+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    I just can't share the optimism. We're lucky if a cure comes out when we're [B]alive[B]? So if you're 65 years old, and the "cure" comes out, that's a victory in your mind? Even though it won't have any affect on your life?

All I want is a goddamn treatment that can slow down my hairloss without castrating me so I don't have to worry about my hairloss every time I go to the beach, or a bar, or ride in my friends jeep with the roof off. Until then, I'm just going to be completely unable to enjoy most activities to the fullest. Maybe 70 percent, while the other 30 is worried about how shitty I look. That might be ridiculous and shallow but it's a fact and nothing about my willpower can change it.
    I hear you and I feel your pain, but there's no reason to think there ever will be a cure. They could try for a 1,000 years and never be able to crack it. What if it's impossible? That could very well be the situation. So, yes, if we experience a cure in our lifetimes, that would definitely be amazing. I don't know if you're relatively new to this or not (it's all relative, I'm not trying in any way to diminish your experiences) but I've been dealing with it for 16 years so I know the difficulties involved in trying to live your life not being consumed by the fact that you can't enjoy activities to the fullest. Got to do the best you can to make what you have work for you though; it's still your life and you have to live it for as long as you're alive, and it's going to go by one way or the other. If being pissed and upset about it grew back hair, trust me, I'd be walking down the street during a hurricane with the proudest, thickest pompadour you've ever seen!

Also, I know strategically employing hats in challenging environments can feel like you're crossing a line that you'd rather not but my life got about a million times easier when I started pulling one out for the kind of situations you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Also, I get the impression that the Forbes piece was not written in response to the actual presentation but based on a preview they received from Samumed before the conference. For those reacting very negatively, I would suggest at least waiting until we get access to some of the materials and information that were actually presented at the conference itself, not just this preliminary review.
    Reading the article again, it is certain he wrote it before the presentation.

But the data was apparently reviewed by doctors who had previous access to the presentation

I think we should wait for official info before rushing into conclusions

I have been lurking this forum for 4 years now and after subpar results of other drugs (CB, Bim, Seti, etc) I am eagar to hear any news on SM04554.

Granted, "only" 10 more hairs from 1cm squared is a very minor improvements and can be disappointing to hear at first sight.

However, we gotta remember that they only recruited NW4+ patients for their Phase 2 study and its result is only at 3 months.

This means that results can get much better if you are below NW4 and take it for more than 3 months as most implanted hairs don't even grow in 3 months.

Also, avg pt hair density per 1cm squared was 110 hairs thus 10 hairs was a 10% increase of density.

Last but not least, the placebo group had decrease of hairs (5 hairs) which suggests that SM can maybe maintain hairs as well.

Overall not the greatest result we all anticipated but still too early to cross SM off our list as others are saying here.

I'm still interested in Sammumeds official statement and results on the drug. Because the forbes article also says they are trying to proceed into further trials for approval. I'm not speculating on anything but if the results were really that poor, I cant imagine them continuing with trials. Hopefully we will here something from them soon.

Hi! I still think they can make it, that´s not a significant improvement but let them do their job. It has been only a three months trial, so please do not draw conclusions from that.

I have read something about April in a different forum. What are they gonna do then? Any clue? Thanks guys and do not give up, we are on this together! We all want a cure, but it seems we have to wait... At least for a while!

Having a tough time accepting this, but I also want to wait for the official announcements before I jump to conclusions. I don't see why Samumed would go to the trouble of presenting at a conference not to mention all the "hinting" about decent results if they knew the results were actually lackluster and were considering not moving forward with SM04554. Wouldn't it make more sense to just quietly shut down the project and move on? Then again, Aderans and Washenik were totally enthusiastic about ARI right up until the day they liquidated the lab sold off the equipment.

This whole thing feels just like what happened when Replicel first announced their trial results. Huge letdown and then months later they released a bunch of statements trying to convince us that things weren't as bad as they looked.

I'm grasping for ways to maintain hope here. Could SM04554 give truly effective maintenance if not regrowth? Will results be better at six months or one year? Could it have a synergistic effect with minox or fin? Could it be used with hair transplants to make transplants a better option?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Having a tough time accepting this, but I also want to wait for the official announcements before I jump to conclusions. I don't see why Samumed would go to the trouble of presenting at a conference not to mention all the "hinting" about decent results if they knew the results were actually lackluster and were considering not moving forward with SM04554. Wouldn't it make more sense to just quietly shut down the project and move on? Then again, Aderans and Washenik were totally enthusiastic about ARI right up until the day they liquidated the lab sold off the equipment.

This whole thing feels just like what happened when Replicel first announced their trial results. Huge letdown and then months later they released a bunch of statements trying to convince us that things weren't as bad as they looked.

I'm grasping for ways to maintain hope here. Could SM04554 give truly effective maintenance if not regrowth? Will results be better at six months or one year? Could it have a synergistic effect with minox or fin? Could it be used with hair transplants to make transplants a better option?
    3 MONTHS and every one is depressed and losing hope. It was stupid of them to announce results after such a short period of time. I am assuming they did so because of trial regulations, or promoting their company or some crap. Hair cycling and growth is painfully slow. Fin takes up to a year to see results. Minoxidil six months to a year. Lets calm down and see what happens before throwing in the towel.

Honestly after thinking about it, I'm feeling positive about all if this. I mean 90 days is really way to short, but we still saw a minor improvement. I could see them going into a large phase 3 trial with application for 12 straight months. I really think they will continue with the trials. But I do hope they do mutliple control groups, with at least one group using sm and fin. I think combination therapy is imperative.

OK, so 10 hairs per square cm isn't anything too exciting... BUT it's ten more hairs than any snake-oils have been capable of. Maybe different doses, maybe more time required to see better results, maybe used in combination with something else. At the very least it confirms the science that motivated trying this approach. In fact... forget about regrowth, even just a reliable maintenance would be great. If that's what this turns out to be, I'll take it.

OK, so does anyone know when they will publish the official presentation?

There will probably be pics included