+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: propecia cost?

Default propecia cost?

On average, how much does a year supply of 1mg propecia usually cost? I am really nervous about getting on this drug, but I have never had any type of negative reaction to any prescription. To be honest, I am tired of worrying about this shit and want to put a stop to me obsessing if I'm going bald or not. I am seriously considering getting a prescription. I am 26 years old and want to keep as much hair possible until a better solution is available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I go through inhousepharmacy and it's ~$30 for 4 months supply, ~$90 a year. Propecia from a doc is gonna cost way more.

Thanks Bigthinker for the reply. I will have to give that website a try. I hear a lot of positive reviews for inhouse pharmacy. My plan is to cut the 1mg pill into 4ths. and take .25 mg two-three times a week.

Instead of buying propecia get generic proscar. Its way cheaper.

I have a prescription from my doctor for the 5 mg proscar generic and I cut it in 4ths. My insurance does not cover this medication because it is cosmetic. I pick up my 8 pills (32 total doses) once a month at CVS for just over 5 bucks. This is cheaper than what the previous poster said he was paying online, and this is through a family doctor and a legitimate pharmacy. I cut all the pills at one time using a pill splitter called the CVS Shield which makes it super easy. I then put all the quartered pills back into the prescription bottle and take a 4th each day.

Hey thanks Mike! That's great information. I also want to talk to my family doctor and get the prescription through him. It'll definitely ease my mind knowing it's 100% legit/safe. I just hope he fills a prescription and doesn't brush me off or look at me like I'm crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Instead of buying propecia get generic proscar. Its way cheaper.

I have a prescription from my doctor for the 5 mg proscar generic and I cut it in 4ths. My insurance does not cover this medication because it is cosmetic. I pick up my 8 pills (32 total doses) once a month at CVS for just over 5 bucks. This is cheaper than what the previous poster said he was paying online, and this is through a family doctor and a legitimate pharmacy. I cut all the pills at one time using a pill splitter called the CVS Shield which makes it super easy. I then put all the quartered pills back into the prescription bottle and take a 4th each day.
    During my next visit, I will ask my doc to write me a script for proscar. I have heard that some doctors have a problem doing this, so I'll see what happens.

If he doesn't give you the script, just go to a different doctor. If you come in and show that you have done your research I am sure you can find a doctor that will do it. Hell I've known plenty of people who got scripts for adderall in college doing just that, and they certainly did not have ADD. And I'm inclined to believe that this is a much safer drug than adderall.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I have found that with the generic 1 mg and 5 mg Finasteride tablets are much more reasonable at stores like Costco, Walmart, Sam's club versus CVS or Walgreens.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    I have found that with the generic 1 mg and 5 mg Finasteride tablets are much more reasonable at stores like Costco, Walmart, Sam's club versus CVS or Walgreens.
    Very true....About half price in the Phoenix area.

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    Very true....About half price in the Phoenix area.
    I did not know that. I am in AZ also. At the Target pharmacy, I paid 67.99 for generic finasteride. I guess I should have tried Costco.