+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I didn't see results for about a year. Check out Bernstein medical web page. He ha a few before and after from meds. Some results are 2 years out.
    Took about a year for me as well, but well worth the wait.

The mind is powerful, dude.

I've been on Finasteride for like 6 months, and some days my mood and my thought process can make me believe I've regrown hair all over my head. Other days, a different mood and different thoughts can make me certain that I've receded further back and lost more hair.

But one thing is 100% true and that is if you ever drop Fin, you're in for real hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    Took about a year for me as well, but well worth the wait.
    Are those Bernstein Fin only pics real? Some of them are amazing

What ever you do in your styling DO NOT do a COMB OVER!! It doesn't hide anything and just looks silly. Be patient, sometimes drugs do take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by recedingone View Post
    Are those Bernstein Fin only pics real? Some of them are amazing
    Call him up!

They are consistent with other success stories. Maybe they only put up the BEST ones? note the length of use. Some great results under a year but on average I'd say 1-2 year before and after photos.

Also the reason I waited for my HT for a year. 1 year on the big 3 to make sure sides effect are not an issue and to help save some grass on my head. I did get thicker hair. not sure if it was regrowth or density. Nothing was saving my front.

I've been on fin for 8.5 months. The first 4 months were neutral.. no regrowth but everything seemed to stay the same. However in the past 4 months or so my hair has honestly been destroyed. I began fin for my minor temple recession and at the time I perceived little to no thinning on the top of my head. I could spike my hair up at the front and everything was full of volume. Now, although my temples have stayed the same, the whole top of my head has thinned out dramatically. I can't even style my hair anymore because so much of my scalp shows.

Not sure what to think. 9 months on fin and way below baseline? That can't just be a shed, can it? My brother has been on fin for years and he has grown a bunch of hair.

The first time I was on propecia it took 9 months before I could see it working in the crown.

Also even after it starts working you will still go through growth/loss cycles and at times during a loss cycle , it will not look as good and may make you think it has stopped working. You just have to keep taking it and wait for the results.

Thanks mpb47 for the glimmer of hope

I don't find any hairs on my pillow and I don't lose a ridiculous amount of hair in the shower (if I wash my hair every day I might lose 20 hairs in the shower.. if I wash every second day maybe 30-35). The hairs I do lose however look slightly miniaturised as they are less pigmented and thinner. I'm hoping I've just been steadily shedding these hairs and that one day I'll run out of crappy strands to shed. At no point in treatment did I notice a "shed" per se.. I've always lost about the same number of hairs in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    The first time I was on propecia it took 9 months before I could see it working in the crown.

Also even after it starts working you will still go through growth/loss cycles and at times during a loss cycle , it will not look as good and may make you think it has stopped working. You just have to keep taking it and wait for the results.
    I am currently in one of those loss cycles. It blows.