+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I cut my proscar into 5ths. Took that 3 times a week for a month. I think in 1.5 months I was taking it daily.

I'm 2 days out of my HT. Messed up by not having food at the house. You get a lot of stares at a grocery store 2 days post OP. Had to wait for night fall not to be seen and drove 25 minutes to another town. Swollen still, I look like sloth from goonies. Great for Halloween.

Maybe bump up nizoral 2-3 times a week?
    Nice, congrats. Which doctor did you go with?

For me I'll be taking a train home for about 4 hours the day after surgery, then straight to my house for 2 weeks of reclusiveness! It will be online shopping for me Week 2-4 I should still be able to work from home but will likely be losing my mind so will have to go back in to the world!

Cole, he does great work and I wanted FUE, PRP and Acell.

Nerves didn't hit till 2 days before the surgery.

Just thought I'd come back and update this as I'm approaching my HT date in about 6 weeks! Super excited but also nervous - I just wish I could to it today, it's the waiting that's killing me - but such is the peril of choosing Dr. Ferudini whose wait list is at least 6 months. His reputation precedes him it seems.

I've been on Propecia for about 5 months now, I started taking it directly after I started this thread. I'm based in the UK so I went online to Boots.com and you can order it after filling out a questionnaire. I decided to start taking it every other day - at 11pm sharp every other night I take it. I'm not sure I can say it has done much, I don't think I have gains, and I do still lose hair in the shower and when I run my fingers through my hair, but I'll persevere in the hope that even though right now I can't definitively say it's done much, it may be helping me retain / slow down loss.

Re sides - I was VERY nervous starting on Propecia. I won't hide it - I did have sides for the first 2 weeks. To be frank my erection was only about 80% of what it was, I did have a slight decrease in libido and my semen was a bit more watery than usual. BUT it lasted 2 weeks MAX. After 2 weeks I went straight back normal and it's been business as usual since then and now I don't even think about sides. It will be something I'll look out for in the future if I ever move to propecia once a day (or 1/4 procar every day), but for now I'm happy with Propecia. I just got my 3 month supply on Wednesday which will actually be 6 months for me every 2nd day so I'll see how things progress after my HT.

I've also only started using the Rogaine foam at night time, and 2/3 mornings a week. I had to scale back on the foam as I was getting crazy dark circles under my eyes and people were constantly telling me I look exhausted. A quick search online helped me discover it's due to minox, so cutting back helped to reduce those circles under my eyes.

So - my question today is :

Is it worth trying to get a DHT test for your bloods? Just to see what levels they are and if they're a good level with Propecia every other day. Has anyone done this?

PS I'll be doing a blog on my hair loss. I want to pay it forward for others who may be at the stage I was 2 years ago. I'll post that here closer to my HT time.
    Last edited by Winston; 07-05-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Oops seems I am not allowed post links here - sorry, I was just trying to give Chrisis who is an active member here a shout out for all the help he has give me, both explicit and implicit by sharing his story via a blog

Regarding your worry over taking Propecia, I'd just like to say that I began taking it at 17 and now almost a year later I've had 0 side effects and my hair looks better (definitely have not lost anything at all).

About the drugs: here in the States, in 2005 was spending $65/mo for Propecia and it gave me severe side effects - everything you described, but it didn't stop after two weeks and I didn't fully recover after quitting Propecia.

Now, I take Finasteride 5mg and quarter it for daily use. Its shockingly cheap, at least here in the US: I'm paying about $2 USD for a 90 day supply, from Target pharmacy. I'm not sure if you can find it so cheaply in the UK?

I've learned to overcome the side effects (which were less with Fin than Propecia).

Alright folks. Bags are packed. Tomorrow I leave from UK to Belgium. 7am Thursday morning I arrive for my HT with Dr. Feriduni!!!

Next Monday / Tuesday when I get over the initial effects I'll be starting a detailed blog for you all to read, and will update here too. I haven't had a chance to document much since work has been crazy.

Anyone want to offer any last minute words of encouragement? I will admit that I'm nervous - not about the op itself, but more about returning to work in 2.5 weeks to see people's reaction! But here goes the rest of my life without checking every mirror, window & shiny surface for the gaping holes each side of my hairline!!