X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stratowich
    • May 2015

Originally posted by TooMuchHairWontKillYou
    Interesting article http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1038%2Fnbt0216-120

But can't read the second page. If someone has access to it please copy it here
    Nice to see a well written article on AGA in a high profile journal like Nature Biotechnology.

There isn't actually too much information on the second page (the article only consists of 2 pages). However, there is mentioning of another Milan-based company developing a topical DHT antagonist which sounds to have potentials:
    "The oral DHT inhibitor Propecia, also used in a higher dose for treating enlarged prostates, slows hair loss but has potential side effects that include impotence and dizziness. Moreover, the drug is approved only for men, since exposures during pregnancy can harm the fetus.
    Instead, Cassiopea of Milan, Italy is developing a topical DHT antagonist called Breezula for alopecia treatment. According to the company’s chief executive officer, Diana Harbort, the drug breaks down into harmless byproducts on entering circulation. If approved, Breezula would be the first anti-DHT compound available for use in both men and women. Currently a boutique firm specializing in dermatology, Cassiopeia was spun off by its parent company, Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, in January 2015."

Comment

• Hubris
      • Jul 2015

Very interesting article. What I could read of it anyway.

Comment

• paleocapa89
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by stratowich
        Nice to see a well written article on AGA in a high profile journal like Nature Biotechnology.

There isn't actually too much information on the second page (the article only consists of 2 pages). However, there is mentioning of another Milan-based company developing a topical DHT antagonist which sounds to have potentials:"[/I]
        That's CB-03-01

Comment

• nameless
          • Feb 2013

Wilma Bergfield says the results seem encouraging. That sounds kind of tame.

Comment

• Hemo
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by nameless
            Wilma Bergfield says the results seem encouraging. That sounds kind of tame.
            The first paragraph also says they plan to move onto phase 3. You think they'd move on with "tame" results?

Comment

• iaskdumbquestions
              • Dec 2015

Saw this posted on the other forum...

Comment

• 20legend
                • Feb 2015

What is the link about ? Care to elaborate? The translate option doesn't help much either

Comment

• nameless
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Hemo
                  The first paragraph also says they plan to move onto phase 3. You think they'd move on with "tame" results?
                  I agree that if they move to phase 3 that's a good sign.

But a lot of phase 2 companies say they're going to move to phase 3 but then it never happens. We have to wait to see if they actually do it.

Comment

• addict
                    • Feb 2016

The link was broken - should've been http://www.haarproblemen.nl/research...ten-voor-2015/ which is meant to show a before/after for SM04554. It's bogus though - the picture is of a H&W HT https://hassonandwong.com/hair-trans.../patient-1890/

Comment

• rdawg
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by nameless
                      I agree that if they move to phase 3 that's a good sign.

But a lot of phase 2 companies say they're going to move to phase 3 but then it never happens. We have to wait to see if they actually do it.
                      There hasn't been a single company with a hairloss product to talk about Phase III since Proscar in the mid-90's(although you can count DUT last year but that is an archaic drug as well).

If a company is talking about Phase III with a hairloss drug, it is massive news for the industry, it all but guarentees a new product on the market as it means they had great efficacy in the 2nd phase.

Only products close to this are BIM(which is in another Phase IIb), Histogen(which looks to skip phase III by using other countries) and of course SM which is still fairly mysterious.

Comment

• Hemo
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by rdawg
                        There hasn't been a single company with a hairloss product to talk about Phase III since Proscar in the mid-90's(although you can count DUT last year but that is an archaic drug as well).

If a company is talking about Phase III with a hairloss drug, it is massive news for the industry, it all but guarentees a new product on the market as it means they had great efficacy in the 2nd phase.

Only products close to this are BIM(which is in another Phase IIb), Histogen(which looks to skip phase III by using other countries) and of course SM which is still fairly mysterious.
                        Yup. The other thing that intrigues me about SM is that their participants had higher norwood levels, so if they're reporting efficacy then it should work for a good number of balding folks.

Comment

• BoSox
                          • Jun 2010

What will this do for a Norwood 3? I'm currently a NW 2.22222222. Thinning getting worse on top. Will I benefit from SM04554?

Comment

• Dimoxynil
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by BoSox
                            What will this do for a Norwood 3? I'm currently a NW 2.22222222. Thinning getting worse on top. Will I benefit from SM04554?
                            No one knows for sure yet mate. Some people are optimistic but with no real reason. If they move into phase 3 then as others have pointed out that would be a good enough reason for optimism.

Stay neutral would be my advice and don't expect miracles

Comment

• IvanXproject
                              • Apr 2015

Is there ANY chance that SM will be able to skip phase III? And when will their extended study end? March?

Comment

• Hemo
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by IvanXproject
                                Is there ANY chance that SM will be able to skip phase III? And when will their extended study end? March?
                                In my eyes, no, but who am I to really say. But wait for the 21st century cures act to actually pass before you get too hopeful. We also have yet to see how effective SM is, so everything is up in the air.

Comment

Working...