+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post

When I see young/or middle aged men with a shaved head I don't assume he's happy about it or that that is his final resolution to his hair loss. I see it more like he could have moved on yes, but also it could be a temporary thing.
    Yea, he might not be happy about buzzing it , but what are his options : buzz it or walk around looking like a dork with a comb over or thinning hair .

And temporary for what ?

You really think there is going to be some miracle cure that will grow all your hair back ?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Just throw my 2 cents in.

I was out on valantines day, got a haircut. But this time I told my hairdresser to keep my fringe longer and slightly longer on top - giving me a NW1 apperance.

I got SO MUCH attention, girls winking at me, blowing kisses. Girls with boyfriends, holding my hand after meeting them for 2 minutes, and telling me to stay with them if I jokingly say I have gotta go.

Last month, my hairline was more exposed after a haircut, I got told that I looked gay and ugly by a girl. Another person thought I looked like I was 30+. I am now getting IDed.

So my point is, OP you should tell him about treatments, at least he can buy some time that way and get a wife.
    Your 2 cents are worth at least $2000. I gotta go find my coworker and tell him about treatments before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Your 2 cents are worth at least $2000. I gotta go find my coworker and tell him about treatments before it's too late.
    I'm with you bro, I wish someone would have said something to me about the options available, I had NO idea, because I didn't look.

I basically just thought, hell, I'm losing my hair like no tomorrow, may as well make the best of it, so I just ignored it.

I certainly wish I would have found this forum years ago.

I've had a transplant since, I'm thrilled with the results, but I could of had this done years ago knowing what I know now.

Anyway, life goes on, I'm on Fin and Rogaine now and couldn't be happier. I have the hair I want and stopped the loss. BUT I could have done this a LONG time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    I'm with you bro, I wish someone would have said something to me about the options available, I had NO idea, because I didn't look.

I basically just thought, hell, I'm losing my hair like no tomorrow, may as well make the best of it, so I just ignored it.

I certainly wish I would have found this forum years ago.

I've had a transplant since, I'm thrilled with the results, but I could of had this done years ago knowing what I know now.

Anyway, life goes on, I'm on Fin and Rogaine now and couldn't be happier. I have the hair I want and stopped the loss. BUT I could have done this a LONG time ago.
    Yeah, misinformation killed my hair. I tried to seek the advice of doctors, but surprisingly they knew less than I did. I just hate to see somebody go through severe hair loss if they don't have to.

Yeah, misinformation killed my hair. I tried to seek the advice of doctors, but surprisingly they knew less than I did. I just hate to see somebody go through severe hair loss if they don't have to.
    My Dermatologist told me to take 2.5mg of Fin. I questioned her about it and I knew she didn't have a clue. I just got the perscription and RAN! Never went back.

Actually the only reason that I looked into Propecia is a friend told me about it. I was telling him that my dam hair is falling out (only after my dad told me my hair looked like sh*t). He said take propecia. I was like what's that? Then I found all these great Hair Loss Forums with very positive people.

For real, I am glad I found these forums and the few guys that I've talked to on the phone about this mess.

Did you say anything to him?

I just cant get myself to do it. Not out of the blue. I need to find a way where he is the one that brings it up, then I would feel more comfortable saying "this is what I am using...". I am sure he would feel more comfortable about it also. I will let you guys know if I ever have the talk with him.

Ya man if you bring it up you should start by mentioning your own hairloss and that u take some stuff and it actually works etc

and yeahyeahyeah no doubt that those instances with woman were based mostly off your behavior not your hair....You prob felt like shit after the bad haircut and like a million bucks after the one that made you look nw1, and woman picked up on it.

I just cant get myself to do it. Not out of the blue. I need to find a way where he is the one that brings it up, then I would feel more comfortable saying "this is what I am using...". I am sure he would feel more comfortable about it also. I will let you guys know if I ever have the talk with him.
    Good luck, like you and I said, we both wish someone would have mentioned options years ago, but I was ignorant of anything related to hair loss until I happened to find this forum.

Now that I've had a transplant, I've told several friends about the options available, one of my friends went and had a transplant as well. He is happy as hell with the results too, and wished he would have known how easy this is years ago.

When talking to people its really incredible the lack of knowledge people actually have about loss. Me included until 18-20 months ago.

I have been thinking about this topic for about a week now. Maybe some of you can chime in with your experiences and thoughts.

I have this coworker that recently buzzed his head and I noticed his extensive hair loss. He covered it up pretty well before with a comb over. I did notice his crown loss prior to him buzzing his head, but didn't realize how bad the loss really was. I would say he is diffused NW4, in his early thirties. This coworker and I aren't close friends or anything like that, we just talk here and there.

Do you guys think I should get involved and tell him about available treatments? Should I just leave it alone and not get him involved in all this insanity? Have any of you ever given unsolicited hair loss advice? Maybe it is too late to save my coworker, but what about earlier norwoods? What is the protocol on giving hair loss advice?

I wish somebody would have given me advice years ago. A family member, friend, casual acquaintance, anybody. What do you guys think?
    I hope you got invovled. Your co-worker needed you. I need to know you didn't let him down.