+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    After reading the point of view from all you guys, I just decided to leave it alone. If he asks me for info, I will let him know what I know. Other wise I won't bring it up. Who knows, him buzzing his head might be his way of just saying "screw it" and moving on with this life.
    But I understand wanting to tell him. Almost makes me neurotic seeing some guy just let his hair go to waste for months, years even
    A friend I met last year is like NW 3.5 & his head/face are all wrong for it. His father tagged him in an old photo on FB when he was like NW1.5-2 w/ bangs....HOLY SH*T he was like another person. He was actually a goodlooking guy

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    But I understand wanting to tell him. Almost makes me neurotic seeing some guy just let his hair go to waste for months, years even
    A friend I met last year is like NW 3.5 & his head/face are all wrong for it. His father tagged him in an old photo on FB when he was like NW1.5-2 w/ bangs....HOLY SH*T he was like another person. He was actually a goodlooking guy
    I understand the potential problems getting involved could create. I just remember my own situation. Being misinformed destroyed my hair. If I would have known 15 years ago what I know today, my hair might be in totally different shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I wish I took before pictures of me when I started the big 3. I'm 15 months out and there it's a big difference. I would casual say to person X "Hey man, check this out! 15 months on the Big 3. Pretty amazing stuff".

I told my trainer I would be off 2 weeks for my HT. Told HER about the big 3 and she was skeptical. I forward her the link to Bernstein Medical of before and after from medication.
    Good for you man. I'm happy to read a positive post from a fin/minoxidil user.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    +1
    The fact the guy buzzed his head shows that he knows he has a problem and he's dealt with it .
    Don't bring it up
    Taking the " big 3 " as people like to say isn't going to bring his hair back to the way it was .
    I buzz my head to a zero, I bet other balding men who care about their hair loss look at me and say "Damn, I wish I could be like him, look at him, he just shaved and moved on." Little did they know I have nearly 1500 posts on a hairloss forum, and a couple hundred posts on other hair loss forums and have thought about hair loss every single day of my life since it started when I was 16 years old(now 25). Buzzing your head doesn't mean you dealt with it IMO, it could just be that you are using rogaine and finasteride/dutasteride every day just to wait to do something better about it some day.

When I see young/or middle aged men with a shaved head I don't assume he's happy about it or that that is his final resolution to his hair loss. I see it more like he could have moved on yes, but also it could be a temporary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    " Little did they know I have nearly 1500 posts on a hairloss forum, and a couple hundred posts on other hair loss forums

Buzzing your head doesn't mean you dealt with it IMO, it could just be that you are using rogaine and finasteride/dutasteride every day just to wait to do something better about it some day.

When I see young/or middle aged men with a shaved head I don't assume he's happy about it or that that is his final resolution to his hair loss. I see it more like he could have moved on yes, but also it could be a temporary thing.
    I have been buzzing my head for about 10 years. I was not happy with it when I first started, and not happy about it now. I do it because in my eyes this is the best option for the quantity of hair that I have.

I shave my head cause i dont like it when it grows to a certain length there is times when im lazy and i just let it grow...but still...funny how things change though there was a time i dreaded the horse shoe look now i walk round shops etc with no care in the world when im in my lazy moods...i remember i was in the shop once with my hood up cause i still had it up from when i was outside cause it was cold i keep it up cause im not in that certain shop i was in for long...and i took it of to prove a point...because i use to hide it (when it wasnt at it worse just some thinning)with hairstyles now i dont no more...it just came to mind to do it i suppose its a little "**** you" to the hairloss problem cause how it made me feel once upon a time and now it dont bother me nomore.

Just throw my 2 cents in.

I was out on valantines day, got a haircut. But this time I told my hairdresser to keep my fringe longer and slightly longer on top - giving me a NW1 apperance.

I got SO MUCH attention, girls winking at me, blowing kisses. Girls with boyfriends, holding my hand after meeting them for 2 minutes, and telling me to stay with them if I jokingly say I have gotta go.

Last month, my hairline was more exposed after a haircut, I got told that I looked gay and ugly by a girl. Another person thought I looked like I was 30+. I am now getting IDed.

So my point is, OP you should tell him about treatments, at least he can buy some time that way and get a wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I wish somebody would have given me advice years ago. A family member, friend, casual acquaintance, anybody. What do you guys think?
    It's a nice idea but I reckon either look to make a friend or leave it alone. It's kind of an awkward thing to discuss sincerely for many people. Often people will joke and pretend not to care about it. On the other hand everyone appreciates having a friend going through similar things, and possibly being able to tease out the topic in the right setting.

Also yeah it's hard to read someone by their hairstyles like you mentioned... The way I see it: having a bit of a combover is a relatively tidy option for people with very limited options. Denial or not, people won't part their hair through all the thin spots because it looks even sillier than a combover. Shaving is another tidy option but it doesn't necessarily mean acceptance. People seem to respect it more, but I mean buzzing it takes more effort than letting it grow, so I can't really imagine what someone's mental state is either way...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Just throw my 2 cents in.

I was out on valantines day, got a haircut. But this time I told my hairdresser to keep my fringe longer and slightly longer on top - giving me a NW1 apperance.

I got SO MUCH attention, girls winking at me, blowing kisses. Girls with boyfriends, holding my hand after meeting them for 2 minutes, and telling me to stay with them if I jokingly say I have gotta go.

Last month, my hairline was more exposed after a haircut, I got told that I looked gay and ugly by a girl. Another person thought I looked like I was 30+. I am now getting IDed.

So my point is, OP you should tell him about treatments, at least he can buy some time that way and get a wife.
    So you'd recommend a co-worker take a drug that you won't touch with a stick yourself?

I think your opinion of Finasteride might change once you develop a bad patch..each day passes mine is .

..a bald patch even*