+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EXprettyboy View Post
    So, I don't think it's the dermarolling alone ...

dermaroller
    Minoxidil
    Self built laser hood 168 diodes
    Nizoral
    Alpecian shampoo and lotion
    Tocosorb
    Groh hair and nails
    Can I ask what your Dermarolling regime is?

Thanks
    M

Quote Originally Posted by marikeo View Post
    Can I ask what your Dermarolling regime is?

Thanks
    M
    As per study, once a week 1.5mm roller. First 3 weeks I was a bit of a ***** about it, but last 2 weeks I've gone for blood, think I'm gonna get the numbing gel I saw on eBay for the dermarollers.

And to those other guys, I thought you would want to hear other people's experience experimenting with novel treatments. There are "scientific" studies on laser therapy if you care to search for them, I don't indulge in long protracted Internet debates so I don't care to search for them myself.

I am having regrowth and can see that what I'm doing is quite effective. I don't want to take powerful anti-androgens and I don't see how that makes me a 'moron'. Also I find it moderately amusing that anonymous strangers on a hairloss forum would be irritated by somebody sharing their positive results from combining treatments.

....oh and you will continue to be "notCoolAnyMore" if you berate people for not popping eunich pills with their morning coffee.

As per study, once a week 1.5mm roller. First 3 weeks I was a bit of a ***** about it, but last 2 weeks I've gone for blood, think I'm gonna get the numbing gel I saw on eBay for the dermarollers.

And to those other guys, I thought you would want to hear other people's experience experimenting with novel treatments. There are "scientific" studies on laser therapy if you care to search for them, I don't indulge in long protracted Internet debates so I don't care to search for them myself.

I am having regrowth and can see that what I'm doing is quite effective. I don't want to take powerful anti-androgens and I don't see how that makes me a 'moron'. Also I find it moderately amusing that anonymous strangers on a hairloss forum would be irritated by somebody sharing their positive results from combining treatments.

....oh and you will continue to be "notCoolAnyMore" if you berate people for not popping eunich pills with their morning coffee.
    I built my own laser helmut a few years ago, and there is something to it...but you need to be committed to it...I got lazy....

So how how often and how long do you laser lid yourself?? I was doing 3/week for about 20 minutes on the front and 20 minutes for the back....Now with DR'ing 2x/week would make more sense...

how do you do it??

I can't wait to wear one of these on my head and grow some hair!

^^R2PDG2 lowers PDG2

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky4444 View Post
    I built my own laser helmut a few years ago, and there is something to it...but you need to be committed to it...I got lazy....

So how how often and how long do you laser lid yourself?? I was doing 3/week for about 20 minutes on the front and 20 minutes for the back....Now with DR'ing 2x/week would make more sense...

how do you do it??
    Every second day 10 minutes back, 10 minutes front. If you you deliver more than 7 joules of energy per week per square centimetre it loses effectiveness, so less is more. It does require discipline and I have gone through phases of not using it aswell.
    It does look absolutely comical when I wear it, but it definitely has benefits for early norwoods.
    I can understand why people would be skeptical given the ridiculous laser products out there which:
    1- don't have anywhere near enough diodes to do anything
    2- are extortionately priced
    3- make unrealistic claims

The crazy looking device I built is literally crammed to the brim with diodes, and surpasses the biggest commercial salon style machines that people pay to visit, and be ripped of.

I have a laser helmet and I am using it in tandem with dermarolling.

This guy sparky has one and he will no doubt try dermarolling as well.

I'm sure some other people built laser headgear on the forum, perhaps we could initiate another trial (dermaroller and laser) and report findings here? I'm only a few weeks in and what I'm seeing is... Well it's just ****in cool!

I'd like to stress that lasers will not do much for late norwoods though.

There is nothing wrong with experimenting with different treatments, but it's not like any of the stuff you are mentioning is ground breaking. There may be no scientific studies on most of the treatments you are using, but that doesn't mean they haven't been used in the past by thousands of people. If they worked I am sure there would be plenty of evidence supporting it.

I believe you are having regrowth, but most likely it is due to the minoxidil you are using and nothing else. Minoxidil works, but for most people minox alone will not keep your hair loss from progressing.

As far as your last comment. When did I berate anybody? You made comments about not messing with your androgens, blah blah blah(heard it hundreds of times before), and I gave my input. I have no problem with your choice of treatment, but going by the experience of millions of others that followed a similar hair loss plan of attack, you are setting yourself up for failure.

And "eunich pills"??? Do yourself a favor and don't be one of those guys. It really isn't a very good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I believe you are having regrowth, but most likely it is due to the minoxidil you are using and nothing else. Minoxidil works, but for most people minox alone will not keep your hair loss from progressing.
    ummmm...what?? Did you read what you wrote here???

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky4444 View Post
    ummmm...what?? Did you read what you wrote here???

ummmm...yeah!!

"I believe you are having regrowth, but most likely it is due to the minoxidil you are using and nothing else"

He claimed to have regrowth and I believe he has, but it is most likely due to the fact that he is using minoxidil. I doubt any of the other stuff he is using is having any effect at all.

"Minoxidil works, but for most people minox alone will not keep your hair loss from progressing."

Minoxidil will help to regrow hair, but for most, using it alone is not a long term solution to hair loss.

Didn't think it was that complicated to comprehend, but hope this clears it up.

Ok It's hard to interpret tone on a forum, I apologise for allowing my androgens overwhelm me.

I've been using minoxidil for 6 years morning and night. When I add new treatments I shed and then come back stronger. I have dropped anything that didn't work, like say American crew revitalise or weak dose resveratrol and curcumin. I'm not a fanboy of any treatment, I just find this stack useful. No reason why somebody couldn't stack it on top of AAs, or try a different stack.