+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Killer stack for border line baldies

I'm a 28 year old with thinning crown and Norwood 2.5. I've been treating hairloss for 6 years, and I've held out impressively (I've no doubt I would be completely bald by now if I didn't aggressively treat this shit).

Anyway despite my awesome regimen I inevitably began to lose momentum 3 or for months ago and my ever present hairloss concerns morphed into the mind consuming demon with which you are all no doubt familiar. I survived Christmas and all the social fandango that comes with it with some creative self barber-y and managed to push this shit to the back of my mind (pun intended).

Then I did what I always do when hairloss gets me down, add something to the stack, and start reading btt again.

This time I added the derma roller and vowed to do it with discipline. I'm only 4 weeks in but my hairline is 'solidifying' fast. My temples are forming the sharp angles of youth, Which I have not seen in years. My crown is shedding heavily but in my experience this is always a good sign, especially given what's going on at the front. And also the uneven patterns overall on my scalp are merging and fading in to a uniform flush thickness. I see changes like this immediately because I started buzzing my head in January to facilitate efficient treatment.

So, I don't think it's the dermarolling alone that is the cause of my unprecedented regrowth, it's the synergy of the stack, here's the stack, (you guys always assess individual treatments, which we all know are pretty pathetic in their own right, but we should be looking for the ultimate combos right now, they are the bridge.)

dermaroller
    Minoxidil
    Self built laser hood 168 diodes
    Nizoral
    Alpecian shampoo and lotion
    Tocosorb
    Groh hair and nails

Quote Originally Posted by EXprettyboy View Post
    I'm a 28 year old with thinning crown and Norwood 2.5. I've been treating hairloss for 6 years, and I've held out impressively (I've no doubt I would be completely bald by now if I didn't aggressively treat this shit).

Anyway despite my awesome regimen I inevitably began to lose momentum 3 or for months ago and my ever present hairloss concerns morphed into the mind consuming demon with which you are all no doubt familiar. I survived Christmas and all the social fandango that comes with it with some creative self barber-y and managed to push this shit to the back of my mind (pun intended).

Then I did what I always do when hairloss gets me down, add something to the stack, and start reading btt again.

This time I added the derma roller and vowed to do it with discipline. I'm only 4 weeks in but my hairline is 'solidifying' fast. My temples are forming the sharp angles of youth, Which I have not seen in years. My crown is shedding heavily but in my experience this is always a good sign, especially given what's going on at the front. And also the uneven patterns overall on my scalp are merging and fading in to a uniform flush thickness. I see changes like this immediately because I started buzzing my head in January to facilitate efficient treatment.

So, I don't think it's the dermarolling alone that is the cause of my unprecedented regrowth, it's the synergy of the stack, here's the stack, (you guys always assess individual treatments, which we all know are pretty pathetic in their own right, but we should be looking for the ultimate combos right now, they are the bridge.)

dermaroller
    Minoxidil
    Nizoral
    Alpecian shampoo and lotion
    Tocosorb
    Groh hair and nails

Haha... That's why I posted in "cutting edge" forum. Building a laser device and then using it is is ****ing hardcore, but we are talking about reversing baldness.

Laser therapy has been shown to accelerate would healing and promote hair growth although modestly. But if you combine dermarolling with laser therapy you get serious synergy.

Haha... That's why I posted in "cutting edge" forum. Building a laser device and then using it is is ****ing hardcore, but we are talking about reversing baldness.

Laser therapy has been shown to accelerate would healing and promote hair growth although modestly. But if you combine dermarolling with laser therapy you get serious synergy.

zinc and wounding are definitely the nearest future treatment, barring and substantial stem cell breakthroughs.

that shampoo, alpecin, has zinc in it. Zinc brings down dht... wounding releases growth factors.

treatments like this may work until pilox II comes out. The other option is getting an existing iontophersisizer and using it to apply zinc (and maybe copper)

I was not even aware of the zinc contribution from alpecin nor the significance of it, in fact I considered it the weakest link in my arsenal, but now I am glad of it.

It illustrates the point though, if you want significant improvement and maintenance you need to stack a series of potent complimentary treatments.

I don't normally post on the forum as its usually pointless, I visit occasionally to see where we're at and if any significant news has broke, and then I do my best to return to life without thinking about hairloss cures for a few months.

But I felt compelled to relay my current experience as it is beyond the realm of my normal results range and really is helping me. There was a thread on tocotrienols were some typical conjectural debate drowned out any clarity, another discussion on vitamin d, resveratrol and curcumin.... Etc., etc, truth is they all help a little bit by dif mechanisms, usually not overly cosmetically significant used alone, yet if you pick the right few treatments and you combine them you can get back from the brink and into good shape. I have always been of this mindset and just when I thought I was done, the dermaroller has been an explosive addition to my regimen. People have dismissed each of these treatments too soon, waiting for a complete cure, when under their noses lies the potential of the modern stack.

Why no AA? (fin/dut, Ru etc)

No doubt you would have way better results with one of these included.

can you explain? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post

Fin gives you limp dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post

Perhaps my hair would be in slightly better condition but I appreciate my androgens and everything else they do for me. Even if I didn't suffer any obvious sides I would always be paranoid that AAs were having some subtle affect on my masculinity. I'm pro androgen.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy e View Post
    can you explain? thanks
    There are many studies which show that low level laser therapy can be effective in healing wounds and promoting hair growth [B]IF SUBSTANTIAL DOSES ARE RECEIVED. Problem is certain companies capitalised by releasing crappy 5 diode combs for extortionate prices, which is a bit like realising that water puts out fires, and then trying to extinguish a bonfire by spitting on it! So I bought a shit load of diodes myself and fashioned a rudimentary helmet and every second day I stick it on my head for 20 minutes. It old science, and the results are modest given the effort and expense, but we're at war here!