+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Yeah i guess I read so many negatives about Fin that it's put me off. Tho I do think of it very often.

It's the fear of trying it, quitting it.. Then have some kind of meltdown with a post Finasteride crash.. It scares me too much.

i forgot to add that im still using the igrow laser helmet and due to the success using it i will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    i forgot to add that im still using the igrow laser helmet and due to the success using it i will continue.
    With respect doke - you trial so many things, how do you know that helmet is helping? What benefits are you even noticing mate?

.. Any gains are surely down to the Duatasteride you take surely?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromUK View Post
    I don't want to push propecia on people but it is sad to see so many people on the forums who are suffering with hairloss, who are willing to try any experimental treatment without knowing the risks and yet don't want to use propecia.

I initially had side effects from propecia and had to come off it. I then returned to taking it 2.5 years ago on a very tiny dosage spaced 3 to 4 days apart. I am no longer getting side effects and have regrown hair.
    What dosage is working for you now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    With respect doke - you trial so many things, how do you know that helmet is helping? What benefits are you even noticing mate?

.. Any gains are surely down to the Duatasteride you take surely?
    hi i have stopped taking dutas and finast as i seemed to get more shedding so not been on them for many months all i know is that the igrow has helped with quicker hair growth of existing hair so much so i will continue.
    I am not on many things only ru and the helmet but may add regaine foam as irishpride did he melts the foam and applies 4mls a day.

The igrow i got i only paid £250 and its great and would not be without it now and i still have not been on it the full 16 weeks yet.
    Im not saying to anyone go and buy one only that i like it and its better than the hairmax comb i had and even that helped.
    Just checked been on only igrow 11 weeks and ru one week not sure if to really add the minox foam as yet but do feel it may get better results combined.

Fair comment, but existing hair growth isn't what we want.. Can you detect any new growth or the slightest signs of it?

I thought the duatasteride was for a prostate issue as well mate? Shouldn't you continue with that?

I am not sure as i still kept peeing more while on it and the side sexual sides i did not like if anyone wants to try these for hair loss i would say try first 1mg finast.
    I may start the 0.5mg of dutas again but i did not feel it did much for my loss perhaps you need to use 2.5mgs a day but that would mean i would have to buy more avodart which is 5 caps a day which the study did say was the dose for greater hair regrowth.
    And then the side effects may cause sterility perhaps you could reduce dose after a year but as said the trials did show that the optimum dose for mpb was 2.5mgs a day, i wonder if thats why it has not come to market due to the fact many more side effects would be noticable at that dose, and the smaller dose only did as much as finasteride.

Right I see, I thought you were comfortable taking the duatasteride doke. If you're peeing you may have an over active bladder? My uro seems to think I have and there's nothing wrong with my prostate he said.

Which means to help with peeing I will need to take a medication called mirabegron, which I will do, but it's another reason I'm scared to take Finasteride, in case they clash.