Sm04554

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KO1
    • Jan 2012

PHase I was just safety, they're unlikely to release efficacy data....if they even gave it enough time to work.

Comment

• paulneedshair
      • Oct 2014

looks good

Comment

• macbeth81
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by KO1
        PHase I was just safety, they're unlikely to release efficacy data....if they even gave it enough time to work.
        Anyone notice how they used a higher dosage during Phase I safety trials? Phase I used 0.05%, 0.15%, and 0.45%, while Phase II is using only 0.15% and 0.25%. Would there be safety issues regarding manipulating WNT pathways?

The only other explanation is that they found 0.45% unnecessary and are narrowing down to the most efficient dosage.

Doesn't this work similar to Histogen?

Comment

• LMS
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by macbeth81
          Kind of but not really. Histogen is growth factors which activate numerous pathways of which the WNT pathways is one of them. This drug merely activates the WNT pathway if I am correct. So different MoAs above all.

Comment

• KO1
            • Jan 2012

I think they just wanted to overdose just to check the tolerable range. But there are definitely safety issues with Wnt - it is an important signal in cancer growth.

Comment

• hgs1989
              • Mar 2014

regarding cancer, from my understanding is that wnt cause proliferation of cells and over expressed in caner cells which provide cancer the ability to spread and proliferate fast. in addition wnt is also required for certain type of carcinogenesis. the over proliferation of cells can lead to mutation that causes cancer. this is why wnt is effective in hair regeneration because it causes cells differentiation and proliferation.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by macbeth81
                Anyone notice how they used a higher dosage during Phase I safety trials? Phase I used 0.05%, 0.15%, and 0.45%, while Phase II is using only 0.15% and 0.25%. Would there be safety issues regarding manipulating WNT pathways?

The only other explanation is that they found 0.45% unnecessary and are narrowing down to the most efficient dosage.

Phase I trials are done to assess the safety of the treatment. They are done at doses higher than what would be administered in the final commercial product. You have to be able to define the toxicity, or lack there of, at the dosage levels intended to be used in the general public. The only way to do this is by exceeding the therapeutic dose and seeing if there is toxicity. If the safety profile is clean at a higher dose, they can proceed with future trials with little concern that lower doses would be toxic.

Comment

• Shinobi
                  • Oct 2014

Im wondering by wich mecanism this molecule works. What is the target ? We already have study on hair promoting effect for VPA as gsk3 inhibitor which then increase b catenin in nucleus (proteasome inhibitors also upregulate beta-catenin levels). We also have other good candidate for such purpose like 6-bio wich is a potent, reversible and ATP-competitive gsk3a/β inhibitor. This molecule is used in cell culture to maintain the properties of DP cells intact.

Such molecules are by defintion anti cells proliferation activity so scientific use growth factor such as FGF2 in the media.

There is a lot of question awaiting for an answer for this molecule. I would like more information about it

Comment

• KO1
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Shinobi
                    Im wondering by wich mecanism this molecule works. What is the target ? We already have study on hair promoting effect for VPA as gsk3 inhibitor which then increase b catenin in nucleus (proteasome inhibitors also upregulate beta-catenin levels). We also have other good candidate for such purpose like 6-bio wich is a potent, reversible and ATP-competitive gsk3a/β inhibitor. This molecule is used in cell culture to maintain the properties of DP cells intact.
                    They have not released the mechanism by which it works, it might be a GSK-3b modulator, in which case I expect it to be more potent than VPA or 6BIO. This is a Pfizer molecule which the firm found in their chemical library and have the rights to.

Originally posted by Shinobi
                    Such molecules are by defintion anti cells proliferation activity so scientific use growth factor such as FGF2 in the media.
                    This is not correct, it will promote cell proliferation.

Comment

• Swooping
                      • May 2014

I hope we can get some more information about this trial, hopefully we will get updated through the 2nd trial so we will know the effectiveness. Somebody should sign up from the forum that would be awesome. I hope it will be more selective and better acting than something like VPA, that would be awesome.

Comment

• Boldy
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by KO1
                        They have not released the mechanism by which it works, it might be a GSK-3b modulator, in which case I expect it to be more potent than VPA or 6BIO. This is a Pfizer molecule which the firm found in their chemical library and have the rights to.

This is not correct, it will promote cell proliferation.
                        normal gsk3b inhibitors slowdown fibroblast proliferation (in vpa and bio studies)

Comment

• KO1
                          • Jan 2012

But don't they promote proliferation of TA cells?

Comment

• KO1
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Swooping
                            I hope we can get some more information about this trial, hopefully we will get updated through the 2nd trial so we will know the effectiveness. Somebody should sign up from the forum that would be awesome. I hope it will be more selective and better acting than something like VPA, that would be awesome.
                            Yep, we need to get the word out....all the guys who don't take any meds for hair loss can sign up for this....maybe Spencer Kobren can promote this?

Comment

• deuce
                              • May 2013

Sucks because a lot of us will be NW5-6 by the time this comes out.Wish I was born 5 years earlier.

Comment

• Boldy
                                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by KO1
                                Yep, we need to get the word out....all the guys who don't take any meds for hair loss can sign up for this....maybe Spencer Kobren can promote this?

im not sure, i will read the latest study tomorrow , a vary interesting one, it is at least partly responsible for differentiation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0716ky9q3r...Genes.pdf?dl=0

but it doesn't matter, the vpa/bio studies show slowed down fibroblast proliferation in vitro (where you want to expand as much as possible), vivo is different story anyway

Comment

Working...