Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deuce
    • May 2013

Anything beneficial in 2014?

Man these last couple of months I have been really depressed. I gained 20 pounds. I just dont give an f anymore. I am about to start drinking again. This stuff is so frustrating. I mean why do we have to lose our hair on top of our heads. Why not our pubes or our chest hair or back hair. Why does it have to be on top of our heads. I am progressing very quickly. The point is I look around on these forums and it just seems this is the most fd up industry ever. SNake oils, approval trials. I cannot take FIN because of a medical condition. My dr told me not to take it. I have been taking rogaine for 4 months and my hair looks worse. Sorry to ramble, but IS anything beneficial going to come out in 2014? ANYTHing worthwile? I hate this cant wait for a day when we are all celebrating. Thanks for viewing my rant. Tell me something good.
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by deuce
    Why not our pubes or our chest hair or back hair. Why does it have to be on top of our heads.

The point is I look around on these forums and it just seems this is the most fd up industry ever. SNake oils, approval trials.
    If the hair loss happened anywhere except the head, I would be grateful. As far as anything new coming out this year, I doubt it. Maybe another advancement in hair transplant technique, but an actual cure, I just don't see it. I hope I am wrong.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by deuce
      Man these last couple of months I have been really depressed. I gained 20 pounds. I just dont give an f anymore. I am about to start drinking again. This stuff is so frustrating. I mean why do we have to lose our hair on top of our heads. Why not our pubes or our chest hair or back hair. Why does it have to be on top of our heads. I am progressing very quickly. The point is I look around on these forums and it just seems this is the most fd up industry ever. SNake oils, approval trials. I cannot take FIN because of a medical condition. My dr told me not to take it. I have been taking rogaine for 4 months and my hair looks worse. Sorry to ramble, but IS anything beneficial going to come out in 2014? ANYTHing worthwile? I hate this cant wait for a day when we are all celebrating. Thanks for viewing my rant. Tell me something good.
      Did your doctor say no to Avodart as well? It's a powerful medication, so most men take just a fraction of a capsule. It may not hurt to get another doctor's opinion. It's usually easy to confirm a doctor's caution. You might try searching "Finasteride xyz medical condition" to check the merit of his opinion.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
      forhair.com
      Cole Hair Transplant
      1070 Powers Place
      Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
      Phone 678-566-1011
      email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
      The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
      Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• fred970
        • Nov 2009

He cannot take a 5ar inhibitor so you suggest him a more powerful 5ar inhibitor? Am I missing something here? I guess what people say doesn't always have to make sense.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by fred970
          He cannot take a 5ar inhibitor so you suggest him a more powerful 5ar inhibitor? Am I missing something here? I guess what people say doesn't always have to make sense.
          I asked Dr. Cole about that a while back. I don't know what specific medical condition he's referring to that contraindicates Finasteride. Sometimes a person who cannot tolerate Propecia does fine on Avodart and vice versa. Although Avodart is more powerful, very small doses can tame it down a bit while still providing some benefit.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
          forhair.com
          Cole Hair Transplant
          1070 Powers Place
          Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
          Phone 678-566-1011
          email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
          The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
          Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

Probably not.

Comment

• burtandernie
              • Nov 2012

Oh no nothing this year but more snake oils.

Comment

• Artista
                • Apr 2010

Hi Deuce, First of all I feel for you my friend!
                Your depressed right now but you are here for a reason, SUPPORT.
                Do not allow your depression (due to hair loss) to consume your whole existence!
                Things will get better. The majority of members here know and feel that.
                Ill say again,,DON'T ALLOW your hair to ruin your life.
                You've gained weight , well you can easily lose that extra weight. Get into an exercise routine, not to impress others but JUST FOR YOU.
                Decide to be happy Deuce.
                You had said..
                "My dr told me not to take it (finasteride)".
                Why would he say that?
                Do you have a medical condition? How old are you Deuce?
                Doctors after all are human beings just like the rest of us.
                My doctor (who is pretty much an OBJECTIVE type of man) described to me how positive a med that Finasteride COULD be.
                None of his patients that he has prescribed Fin' to has experienced any bad sides..In fact all of those patients have experienced POSITIVE results.
                Some VERY minor some very MAJOR.
                Deuce, you WILL be OK bro..

Comment

• burtandernie
                  • Nov 2012

Its always possible something pops out of nowhere, but nothing big is really planned that I know of for this year. A lot of times though stuff comes of nowhere that takes everyone by surprise

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by burtandernie
                    Its always possible something pops out of nowhere
                    Minoxidil and finasteride are the two best things we have. Their original use as all of you know wasn't for hair loss. It is just amazing that after all this time and research, our only treatments were basically accidents.

Comment

• inspects
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                      Minoxidil and finasteride are the two best things we have. Their original use as all of you know wasn't for hair loss. It is just amazing that after all this time and research, our only treatments were basically accidents.
                      Isn't that the truth. From what I've read, just better transplant options are becoming available, not any pill or liquid application in the near future....sad, but it is what it is...same ole crap.

Comment

• burtandernie
                        • Nov 2012

While not coming out in 2014 I still have high hopes for CB 03 01. Best case I think its a big win for anyone with hair to keep and it will answer important questions about a different approach to testosterone and DHT. Maybe they will look at receptors more in depth and have some understanding of how it works

Comment

Working...