+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EXprettyboy View Post
    There are many studies which show that low level laser therapy can be effective in healing wounds and promoting hair growth [B]IF SUBSTANTIAL DOSES ARE RECEIVED. Problem is certain companies capitalised by releasing crappy 5 diode combs for extortionate prices, which is a bit like realising that water puts out fires, and then trying to extinguish a bonfire by spitting on it! So I bought a shit load of diodes myself and fashioned a rudimentary helmet and every second day I stick it on my head for 20 minutes. It old science, and the results are modest given the effort and expense, but we're at war here!
    I admire your determination and attitude towards this shit.
    Is it easy to make a laser hat?

Quote Originally Posted by gainspotter View Post
    I admire your determination and attitude towards this shit.
    Is it easy to make a laser hat?
    Ha, thanks, I'm not goin down without a fight.

It is not "easy", but it is do-able. There is a website that goes through it all out there that helped me, I'm not affiliated.

The hardest part was figuring out how to house the lasers, I eventually bought some 'polymorph' and sculpted it, drilled holes in it then used a hot air gun to melt the diodes in. Eh, this part required skill so I don't know if anybody but the most driven Norwood scaler would be up to the task...

Alternatively I think some full laser caps were developed which are a lot more discrete, which you could buy if you weren't up for building it yourself, although I don't know if they would be as good as mine!

Also building it is only half the battle. Finding the time to use it every second day is inconvenient, and worrying if somebody will see it is a concern. But as far as I'm concerned it will:
    1- prevent further loss
    2- improve thickness, shine and quality of EXISTING hair
    3- strengthen up some of your miniaturising hair which makes all the difference to early norwoods, but is somewhat inconsequential to mature norwoods.

4- Potentially have a potent synergy with dermaroller wounding, which is why I've bothered to post on the forum again, because so far I've had the fastest positive response to a treatment I've seen in 6 years.

Perhaps my hair would be in slightly better condition but I appreciate my androgens and everything else they do for me. Even if I didn't suffer any obvious sides I would always be paranoid that AAs were having some subtle affect on my masculinity. I'm pro androgen.
    And this is why you will continue to be an EXprettyboy.

but we're at war here!
    You are right! We are at war. Why you would choose to throw rocks(vitamins, minerals, lasers, shampoos), instead of bringing out the big guns(fin, dut), is beyond me. With the low grade weapons you are using, you are setting yourself up to be a casualty of war.

Perhaps my hair would be in slightly better condition but I appreciate my androgens and everything else they do for me. Even if I didn't suffer any obvious sides I would always be paranoid that AAs were having some subtle affect on my masculinity. I'm pro androgen.
    Ya I had the same concerns...but your fighting a losing battle in the long run with out them

The fin warlord returns ! Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    And this is why you will continue to be an EXprettyboy.
    Yep. Always baffles me that people will discount the science behind a proven treatment to opt for.... self-made laser helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Yep. Always baffles me that people will discount the science behind a proven treatment to opt for.... self-made laser helmets.
    Damn, haven't seen you around here for a while. I need to take a break from this place also.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I agree, it's incredibly depressing. Hair loss forums are drowning with morons who can't understand the basic concept of what is 'scientifically proven'.

Hint: lasers, saw palmetto, vitamin supplements, herbal tinctures, dietary intake, dermarolling, etc, etc aren't scientifically proven to do anything for hair loss, so using them instead of proven treatments is hair suicide. Being in denial doesn't alter reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    I agree, it's incredibly depressing. Hair loss forums are drowning with morons who can't understand the basic concept of what is 'scientifically proven'.

Hint: lasers, saw palmetto, vitamin supplements, herbal tinctures, dietary intake, dermarolling, etc, etc aren't scientifically proven to do anything for hair loss, so using them instead of proven treatments is hair suicide. Being in denial doesn't alter reality.
    maybe because that shit u listed on hint aren't always being funded like rich pharma companies for scientists to do research on