+ Reply to Thread

playsound a 23 year olds regimen

hello all, firstly i'd just like to thank you for making this forum one of the best i have come across whilst researching into MPB and what the hell to do.

I'm 23 years old and from the UK. I've been losing my hair (crown area) and thinning slowly on top since i was 19. I Decided to act on this roughly early this year. I decided to bite the bullet and jump on the propecia bandwagon straight away (rather than going for the natural scam remedies first)

My current regimen after much tweeking and alternating is as follows;

---------------------------------------
    Propecia 1mg daily
    Rogaine Foam x 2 daily
    Wellman (for men) multivitamin x 1 daily
    Viviscal man x 2 daily
    MSM 3000mg daily
    Nizoral shampoo x 2 weekly
    Korrres for men shampoo daily
    Korres accia conditioner daily

I know to some this may be a bit over the top, especially with the viviscal..but i'm seeing great results. I have been on propecia and rogaine for 7 months now. viviscal two months. msm two months. nizoral, korres shampoo and conditioner for two months. Does anyone think i can add or subtract anything else to this regimen? My crown area has filled in greatly with this regimen, and the top of my head appears to look much thicker too.

BUT...

i'm still having the same problem i have always suffered since i started going bald; the hair on top of my head simply will not grow. I have stopped smoking, i have stopped straightening my hair..my two biggest vices, but that has just made my sides and back grow even faster! I have tried massaging my scalp, but i do not know if i am doing it right as i dont feel any benefits afterwards, ie. the tingly sensation. Does anyone suffer from this? It's really frustating as especially now my hair is in much better condition and thicker i want to grow it out a bit further! any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated e.g exercise? i'm lost. i really am. grrr

playsound Sounds Like You’re Doing Well! | Audio Response

Quote Originally Posted by sleep_flower05 View Post
    hello all, firstly i'd just like to thank you for making this forum one of the best i have come across whilst researching into MPB and what the hell to do.

I'm 23 years old and from the UK. I've been losing my hair (crown area) and thinning slowly on top since i was 19. I Decided to act on this roughly early this year. I decided to bite the bullet and jump on the propecia bandwagon straight away (rather than going for the natural scam remedies first)

My current regimen after much tweeking and alternating is as follows;

---------------------------------------
    Propecia 1mg daily
    Rogaine Foam x 2 daily
    Wellman (for men) multivitamin x 1 daily
    Viviscal man x 2 daily
    MSM 3000mg daily
    Nizoral shampoo x 2 weekly
    Korrres for men shampoo daily
    Korres accia conditioner daily

I know to some this may be a bit over the top, especially with the viviscal..but i'm seeing great results. I have been on propecia and rogaine for 7 months now. viviscal two months. msm two months. nizoral, korres shampoo and conditioner for two months. Does anyone think i can add or subtract anything else to this regimen? My crown area has filled in greatly with this regimen, and the top of my head appears to look much thicker too.

BUT...

i'm still having the same problem i have always suffered since i started going bald; the hair on top of my head simply will not grow. I have stopped smoking, i have stopped straightening my hair..my two biggest vices, but that has just made my sides and back grow even faster! I have tried massaging my scalp, but i do not know if i am doing it right as i dont feel any benefits afterwards, ie. the tingly sensation. Does anyone suffer from this? It's really frustating as especially now my hair is in much better condition and thicker i want to grow it out a bit further! any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated e.g exercise? i'm lost. i really am. grrr
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Spencer,
    Firstly thank you for taking the time to read and fully understand my post, and secondly to provide such an intimate, articulate and honest reply. I couldnt have asked for more. I hope it provides inspiration to everyone on here especially us young'ens who live in such a critical, beauty obsessed western society. Hairloss is a big deal to us, that is why we are here so my only advice from my short experience of going bald is to find propecia and rogaine and be patient. It has taken me a long 7 months to start seeing the benefits that these two drugs can bring. Be healthy, be thankful that we have access to these drugs and take each day as it comes. I know for a fact i have a long way to go, but i also know that i'm not on my own so i know i will be contributing to this forum alot whether it be; asking more questions or giving advice from my own personal experience.

good night from the UK
    craig

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by sleep_flower05 View Post
    Spencer,
    Firstly thank you for taking the time to read and fully understand my post, and secondly to provide such an intimate, articulate and honest reply. I couldnt have asked for more. I hope it provides inspiration to everyone on here especially us young'ens who live in such a critical, beauty obsessed western society. Hairloss is a big deal to us, that is why we are here so my only advice from my short experience of going bald is to find propecia and rogaine and be patient. It has taken me a long 7 months to start seeing the benefits that these two drugs can bring. Be healthy, be thankful that we have access to these drugs and take each day as it comes. I know for a fact i have a long way to go, but i also know that i'm not on my own so i know i will be contributing to this forum alot whether it be; asking more questions or giving advice from my own personal experience.

good night from the UK
    craig
    No worries Craig, and welcome!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Pretty cool reply Spence in more ways than one.

Craig, your reg sounds solid- the main ingredient being Propecia - thats all i take as have learn and gained much experience from others over the years that its about the only MAIN weapon especially for the majority of uses.

There is DUT which several guys i have met swear by and feel it helped them further than propecia/proscar but again i think its an individual thing - some respond better than others.

This chart is interesting though:

As Spencer says - if it aint broke don't fix it.

If taking actual Propecia that will be expensive short and long term - you should consider Proscar mate - its 5mg Finesteride just needs breaking down into 5ths to make Propecia and a DAMM site cheaper.

Regards
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 09-29-2009 at 10:29 AM.