+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 100 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

I take back my last post... if the drug didnt produce somewhat good results i cant imagine them presenting this in this way. Seems they are very confident in their product

Lets hope its good. A new treatment is just what the doctor ordered. Also maybe more exciting is it will define the future direction of further research much like propecia did back when it came out. Think how many years after propecia and even today the amount of research that went into AAs and androgens thanks to propecia. Big new treatments set the standards and define future paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboy View Post
    We don't know what it will regrow exactly, but they did have high Norwoods in the test group. They claimed to have decently good results too. So... Time will tell. Like everything else
    I'm not sure you can read a whole lot into the participants' norwoods. It's just much easier to track, observe and photograph regrowth on patients who have less hair on their scalps. Even if the new hair that pops up doesn't make the person look drastically better overall, it's easier to definitively show that new hair has grown and it's not just lighting/ a combover.

In any event, I want to be optimistic but the presentation is only going to be 12 minutes long? That doesn't sound like enough time to truly delve into the science behind a potential breakthrough drug in the industry or raise more funds from investors. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    I'm not sure you can read a whole lot into the participants' norwoods. It's just much easier to track, observe and photograph regrowth on patients who have less hair on their scalps. Even if the new hair that pops up doesn't make the person look drastically better overall, it's easier to definitively show that new hair has grown and it's not just lighting/ a combover.

In any event, I want to be optimistic but the presentation is only going to be 12 minutes long? That doesn't sound like enough time to truly delve into the science behind a potential breakthrough drug in the industry or raise more funds from investors. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Don't worry about the length of the presentation. This is a prestigious international academic conference and Samumed has been selected to present their results. It's the conference that dictates the presentation duration - not Samumed - everyone in that session gets 12 minutes. This is standard for any international conference - this is how important trials get reported these days. If the results are big, they'll get a ton of press - and everything else will follow. This whole development is very, very encouraging.

Contrast this to Allergan's treatment of Bimatoprost - they weren't presenting those results anywhere - they snuck them into the middle of a quarterly report.

Samumed is front and center at the world's biggest annual skin conference. You've gotta believe they've got something that they are excited about. To note - their osteoarthritis results that got a lot of publicity were posters at a conference - posters are not prestigious at all. Getting to present your results at a late breaking session - whole different level.

This time - we've got reason to be excited.

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    I take back my last post... if the drug didnt produce somewhat good results i cant imagine them presenting this in this way. Seems they are very confident in their product
    Judging by the way they talked about it(back in December they said they had significant response to the drug and we're talking NW4+ type of people, which would include diffuse thinners and such)

Very promising, we already know the results weren't bad, I dont know why anyone thinks that(as they claimed to see significant regrowth) it's a matter of how good they actually were.

If it's a continued growth, this would be amazing, if it's only an initial response which bumps you up a norwood or something, then it's still more promising than anything on the market.

I'd say it's time to get fairly excited here.

Again just posting this article again, http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...t-Hair-Density

They already stated significant statistical hair growth after a 135 day study(4.5 months), if the product worked continuously, then they would be seeing continued results even later.

There is no bad news coming here, even in this ariticle it says they've seen enough to want pivotal(phase III) trials.

the question is, is this a major breakthrough in regrowth(not necessarily a cure, but something that has a major effect), or just a small step forward( a super minoxidil).

My fingers are crossed , i hope this is a home run . My qeustion is , how long to get it to the market if its the real deal .

I'm slightly confused.. I read that study that was published In December just now, and it says , to sum it up, positive results on Norwood 4 and greater. So why is there hype now, and not directly after the hairless conference? I've read somewhere they are posting something in early March, is this the actual hair % increase and density growth, pictures, or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH123 View Post
    I'm slightly confused.. I read that study that was published In December just now, and it says , to sum it up, positive results on Norwood 4 and greater. So why is there hype now, and not directly after the hairless conference? I've read somewhere they are posting something in early March, is this the actual hair % increase and density growth, pictures, or what ?
    No it was just a preview back in december, there was hype back then as well(cautious optimism for the most part)

The fact that they were near the end of the trial and seeing positive results, then stating they were going to review the results further and right away releasing those results is an incredibly good sign.

usually when it's been bad news, there has always been a delay, but with this product they have been vocal for a few months about it, and that article just mentions that they are seeing very positive results.

The exact results will be heard in less than two weeks, we know it's good, but how good is the question!

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    The exact results will be heard in less than two weeks, we know it's good, but how good is the question!
    I think we have to assume that the results are at least better than minoxidil. If the results were less than or equal to minoxidil, it would be unlikely that they would wish to pursue further clinical trials. Thus, there is definitely room here for cautious optimism.