+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    To be fair though, I believe lithium's potency in vivo exceeds its potency in vitro....that being said, I agree that just upregulating Wnt doesn't really solve the major problem of pushing the SC's to produce TACs...

Check out this....even more potent GSK-3b modulators than 6-BIO
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK133436/

I
    agree Ko1, but if a compound can inhibit at uM dose, then its already ultra potent..

I still think that we could expect something from wounding/ Chlorine Dioxide + strong gsk3 inhibitors.

We need something more than dermarolling, I think. Cotsarelis' work implied that we need a wound that doesn't close in on itself, so a pinprick style wound like needle woulnd't do it. We need to dermabrade a decent surface area, say a few square cm's. Something like a chemical peel would work. Especially if we're doing this on slick bald scalp.

What do you guys think about using a topical like VPA or 6BIO to the donor site after FUE? All those wounds are there....

Why do you guys think this SM drug will not work on its own? I'm assuming samumed has some hopes for efficacy if they are going ahead with such a large phase 2 trial...

I feel like I read a lot of armchair science on here, but as far as I know none of the guys on here have ever seen a wnt agonist used and tested in this capacity. whatever chemical you used is not the same as this one. I'm not saying I have high hopes for anything, but why exactly should we be skeptical of this one? Seems far more promising as a maintenance drug than CB or other antiandrogens, which have well known limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Why do you guys think this SM drug will not work on its own? I'm assuming samumed has some hopes for efficacy if they are going ahead with such a large phase 2 trial...

I feel like I read a lot of armchair science on here, but as far as I know none of the guys on here have ever seen a wnt agonist used and tested in this capacity. whatever chemical you used is not the same as this one. I'm not saying I have high hopes for anything, but why exactly should we be skeptical of this one? Seems far more promising as a maintenance drug than CB or other antiandrogens, which have well known limitations.
    Maybe SM04554 alone can regrow a good amount of hair on diffuse thinners? lets hope thats the case. I certainly dont expect a NW 7 to NW1 reversal.

But, like you said, they are spending millions on a ph.II trial for a reason. Also that trial will be 3 times bigger than the one cosmo is conducting for cb. Expensive as f#ck...

Nevertheless, after reading Boldy and seeing some great results with a proper wounding protocol, i think our best chance to regrow a good amount of hair will come from the combination of wounding and potent GSK3 inhibitors.

How can we get the word out about this trial? I'd love for people from the community to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post

It is because AGA skin has too many problems going on, oxidation, senescence, apoptotic cells, loss of subcutaneous fat, immune system doing who knows what. Wounding gives us a chance to rebuild the skin.

As for these guys, they are not hair loss guys, they're primarily Wnt experts who are targeting the problem in the way they know best. I'm confident it will do something, because a weaker Wnt agonist like VPA is proven to grow hair, but I doubt it will be spectacular. Obviously, happy to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    Maybe SM04554 alone can regrow a good amount of hair on diffuse thinners? lets hope thats the case. I certainly dont expect a NW 7 to NW1 reversal.

But, like you said, they are spending millions on a ph.II trial for a reason. Also that trial will be 3 times bigger than the one cosmo is conducting for cb. Expensive as f#ck...

Nevertheless, after reading Boldy and seeing some great results with a proper wounding protocol, i think our best chance to regrow a good amount of hair will come from the combination of wounding and potent GSK3 inhibitors.
    I still have like 200-300mg 6-BIO in my freezer from the groupbuy, more than enough for 1 year trial. Im okay to donate some of it if someone is willing to photo document a proper wounding trial + this gsk3 inhibitor. a slick bald scalp would be an interesting test case. it is this compound: http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/.../b1686?lang=en

Keep in mind that this stuff is experimental and stains red, so has to be used at night, or when no one can see you

Quote Originally Posted by Boldy View Post
    I still have like 200-300mg 6-BIO in my freezer from the groupbuy, more than enough for 1 year trial. Im okay to donate some of it if someone is willing to photo document a proper wounding trial + this gsk3 inhibitor. a slick bald scalp would be an interesting test case. it is this compound: http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/.../b1686?lang=en

Keep in mind that this stuff is experimental and stains red, so has to be used at night, or when no one can see you
    thanks man, but i'm not the experimental type of guy. Maybe someone else is interested in doing it though. It could be really interesting

What i am considering is wounding my hairline the way 2young2retire from stopag forum did. His results were amazing, almost complete reversal

What if follica didnt release anything because the impossibility to "monetize" their wounding protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    What if follica didnt release anything because the impossibility to "monetize" their wounding protocol?
    The Phase 2a results for Follica is in their patent. It is more likely it is not released because it is no better than minoxidil.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=p...0140079686.pdf