Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

This is the problem with a lot of SMP & why it's important to do your due diligence.

Hairlines are both an art and a science! And, they really can make or break the procedure. At SMG, all of our SMP hairlines are designed by our physicians. The attending doctor for your procedure (Dr. Ron Shapiro, Dr. Paul Shapiro, or Dr. David Josephitis) design your hairline and then I replicate their vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole007 View Post
    Hairlines are both an art and a science! And, they really can make or break the procedure. At SMG, all of our SMP hairlines are designed by our physicians. The attending doctor for your procedure (Dr. Ron Shapiro, Dr. Paul Shapiro, or Dr. David Josephitis) design your hairline and then I replicate their vision.
    I think we really should't give patients too much freedom when it comes to the design of the hair line.

These SMP companies will often say: "But it's the patient who wanted that (phony) hair line!"

Quote Originally Posted by hairlessllama View Post
    Do you have any before treatment photos? How much of your head did you get done?
    Sorry I missed this question. I indeed had my whole head, however, I have a front hairline of transplants so if someone feels my head it always has a rough stubble feel to it. Matt has done literally thousands of procedures so does a good job keeping it realistic and almost 3d looking. I will look for before pics.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I think we really should't give patients too much freedom when it comes to the design of the hair line.

These SMP companies will often say: "But it's the patient who wanted that (phony) hair line!"
    I agree with you. We work together and discuss design - but, we stick to our protocols. In the moment lots of people do think they want a lower hairline - but, as professionals we have to "know better".

This is my biggest fear holding me back from doing it, i have seen some really natural results but as soon as i see a bad job it puts me off, suppose it comes down to who is actually doing your treatment

An experienced practitioner will always be able to deliver a natural looking treatment even when the client demands the most defined hairline.

Greg is absolutely correct, you have to investigate the available clinics and make sure you get the right person for the job. Look through all their work, they should have photographic evidence and video testimonials in most cases.

I believe they make these hairlines as a standard procedure. You can get some different hairline if you ask for it. However, the doctors should know what they are doing. If they have no experience with other hairlines than the unnatural straight lines then I would not go for them.

All depends on the practitioner. Jonathan G out of NYC does awesome hairlines. He was one of the innovators who came up with what's known as the "soft hairline."

I think the problem is the bigger companies are expanding too fast and are putting to work less experienced practitioners.