high end semi permanent hairpiece.... I ordered it on Thursday and will have it bonded with super glue and maintenanced every 4 weeks. If this does not work, than may a transplant the only option because being miserable and bald or balding these past 18 months hasn't helped no matter what else i've tried.

Wearing for me is very little hassle and takes a lot less time than trying to make my former thin balding head look good. In reality, it takes me a few minutes a day to comb and style and check in the mirror.

Once every two weeks I will remove, clean and reattach my hair system, which I can do in under 25 minutes usually while watching Columbo. And there you have it.

Wearing a system is one of the best decisions I made. My only regret Waiting and dithering so long until making my mind up.

I pay £235 per system and have two systems a year. With product and cut ins I spent less than £700 a year for great looking painless hair

Wow that sounds amazing and it is really encouraging... I'm getting my system bonded tomorrow, hoping for the best... Going with a salon at first for a semi-permanent attach and maybe after 12 months I will go the self-maintenance more cost-effective route once I am more familiar with it...

5k a year is some pretty serious cash. At that price it better look awesome. Are you getting a partial piece or one for the entire top of your head? If you are getting a full piece do you have to shave your head into a NW6 style? When you get it attached and styled post some pics. Looking forward to hearing about your experience. And you are right. Do what you need to do to stop worrying about this crap and move on with your life. You don't want to waste years waiting, searching, and hoping for a cure that you might never see.

there isnt much to it and in fact, I have read of both good and bad stories originating from salons. there are plenty of good suppliers in north america for a fraction of that amount.

http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/jr...tml?sort=3&o=1
    http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/jr...tml?sort=3&o=0

See link above...

I feel better already... Still debating if it looks convincingly real though... I feel some may suspect its definitely not...
    It was a stock piece... I think my custom pieces with be better fitted next time

I go in every 2 weeks to the salon to have it maintenanced...

Its very light, doesn't feel like anything is bonded to my head