+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 weeks post op

playsound 2 weeks post op

Hi everyone. I had my HT two weeks ago today, but I am concerned as to whether or not my grafts are in place securely? I still have a fair amount of scabs on my scalp and and tempted to pick at them but do not want to pull out the grafts. Also do you think I can start to shampoo my hair under the shower like I would do normally before the transplant. Cheers guys, Dom.

When I had my first HT, my doctor (Doctor McAndrews) told me that at 10 days post-op, I can do anything I want ... shampoo, exercise, slam my head against the wall. :-) My second HT with Doctor Alexander, he said basically the same thing. So, I think you are in the clear my friend, to shampoo and resume life back to normal. But I'd definitely just verify this with your doctor's office.

Congrats on your HT brother,

TeeJay

playsound You're Fine! | Audio Response

Quote Originally Posted by dimebagdom View Post
    Hi everyone. I had my HT two weeks ago today, but I am concerned as to whether or not my grafts are in place securely? I still have a fair amount of scabs on my scalp and and tempted to pick at them but do not want to pull out the grafts. Also do you think I can start to shampoo my hair under the shower like I would do normally before the transplant. Cheers guys, Dom.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

The audio responses are awesome Spencer! They add to the authenticity and genuineness of this community. <And thanks for the "kudos" you gave me in this one!>.

TeeJay

Wow, thanks for your replies Teejay and Spencer. You have made me feel at ease and thank you for welcoming me. Also may I add that the audio file is a really great tool.

Dominic

Arrow

No problem Dom. Good luck!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Default Teejay

Hi Teejay -

Why did you switch Doctors? It sounds like from your posts you had great results from Dr Mcandrews on your first surgery - why did you go with Dr Alexander on your second surgery?

just curious - I just had my first procedure with Dr Mcandrews about a month ago and am happy with the healing so far.

Hey Tornadoslims

You're going to love your results from Doctor McAndrews. I loved everything about my procedure with him, especially the high degree of comfort he maintained before, during, and after the surgery, and the kick-ass results. I had 1,600 grafts with him and he made my hair look phenomally better than it did, after the one procedure I had with Bosley Medical (mistake!) in year 2000. I would recommend immediate family and close friends to him, and in fact I have.

How many grafts did you have done with Doctor McAndrews?

The only reason I chose to switch doctors is because in my 3rd surgery (and hopefully my last) I elected to have a higher number of grafts (3,000 grafts with Doctor Alexander) completed in a single session. That's the only reason. As I am sure you know, there are many different schools of thoughts and philosophies in hair transplantation, and for my 3rd surgery I aligned myself with those of Doctor Alexander. My hair restoration goal was to complete more grafts in a single sessions with the hopes of not having to have any more surgeries. Let's hope I succeed!

Sorry for the late reply brother; and stay tuned for your results. They're gonna be perfect.

TeeJay

Thanks Teejay. I had 1400 grafts. I'm 30 and McAndrews convinced me to go conservatively. I'm a little concerned about shock loss but Dr. Mcandrews assured me it would not be an issue. Now I guess I just wait and see . How long until you started seeing your positive results?

Thanks Teejay - appreciate the answers and support

Tornadoslims

Tornadoslims,

I didn't experience any noticeable shockloss (if any, at all) from my surgery with Doctor McAndrews either. His approach is awesome; works really well and guarantees a high yield. I started to notice results at about the 6 to 7 month mark, and then at 1 year, I noticed them very well.

Hey I am going to be on Spencer's show tonite "The Bald Truth". You can watch it online for free or listen to it on XM Radio. But it'd be cool if you call into the show and join us; we can compare Doctor McAdrews stories. I've always wanted to do that.

TeeJay