Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dm90
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by kim889
    I typed "Wnt pathway" on Google and all this stuff is related to cancer. It's scary to know SM04554 is dealing with this, how can we know if this can provok cancer after 5/10 years of using this?
    They can look for Histological changes from the biopsies, there are pretty obvious signs on a histological level if a compound can lead to cancer. Dont start worrying about potential cancer for a drug that hasnt even been approved yet, If it gets to that point chances are its safe. I was merely saying thats probably what the extended biopsy trials are for.

Comment

• Seuxin
      • Jan 2014

I wondered if anyone already tried the wnt agonist selled on TheKaneShop nammed 6-bio ? It's cheap....but i don't know the amount to use ! Anyone have informations about this ?

Comment

• iaskdumbquestions
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by noisette
        Hi
        I would like to post something interested :
        the meeting of north american hair research society will take place on
        Friday, March 4, 2016 • 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
        Washington DC, USA
        Registration is required. $25 for Members; $50 for Non-Members

Perhaps, we will have some informations about the phase 2 of SM.
        And the last but not least this : the last phase 2 of SM will finish on March 2016 "A Study of SM04554 Applied Topically to the Scalp of Male Subjects With Androgenetic Alopecia Analyzed by Biopsy of the Scalp Prior To and Post Dosing"

source:

http://nahrs.org/MeetingsCalendar.aspx

I sent the coordinator an email, and she said the speakers are George Cotsarelis and Desmond Tobin. Unfortunately Samumed will not be there

Comment

• Tomtom21
          • Jun 2015

I sent the coordinator an email, and she said the speakers are George Cotsarelis and Desmond Tobin. Unfortunately Samumed will not be there

Comb through the last link I posted... They will be presenting an electronic poster session on March 5, from 12:15-12:20 or some thing like that on their phase 1 study.... Just gotta be patient and wait for phase II results to be published

Comment

• TooMuchHairWontKillYou
            • Apr 2015

Saw it today. Posted 2/1/2016
            Search biotech, clinical research and pharmaceutical jobs from our network of premier life sciences employers.

It says that Samumed is looking for director for sales "RESPONSIBILITIES: Develop market access strategy for initial drug launch and build associated team"

Maybe it's nothing special but still better than nothing :d

Comment

• Tomtom21
              • Jun 2015

Nice find... If you read the position it placed emphasis on the molecule for OA. Hopefully that doesnt mean they are going to prioritize the launch of that molecule before sm04554 because that molecule is just recruiting for phase 2 study now. Well just gave to wait and see what the coming months bring us.

Comment

• Hemo
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TooMuchHairWontKillYou
                Saw it today. Posted 2/1/2016
                Search biotech, clinical research and pharmaceutical jobs from our network of premier life sciences employers.

It says that Samumed is looking for director for sales "RESPONSIBILITIES: Develop market access strategy for initial drug launch and build associated team"

Maybe it's nothing special but still better than nothing :d
                The first bullet specifies "Set strategic priorities from a market access standpoint pertaining to Samumed’s initial launch of a novel OA drug" - OA meaning Osteoarthritis. I'd be pretty excited if it said AA but it seems this person wouldn't be focused on that, at least not yet.

Comment

• TooMuchHairWontKillYou
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Hemo
                  The first bullet specifies "Set strategic priorities from a market access standpoint pertaining to Samumed’s initial launch of a novel OA drug" - OA meaning Osteoarthritis. I'd be pretty excited if it said AA but it seems this person wouldn't be focused on that, at least not yet.
                  Oh Shi t :|

Comment

• rdawg
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Hemo
                    If they do launch this hairloss drug, it wont be for another couple years, doubtful they'd hire someone for that right now, it's too premature.

Comment

• paleocapa89
                      • Sep 2015

What is interesting, is that if I am interpreting this correctly they only started enrollment of patients to their Phase II clinical trail of their OA drug in 2015 November 6. And they are already hiring a sales director?

Comment

• Hemo
                        • Apr 2015

I'm not gonna harp on about the phase IIb delay anymore, but I just re-read their initial study's timeline which "involved a 90‐day once‐a‐day treatment period and a 45‐day post‐treatment follow up." (this was taken from their website). Extending their phase IIb by 45 days simply allows them to take the same 45 day post-treatment measure as the initial phase II, at least in my opinion (for a total 135 day trial, same as the first).

Comment

• 20legend
                          • Feb 2015

On clinical trails, the SM phase 2b trials isn't recruitment any more. Guess they got the required people.
                          It say it should finish by April so hopefully sometime next month we got a positive update from them.

In the meantime all we can do if find out about their molecule. Coz I think many ppl will be willing to give this a try.

Comment

• TooMuchHairWontKillYou
                            • Apr 2015

Interesting article http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1038%2Fnbt0216-120

But can't read the second page. If someone has access to it please copy it here

Comment

• baldybald
                              • Jul 2012

We need to pay to see it though

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                                • Aug 2015

"“We have good evidence that bimatoprost [Latisse] stimulates hair growth, but skin absorption with our formulation was less than 1% so most of it was wasted,” he says. Allergan has since developed a new formulation with increased scalp penetrance, which will enter phase 1 safety testing in February."

I didn't know about this.

Comment

Working...