Sm04554 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 992

Thread: Sm04554

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    244

    Thumbs up Sm04554

    There is record of a clinial trial being carried out on the Australia New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry. It is for a topical solution containing a small molecule currently named SM04554. The trial states that this topical may activate the wnt pathway. Trial was only short and started Sept 2013. I wonder what the outcomes were. There is a contact for public enquiries if someone has time to send them an email - it's on the trial details.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,423

    Default

    Link to source?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    465

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Sounds cool, but is Australia's drug approval process as messed up as the US?. I do not know about yall but I cannot wait much longer for a safe topical AA. Hassan and Wong talked about a topical AA that is suppose to be out this year, but cannot remember the name to it. C'mon man how can you say something like that and get our hopes up. I do not think it is CB because they heard it at a hair loss convention and Cosmo did not deliver any addresses that said it would be out this year.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Sounds cool, but is Australia's drug approval process as messed up as the US?. I do not know about yall but I cannot wait much longer for a safe topical AA. Hassan and Wong talked about a topical AA that is suppose to be out this year, but cannot remember the name to it. C'mon man how can you say something like that and get our hopes up. I do not think it is CB because they heard it at a hair loss convention and Cosmo did not deliver any addresses that said it would be out this year.
    From the looks of that page, there is recruiting happening in the US at this moment

    The Hasson & Wong things ended up being a misunderstanding

    And for God's sake, stop with the FDA bitching, save it for a time when a drugs advances to phase III with decent results

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Wow so this did not go through any trials yet? Would have been good news about ten years ago, but unfortunately most of us will be bald by the time this comes out. I was not bitching about the FDA just saying it is messed up. As far as H and W. How do you know it was a misunderstanding. Did they say that? Where and when?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Wow so this did not go through any trials yet? Would have been good news about ten years ago, but unfortunately most of us will be bald by the time this comes out. I was not bitching about the FDA just saying it is messed up. As far as H and W. How do you know it was a misunderstanding. Did they say that? Where and when?
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15018

    Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    I asked Dr. Hasson about this a few days ago. He said that there was nothing more to share than what has already been stated. He doesn't know the name of this AA and he heard about it at the ISHRS conference back in October.
    Seems like the general consensus is that it was a misunderstanding.

    As far as the clinical trial goes, the status says that it is recruiting, but they expected to end enrollment by November last year, so maybe they haven't updated

    My bad, it doesn't seem to be any recruitment in the US at the moment, I misinterpreted the "Page 8" and "recruitment outside australia" sections. But it does lists a company in America as the primary sponsor

    Still, this stuff seems pretty interesting, the primary sponsor seems connected with WNT research
    http://www.samumed.com/

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    israel
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    From the looks of that page, there is recruiting happening in the US at this moment

    The Hasson & Wong things ended up being a misunderstanding

    And for God's sake, stop with the FDA bitching, save it for a time when a drugs advances to phase III with decent results
    I agree phase 111 is crucial , most go dead after phase 1 .

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    I agree phase 111 is crucial , most go dead after phase 1 .
    Many go dead after Phase I too *cough*Aderans,RU58841,neosh,etc*cough*

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Many go dead after Phase I too *cough*Aderans,RU58841,neosh,etc*cough*
    PSK 3841, a nonsteroidal
    antiandrogen, has completed phase IIa
    trials for the treatment of androgenetic
    alopecia and a clinical proof-of-concept
    study to reduce sebum flow and
    secretion in patients with acne. Six
    months of treatment with PSK 3481
    demonstrated equivalent or better net
    hair growth compared with finasteride.

    Source: «Drug News» Vol. 13, No. 13 March 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Dermarolling Community Trial
07-23-2013 11:08 PM
Last Post By Reed
Yesterday 11:17 PM
Genuine thoughts on hairline? 23 years old
09-20-2018 04:22 PM
by Diego11
Last Post By mrclean
Yesterday 08:33 PM
THe Bald Truth LIVE NOW!
Yesterday 02:48 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Yesterday 02:48 PM
cant go to college bcoz of norwood 2
01-03-2016 04:11 AM
Last Post By robincurtz
Yesterday 01:46 PM
The Growing Dangers Of The Hair Transplant Industry!
09-18-2018 04:46 AM
by Spex
Last Post By Spex
Yesterday 04:20 AM