+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

also, hair maxx probably helps, but just throwing out there - you're paying a huge premium for everything to be in one pill.

The vitamins are basically a b-complex covering the b-vitamin group at basically what any multi-vitamin will give you, plus adding in some other stuff that are kind of proven to help with hair growth but not necessarily hair loss other than maybe saw palmetto.

redy, i appreciate that response... I agree, I was actually shocked they go for $60/mo - sadly, i ordered 3 bottles today, actually.

the thing is, I just heard tons of good stuff about it, and I could probably put in the time to find all of those separate ingredients, but that just takes time, requires more pills, etc...so I guess I understand I am paying for convenience...

If I keep fin at $30/mo, Hair Maxx at $60, monix at $30/mo and it proves effective, I am a happy man keeping my hair at $120/mo.

But I'd love to hear better alternatives to keep this discussion valuable.

[UPDATE]

Its been one week, and here is my brief update:

Day 1 and 2, I took .5 MG of Dr. Teddy's Finax (generic Finasteride), ordered on inhousepharmacy.biz.

After 2 days, I did not notice any feelings of side effects, so I upped the dosage to 1 MG per day (the recommended dose).

After a week, I can say that I have no side effects. There were a few instances where I thought my balls were aching, but it was only after I thought about how I had taken the pill earlier. So, I think it was placebo. The mind is a powerful thing

The only other thing I can say is that it does appear like I have shed less hair this week. I know you aren't supposed to see any immediate results, but it does seem like my hat (at the end of the day) has less hairs in it, and less hairs are being lost in the shower.

I'll keep everyone posted, and I will post pix every 3 months. I just ordered 180 tablets on inhousepharmacy.biz (comes out to $96 after a discount) so I am in this for the long haul.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Thinninghair Take Fin' as you would a multivitamin ,,take it and dont THINK about it.
    Sometimes emotional concerns can cause you to think you have sides'.
    Ive been on Fin just as long as NotCoolAnymore' its been good for us both.

thinninghair,

Good to see you have given fin a try. The ball ache can be real. I experienced that for about a month or two, nothing since. I take fin before work, so I really don't have time to sit around and look for sides.

Sides can happen with FIN (if they even occur), but most of the time you can tell right away. Certain sides I got from Propecia were so subtle that others had to comment on them before I realized, "omg, my nipples are huge." But dude give it a try, I did for a year, but couldn't handle it anymore.

The sides I had were as clear as day. My bigger issue was that Propecia didn't help my hair in the least during this time, but possibly helped prevent further loss...hard to say for sure, as it's been 3 years since I have been off and my hair is exactly the same. So for me the trade-off wasn't worth it. Sides with little to no improvement, or no sides and same result hair wise.

Good luck man. Don't think of sides, no need too. However, don't ignore them if you see or feel them. There is a reason why they are occurring and it's not a good one. I still stuck it out hoping they would "go away" and for me they didn't. Just be cautious, but I wish you luck man. Hope for the best.

Post pics of your progress.

Default Uh oh..

All right, fellas.

Time for a heart to heart.

So tomorrow marks two weeks that I have started taking fin. I am doing 1 MG per day.

But, something is up...

I am not horny. Ever.

It sucks.

I am a healthy 28 yo, and I have always been a pretty horny dude, and now, I find myself going the entire day without thinking about sex.

Its nice, in a way, because my work production has skyrocketed (i have a bunch of side projects I work on)

No other side effects other than this...orgasms are normal, ejaculation volume is the same from what I can tell...a little achey in the ball region sometimes but nothing too bad at all.

Listen, if this is a temporary thing because my body is adjusting to the DHT being cut off, I can deal with it.

But if this is how it is always going to be, I really might have to accept my fate.

I love being a dude, and I am sure many of us can relate lol

SO, knowing this...is it normal to have this at the beginning, and then the body neutralizes and adjusts accordingly in months to come?

Or is this more than likely how my body will always be when it is on Fin?

Any feedback from people who have taking fin would be awesome.

Thank you everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by thinninghair View Post
    I am not horny. Ever.

It sucks.

I am a healthy 28 yo, and I have always been a pretty horny dude, and now, I find myself going the entire day without thinking about sex.
    I cannot even comprehend this side effect. I am 37yo and I still think about sex like I did when I was 18. It is one of the reported sides though, so if you don't like what you are feeling, then you have some decisions to make. Personally I would not get off the drug. I would just lower my dose. I would go to .25mg daily and see if it makes a difference, then slowly work my way back up to .5mg, .75mg. Find that sweet spot where I didn't have sides and stay there. It is your decision though. If you feel that you are possibly hurting yourself and it isn't worth the risk, then get off the drug.

Thanks, Notcoolanymore.

Yes, I am definitely going to lower the dosage.

However, I am curious to know if its normal in other cases where the sex drive is low initially, then the body figures it out and adjusts accordingly.

Looking around on this forum and other forums, it seems like this hasnt happened much. If anything, it made guys get super horny at first, then it would taper off after 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by thinninghair View Post
    Thanks, Notcoolanymore.

Yes, I am definitely going to lower the dosage.

However, I am curious to know if its normal in other cases where the sex drive is low initially, then the body figures it out and adjusts accordingly.

Looking around on this forum and other forums, it seems like this hasnt happened much. If anything, it made guys get super horny at first, then it would taper off after 2-3 weeks.
    It may have lowered my libido, just slightly, but to be honest I don't think it did. I really didn't notice any big changes as far as that goes at all.