+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Let him be if you are not friends. Most likely outcome....he will not take advantage of advice. + is he the type to use it against you later? "This guy tried to talk to me about baldness pills, he takes them" etc

I started a thread in Rants about a NW5 coworker who has been at my work longer than me but gets treated like crap. I keep expecting him to get fired but he still f*cking works there. He has other problems besides hair (does not take great care of himself in general + kind of awkward socially) but for awhile his situation was making my hair anxiety much worse
    I have never even considered giving him advice on his appearance or hair, he is smart enough to use Google as ryan555 has said
    Interesting point about possibly using the "help" against me. Didn't think about that. I probably should think about making it known that I take hair loss drugs. I will probably be known as the guy taking propecia that suffers from ED.

I remember that thread you started. Surprised that guy still works there since you said he is a poor performer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    It depends. I was one to one with a thinning guy my age. Next day a girl at work pointed at my crown, to let me know I'm thinning. Like I needed reminding, that just fkn hurt and upset me deep down, I just smiled and tried to forget it. But it'll bug me forever now. She doesn't realise just how much that did hurt.
    You should have pointed out something on her that wasn't great. Oh wait, you would have gotten fired. I forgot that pointing out someone's hair loss is exempt when it comes to workplace harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    You should have pointed out something on her that wasn't great. Oh wait, you would have gotten fired. I forgot that pointing out someone's hair loss is exempt when it comes to workplace harassment.
    Yeah her husband ironically is short bald and fat, might have to remind her off that fact in future..

Times like that make finasteride more tempting.

Yeah her husband ironically is short bald and fat, might have to remind her off that fact in future..

Times like that make finasteride more tempting.
    You will make your final decision on fin when the time is right. 15 years ago and I would probably be anti fin like many around here. When I started(6 months ago) I was at the critical point: Treatment options suck, take what is currently available or accept going slick bald.

You're right. I notice a lot of anti Fin comments cine from guys still in the comfort zone so to speak. As I have been. But getting more and more comments is alarming and hurting too often these days.

You're right. I notice a lot of anti Fin comments cine from guys still in the comfort zone so to speak. As I have been. But getting more and more comments is alarming and hurting too often these days.
    True story: I went to see my grandmother about 5 months ago. She is not your typical grandmother, all nice and sweet, she says what is on her mind. Well during my last visit she turned to my sister and said: "I thought you said (my name omitted) was bald, he doesn't look that bad". They actually were discussing my hair loss behind my back.

I think hair loss is very personal. If some one wants to do something about it they would start researching from the bottom, by them self. I started with Procerin, then Rogaine, then Propecia, then ******* 15% minoxidil, then generic fin, then generic minox, dutasteride and finally FUE in a couple of months. I did this all by myself, as far as doing my own research. Of course I wasn't really "alone", I had a lot of support and advice from the forums. But in the end what I mean by doing it on my own is that signed up on my own and invested time in reading a thousand threads throughout 4 different forums.

I told one person about Propecia and Rogaine, who is my best friend. I explained the details to him and he blew it off and said he won't use those drugs. He was afraid when I said first your hair will shed to come back stronger. He is now completely bald at 25 years old, I think he's a NW6. I'm never telling any one about it again unless it's on a hairloss forum or the person seems serious about trying hair loss drugs out.

In other words, if a person approaches me about their hair loss and seems affected by it and expresses their frustration to me, then I will give that person advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    In other words, if a person approaches me about their hair loss and seems affected by it and expresses their frustration to me, then I will give that person advice.
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate all of your input on this. I think I will hold off on saying anything to him. Maybe he will notice that I have grown some hair back and ask me about it. It sounds like it is better if he initiates any hair loss dialogue.

Exclamation

There are no decent options in treating hair loss, finasteride is a shitty drug that ruined my life, it's essentially chemical castration, it targets a host of other enzymes that play a part in the production of dozens of essential hormones and neurosteroids involved in proper sexual function. Merck wants you to believe finasteride is just 5AR inhibition and nothing else, that's complete bullshit, and all the new research is proving it.

The guy at your workplace is probably smart enough to understand that sacrificing healthy sexual function for a full head of hair is an idiotic choice. Finasteride doesnt just impact sexual function, neurosteroids and chemicals in the brain are also altered, I personally felt like a brain-dead depressed zombie in the weeks I was consuming that poison, and I've never been the same since, my visual spatial and mathematical ability were also far superior before I took the drug, I used to be a real quick thinker, on the ball, and since Finasteride, the brain fog and slow thought process hasnt really left. It's a horrid drug for old men with prostate cancer and BPH. STAY AWAY.