[HELP - PHOTOS ATTACHED] What treatment should I use?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swooping
    • May 2014

Originally posted by thinninghair
    Well, since Fin let me down, what is next?

Anyone?

I am still losing tons of hair every day. What is the next step??
    You don't have many options really. Dutasteride, or RU58841. Btw 4.5 months is still to early to judge.

Comment

• thinninghair
      • Jan 2014

True, but from what i've gathered, most people take fin and at least they stop losing hair after a few months. Mine has been a constant decline. That is what worries me.

@swooping do ppl take Dutasteride, or RU58841 together? will those work with a HT?

Comment

• Swooping
        • May 2014

True, but from what i've gathered, most people take fin and at least they stop losing hair after a few months. Mine has been a constant decline. That is what worries me.

@swooping do ppl take Dutasteride, or RU58841 together? will those work with a HT?
        Yeah they will work with a HT. It varies. Some people take them both together but some people use either of them. Using both together is a very potent combination though and will most likely stop your hairloss right in it's track. If not however, you are pretty much out of options.

Comment

• thinninghair
          • Jan 2014

All right, big update guys.

First of all, I switched from the generic online-ordered Fin from India about 2 months ago to the real stuff. The proscar bars, which I break into fourths everyday. Since then, my shedding has only become worst and my hair has never looked more thin/sparse.

Yesterday, I got a hair transplant. Close to 2,000 grafts. It's really the only option I had left before shaving the rest of my head.

My biggest takeaway of the hair transplant route: the Dr (#1 plastic surgeon/hair restoration in Utah, USA) said that the grafts are permanent, regardless of finasteride working or not. That was huge for me.

Granted, I am sure I will lose some hair regardless from the grafts over the years, but it sounds like I will need to go in every few years or so and continue to fill in, as it looks like my hair is "diminishing" from the crown to the front (his words).

Also, the rest of my hair grows in very well. The sides, back and even my crown area have not been plagued by male pattern baldness. So I was a decent candidate because my sides still go up relatively high, making an HT appear more natural. Here is a pic a took 5 minutes ago, which makes this about 24 hours after my operation:

I will keep you guys posted (every 3 months or so) in hopes to help someone who is in my position or is struggling to make a decision.

Comment

• Haircure
            • May 2014

If you are going the transplant route you will likely need more later on if your hair loss is aggressive, if money is not that much of an issue you can stick to North American surgeons, but you can easily get the same if not better results at half the price with transplant surgeons in turkey like dr. Dogonay and Dr. Erdogan.

Btw which type of transplant did you get, FUE or strip FUT?

Comment

• thinninghair
              • Jan 2014

The FUT strip...i think they did 3 small ones. luckily i have plenty of donor hair in the back and sides that don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon so that made the most sense.

Comment

• thinninghair
                • Jan 2014

Huge update - 9 months post hair transplant

Wow. Wow. Wow.

That's all i gotta say. Fellas, it worked. The 2,000 grafts completely changed my look and i can comfortably rock no hat nowadays.

Best decision. Dudes, if you have donor hair and are feeling like you're losing hope...

1) get on real finasteride (proscar)
                2) take a daily biotin supplement
                3) get a hair transplant

It took about 7-8 months for me to really see what the hair transplant did for me.

Also, it seems I shed way less now, and I believe it took several months (almost a year) to get the full finasteride effect. My hair doctor immediately got me on Proscar.

Anyways, you can see the pictures i posted at the beginning of this thread...here is the update...these photos taken minutes ago:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	hair-9-months-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	440099Click image for larger version

Name:	hair-9-months-2.jpg
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	440100Click image for larger version

Name:	hair-9-months-3.jpg
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	440101Click image for larger version

Name:	hair-9-months-5.jpg
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	440102

Comment

• bricvic
                  • Sep 2011

Wow is right, looks like you got a really good result. From what I understand, 2000 grafts isn't really that many, so it looks like you got great coverage. If you don't mind me asking, who was your doctor and what was the price?

Comment

• jamesst11
                    • Jun 2014

That was accomplished with only 2000 grafts?? I think the propecia must have had a huge impact as well. STAY ON IT!

Comment

• Parsia
                      • Dec 2013

Wow. Wow. Wow.

That's all i gotta say. Fellas, it worked. The 2,000 grafts completely changed my look and i can comfortably rock no hat nowadays.

Best decision. Dudes, if you have donor hair and are feeling like you're losing hope...

1) get on real finasteride (proscar)
                      2) take a daily biotin supplement
                      3) get a hair transplant

It took about 7-8 months for me to really see what the hair transplant did for me.

Also, it seems I shed way less now, and I believe it took several months (almost a year) to get the full finasteride effect. My hair doctor immediately got me on Proscar.

Anyways, you can see the pictures i posted at the beginning of this thread...here is the update...these photos taken minutes ago:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]40703[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40704[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40705[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]40706[/ATTACH]
                      -----------------------

Hair looks good bro , Congrats. If you don't mind whats the name of doctor you got HT ? Because I'm thinking about that too.

Comment

• thinninghair
                        • Jan 2014

I used Dr Bitner. He has an office in layton, utah. I think most hair doctors in the US are good to go...I'd just peep the reviews first and find the best one in any major city.

Comment

• susanrey
                          • Jul 2015

According to your description that your older brothers do not have the hair lose. Then it indicates that there is not something to do with the gene. Can you tell me which job you are doing? And the other reason is that the nutrition of the food you take in can not meet the amount your body meet.

Comment

• Johny41
                            • Dec 2014

Hei,
                            Your result is so impressive. Congratulations!!!
                            Have you had a visible result from Finasteride before the hair transplantation? What dosage of finasteride do you take?

Comment

• Johny41
                              • Dec 2014

Hei,
                              Your result is so impressive. Congratulations!!!
                              Have you had a visible result from Finasteride before the hair transplantation? What dosage of finasteride do you take?

Comment

Working...