Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigentries
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by maver1ck
    Common sense would say yes, they have something to promote so they obviously spend what money they can to get the 3rd sponsorship spot. We KNOW they have something, but we just dont know how effectively it works. With that being said why promote yourselves when you know your product doesn't even work? If we can believe those people on this thread with knowledge of clinical trials (and I dont really see why any laymen shouldnt) then there really is something to the second round of testing and maybe they will make a full scale announcement.
    Just so people get it into context. Aderans had the same sponsorship in the last congress

Comment

• Renee
      • Jul 2015

I don't understand why intercytex & aderans shut down after spending all that money. They still have access to a lot of capital and could of continued doing research. Closing shop and moving on seems to me they had no hope of finding the cure.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
        • Sep 2014

This is a thread about SM. If you want to talk about intercyx and aderans, then go start a new thread and take that crap over there.

Comment

• Renee
          • Jul 2015

Control your attitude and relax. Instead of writing that dumb response answer the question.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Renee
            Control your attitude and relax. Instead of writing that dumb response answer the question.
            I'm perfectly relaxed. Didn't know you could read emotions and minds through the internet. It's not a dumb response, because in fact, these programs have nothing to do with one another.

That guy "bigentries" always compares everything to intercyx and aderans just to derail real discussion of facts, and to bring the conversation down because he is miserable. You cannot tell him anything. So, instead of having the convo dragged down (because misery loves company) over irrelevant comparisons, go start a new thread.

Comment

• Renee
              • Jul 2015

Instead of putting the time to write these two irrelevant responses to this topic you could have commented on what I wrote and possibly contributed something productive and positive.

Comment

• lacazette
                • May 2015

Originally posted by Renee
                I don't understand why intercytex & aderans shut down after spending all that money. They still have access to a lot of capital and could of continued doing research. Closing shop and moving on seems to me they had no hope of finding the cure.
                Intercytex abandoned its work in 2010 due to financial difficulties

For aderans, look their presentation's videos, you will clearly see how it was basic science with poor knowledge/technologies, compared of what we're talking about now (3D, bioenginereed,stem cells,..)

Their idea sounded good, but unfortunately the reality is far more complicated.

To come back on Samumed, I saw articles who explains how bad the 21st cure bill will be, blablabla
                Is there an anti-bill mouvement in US?
                The senators are old in US too right? if so many of them are concerned with diseases so i'm optimistic lol

Comment

• lacazette
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by bigentries
                  Just so people get it into context. Aderans had the same sponsorship in the last congress

http://www.hair2014.org/Contents.asp...13&openpage=13
                  It was already a wig company at that time lol

Comment

• nameless
                    • Feb 2013

I'm so looking forward to the coming hair loss congress. There are at least 2 projects (SM04554 & iPS cells) for a major breakthrough. I think that 2015 will go down in history as the year that a cure for hair loss is announced at a hair loss Congress. The battle is won and now it's just a matter of getting the treatment(s) to market. And I think we will start seeing those cures hit the market as soon as late 2016 or early 2017, if the 21st Century Cures Act is approved by the senate in the same form as the US House of Congress approved this past July.

I also think that all of the things they're learning about cells will lead them to reversing the entire aging process within just a few years. They are getting closer and closer to total rejuvenation of the entire human body.

Comment

• joachim
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by nameless
                      I'm so looking forward to the coming hair loss congress. There are at least 2 projects (SM04554 & iPS cells) for a major breakthrough. I think that 2015 will go down in history as the year that a cure for hair loss is announced at a hair loss Congress. The battle is won and now it's just a matter of getting the treatment(s) to market. And I think we will start seeing those cures hit the market as soon as late 2016 or early 2017, if the 21st Century Cures Act is approved by the senate in the same form as the US House of Congress approved this past July.

I also think that all of the things they're learning about cells will lead them to reversing the entire aging process within just a few years. They are getting closer and closer to total rejuvenation of the entire human body.
                      hmm... i think the cure could indeed be already somewhere out there, but they won't announce anything cure-like at the congress. they are all just dancing around there, holding back important information and discussing irrelevant hair transplant topics.

let's see, but i'm prepared to be dissapointed again.

Comment

• Sogeking
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by joachim
                        hmm... i think the cure could indeed be already somewhere out there, but they won't announce anything cure-like at the congress. they are all just dancing around there, holding back important information and discussing irrelevant hair transplant topics.

let's see, but i'm prepared to be dissapointed again.
                        Yup. Its basically bunch of scientists validating each others work and confirming previously known stuff through new research which is a small incremental improvement on the aforementioned previous work. Basically a circlejerk.

We'll find out nothing.

Comment

• lacazette
                          • May 2015

Just saw that Samumed was one of the two sponsors ( with Procter & gamble) of the North American Hair Research Society
                          Scientific Meeting 8 may 2015

http://nahrs.org/Portals/0/meetings_...ID_2015_v2.pdf (bottom page)

Comment

• Renee
                            • Jul 2015

Shisheido recently declared they have the cure by 2018 via ips cells. If you look at the video by replicel from a few weeks back part 2 it shows dr ohyama doing research with ips cells. According to my online research dr ohyama now works with/for shisheido. So it's safe to say shisheido is doing research with ips cells and they probably have it figured out, hence the cure claim in 2018. I wonder about the safety but I'm no ipsc expert, shisheido may have figured that out also.

The real interesting research is drs Linder/lauster/atac & drs christiano/jahoda/Higgins. These researchers are very close and their method is safe for humans. If you look at the tissuse website it says 2013 "TissUse has also, at the same time, received an exclusive license for a promising cell therapy to combat hair loss, which was developed by the same department of the TU Berlin. “We are carrying out first clinical testing of this therapy with hair transplant centres worldwide,” said Marx."

Comment

• failly
                              • Jul 2015

When will the senate choose to pass or deny the 21st Century Cures Act?
                              I am not from America so I have little information about the proces.

Comment

• burtandernie
                                • Nov 2012

I still think its a pretty dangerous game to play by throwing around a word like cure. Just seems a bit premature and overly optimistic to me until we see some more concrete proof its actually working and pretty much a done deal. It still sounds like a work in progress and pretty much a complete guessing game when or if it will happen.

Comment

Working...