+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by asianguy View Post
    Falco,
    I have surgery in December w/ Dr Hakan. Will be flying in from the US. Did you shave your head prior to surgery? Do you wish you shaved or not now?

How hard was it to locate the AHD clinic lady at airport? Any other tips?
    Actually I didn't shave it completely. I buzzed it down to around 1 cm before Surgery. Depends if you are a diffused thinner or not. If you are a diffused thinner, then i would recommend you should shave it off, if you can. The issue is when scabs/crusts dry down & fall off, they take some of the native hair along with them. You are not supposed to shampoo the grafts properly by massaging them like you shampoo with normal hair. So sometime it doesn't get washed properly and the grafts and the native hair get stuck together with scabs after hair are dry. And when the scabs fall off, it sometimes have 2-3 native hair with them. It's not a big issue as the native hair come back but I feel shock loss is also high in this case. I might be wrong.

It's quite easy to locate the lady. She will have the AHD clinic sign board. And since you are going in December, which is the off season, it will be very less crowded there. So you can easily locate her.

Take the neck pillow with you. The night of the surgery, it's difficult to fall asleep in an awkward position.
    Also keep some food with you in a bag with you when you go for surgery. I felt quite hungry at midnight in Hospital and the cafe in hospital closes at around mid night. They gave me general anesthesia not local. I have no issues with that. But if you have, you should inform them beforehand.
    There are a lot of beautiful places in and near Antalya. If you have sometimes, it would be nice to travel there.
    Try to get a hat, baseball cap or whatever you prefer from US. Clinic will give you a hat but i think they have a standard size for everyone. It was quite tight for me. So I had to buy one from outside after a lot of searching. Try to get one, which doesn't directly touch the areas of your head where you are planning the tranplants ....

They will give you an organic shampoo which i was not able to find. They say that you can used any shampoo after the first month. But try to get 1-2 extra bottles from them or from a drug store in clinic if possible. Trying a new shampoo so early is a headache as you always keep worrying if this shampoo has some harmful stuff. Better to stick with the shampoo clinic gave you for the first couple of months

And lastly best of luck. Hope you get fantastic results. How much grafts have they suggested you?

Quote Originally Posted by falco View Post
    Actually I didn't shave it completely. I buzzed it down to around 1 cm before Surgery. Depends if you are a diffused thinner or not. If you are a diffused thinner, then i would recommend you should shave it off, if you can. The issue is when scabs/crusts dry down & fall off, they take some of the native hair along with them. You are not supposed to shampoo the grafts properly by massaging them like you shampoo with normal hair. So sometime it doesn't get washed properly and the grafts and the native hair get stuck together with scabs after hair are dry. And when the scabs fall off, it sometimes have 2-3 native hair with them. It's not a big issue as the native hair come back but I feel shock loss is also high in this case. I might be wrong.

It's quite easy to locate the lady. She will have the AHD clinic sign board. And since you are going in December, which is the off season, it will be very less crowded there. So you can easily locate her.

Take the neck pillow with you. The night of the surgery, it's difficult to fall asleep in an awkward position.
    Also keep some food with you in a bag with you when you go for surgery. I felt quite hungry at midnight in Hospital and the cafe in hospital closes at around mid night. They gave me general anesthesia not local. I have no issues with that. But if you have, you should inform them beforehand.
    There are a lot of beautiful places in and near Antalya. If you have sometimes, it would be nice to travel there.
    Try to get a hat, baseball cap or whatever you prefer from US. Clinic will give you a hat but i think they have a standard size for everyone. It was quite tight for me. So I had to buy one from outside after a lot of searching. Try to get one, which doesn't directly touch the areas of your head where you are planning the tranplants ....

They will give you an organic shampoo which i was not able to find. They say that you can used any shampoo after the first month. But try to get 1-2 extra bottles from them or from a drug store in clinic if possible. Trying a new shampoo so early is a headache as you always keep worrying if this shampoo has some harmful stuff. Better to stick with the shampoo clinic gave you for the first couple of months

And lastly best of luck. Hope you get fantastic results. How much grafts have they suggested you?

Thanks for the response. I will be going for 1500 hairline repair from a previous bad procedure

Hey asianguy, I did have my HT with Dr Hakan in September and as you, I flew from US, quite a trip (24 hours more or less to get there). For me, shaved is the best way because then you'll have your hair the same length. Not shaved head looks awful in my opinion. You have your donor totally shaved and some parts of your top with long hair, others with transplanted. It looks much better a uniform length.

And you don't have to shave it, they're going to do it there.

Hi Falco,

did you wear a cap on the plane or just walk around with a your head exposed?

Cheers

Wow that is awesome I would love my hair to look like that

Hi Falco (or anyone else who has done a proecdure with Dr Hakan)

Great result, it looks awsome.
    I am doing my procedure with Dr Hakan 18/19 februrary 2015 and was wondering how you paid.. Did you bring cash or did you pay with credit card ?

Quote Originally Posted by BluEMoon2 View Post
    Hi Falco (or anyone else who has done a proecdure with Dr Hakan)

Great result, it looks awsome.
    I am doing my procedure with Dr Hakan 18/19 februrary 2015 and was wondering how you paid.. Did you bring cash or did you pay with credit card ?
    They take money transfers, cash or credit card. CC will have a fee.

Here you go. It's been exactly 8 months yesterday. Growth was quite minimal in the first 6 months and I was quite worried. The fact that I can't propecia was also a reason I didn't expect much growth as I'm still losing my native hair.

7th month started and growth kicked in. I have had some good growth in 7 month and some in 8th as well. As i mentioned below, that my expectations were a little low because of not being able to use Fin. Now the situation is that hair density is not that much. With the wet hair, you can still see the scalp and some blank areas but the good thing is transplanted hair are quite thick. So in dry conditions i have a good cosmetic change and looks OK. I still have around 2 months more of growth. So I hope I get more

I have added 6 pics here. The first 3 are with wet hair and the last 3 are with dry hair.
    Hi falco,

I just wanted to say thank you so much and great apologies for not seeing this earlier.

I didn't get a notification for some reason.

I actually went with Dr. Kul in Istanbul for a couple of reasons that I will share in another post, but your coverage looks great.

I don't see how anyone could go wrong with Dr. Hakan.

Happy growing!

Ok so finally i had the surgery on 8th March. I decided to make a vacation out of the whole thing and came with the family to Antalya for 8-9 days. Hotels are dirt cheap during this season and i found a good hotel with breakfast and dinner buffet for less than 300 Euros for 7 nights which is like the cheapest vacation i have ever had.

So we arrived in Antalya on 7th March. At the airport, we found a lady with AHD clinic board. She welcomed us and took us to the hotel. At first i though she might be just for the pick and drop. But she is part of Dr Hakan's team and knows all medical details and the HT process. She knew everything about my case and told me if i need to ask anything i can ask her. It was a very nice touch to find someone who can immediately help you and calm you down a bit. I asked her some basic questions. And then she dropped me and my family at the hotel and told me to be ready 8:30 next morning. So we had our breakfast and went to sleep as we had spent 6 hours from (from 1 AM to 7 AM) on Istanbul Airport in Transit.

So next morning she was there on time. We went to hospital and met with doctor. Dr Hakan doesn't speak that much english but 2-3 of his staff member speak very well. As per the initial online consultation, i was suggested 3000 grafts but aftering consultation with Dr. Hakan, he decided that i still have some native hair so anything around 2300-2500 would be sufficient. He asked me about the hairline and i told him that i'm quite OK with my hairline. I don't expect to get the hairline of an 18 years old. I just need density. I also told him the fact that i had side effects with Propecia so i'm expecting all my native hair to fall in 4-5 or more/less years. So i asked him to do the procedure not by filling the gaps only. Because if that's the case, when i lose my native hair, the transplanted hair would be like patches on different areas and would look worse than being bald . He understood that and told me they will make the transplant as uniformly as they can.

So then came the shaving part. I had already asked them if it would be possible not to shave the precipitant area completely and keep hair in recipient area to around 1 or less than 1 cm without compromising the quality of transplant procedure. Dr was quite generous to offer me my request. So they didn't shave the recipient area completely kept it around 1 cm.

So they took some before pictures and then shaved my head and afterwards take some more pictures and then took me to the procedure room. And then did the procedure. I will update the procedure in next post. But here I'll post some pictures of day 1 post Op after the washing of hair.
    Wow, I hadn't read this one. I also had my procedure with Dr. Hakan last September so I'm close to reach the seven month. For the past I've been worried because my growth has been very minimal, almost tempted to say, null.

But then seeing your post rise my spirit, I fell that in this last month I've some growth and in fact I've been able to comb my hair as I used to do it before. The coverage isn't quite the same but I think is better than before the procedure.

I must say my procedure wasn't big, only around 1500 units, but both temples were week so I wasn't able to comb my hair one side or the other. I've been reluctant to take photos to myself due to that minimal growth feeling but I'm hoping for the next months yet.