+ Reply to Thread

Default New comer to the site

Greetings community

This is my 1st blog on the site and I wanted to briefly share my story with the readers.
    I recently under went a procedure utiling the strip method with Dr. John Diep of Los Gatos California. The procedure was 15 hours long including 2 short breaks for lunch in dinner. At the conclusion I walked away with 4588 grafts. The roughest part about the procedure was that I did not sleep at all the night before the procedure and it really took its toll on me because I really wanted to be awake throughtout the entire surgery. Dr.Diep was very informative and well versed in his craft. He understood the complexities of my situation and explained the realities of what he could do to help me reach my goal.

For the new comers who are considering taking the hair transplant plunge I suggest you to do your homework. I researched many of doctors over 3 years and narrowed down the top 5 that I felt was suitable for (my) needs remember this is not a one size fits all procedure. Once I did that I used the same process again to select my final choice. I considered the following the doctors state licensing record/ previous clients/skill sets such as experience with my texture of hair (african american), Another very important factor was my doctors ability to cut
    and stitch. Trust me this is crucial. Dr. Diep's technicians were top notch two technicians flew in just for my surgery. Dr. Diep's staffing was very important to me because along with a great doctor in hair transplant will have a phenomenol team of technicians in his arsenol behind the scenes. They are truly the unsung heroes in this industry. I won't discuss what I paid per graft or for the entire surgery but I will say I was pleased with the price and the outcome so far.

I will post pictures as I progress.

P.S. Thanks for the words of wisdom Joe Tronic

Rogerlocco

Default Diep

Agree, Diep is legit. I just did a 1500 graft FUE with him. Google search him and you will see more feedback on hm from patients in various forums

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I hope things turn out well for you. I have been hearing a lot of good things about Dr. Diep. I totally agree that hair transplantation is a very staff dependent surgery and that all the really good hair restoration surgeons have a talented group of technicians.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Are you seeing any regrowth yet? Can you share pictures? I'm considering getting a HT from him.

Quote Originally Posted by positive a View Post
    Are you seeing any regrowth yet? Can you share pictures? I'm considering getting a HT from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlacoco View Post
    I will post pictures as I progress.
    It's 1.5 years ago so I guess he has completely forgotten about this place: He only got 1 post.