+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I would pay big

Default I would pay big

If a real cure came out I'd be willing to pay $50000 maybe more.
    How much would you pay if you could regrow all you're hair back?

Why would a genuine cure cost so much? $50k. I mean you need a gross salary of $80k to get a net of roughly $50k a year, which you will not save and spend in one blow unless you're freeloading off of your parents or some one else. A low/middle class man/woman would have to save for years to afford this "cure" unless you want to be in a financial disaster. Basically only the rich will be able to afford it right off the bat, with the price you're willing to pay. Even worse, if you have kids and a wife, what are you gonna do, use some your kids college savings for yourself?

If/when a real cure does come out, it isn't going to be cheap or even reasonable. It will be out of the range of most people unfortunately. Look at the price of the current treatments. Before Rogaine was available as generic minoxidil, it wasn't cheap, and it wasn't the most effective treatment either. Same goes for propecia. Even for generic propecia I paid 67.99/month. Over $800/year to stabilize. If they actually find a cure that works. I can't even imagine how much that will cost.

That's why I don't understand people complaining about the price of FUE.

What are they thinking? That if a cure comes out, it will be cheap?

Compare it effective cures (I mean definitive solutions) for other cosmetic problems: a boob job can cost up to $7500 in the hands of a top surgeon (except if you are a breast cancer survivor, then it will be free), and it's a procedure that's nowhere near as long and difficult as having a hair transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    That's why I don't understand people complaining about the price of FUE.

What are they thinking? That if a cure comes out, it will be cheap?

Compare it effective cures (I mean definitive solutions) for other cosmetic problems: a boob job can cost up to $7500 in the hands of a top surgeon (except if you are a breast cancer survivor, then it will be free), and it's a procedure that's nowhere near as long and difficult as having a hair transplant.
    Lol FUE does not cost a lot of money. If you do your research, you don't have to pay an arm for FUE.

Just a thought because the amount of research we do, the amount of medication we take and the amount of time we look at our selves in the mirror because of hairloss, yes I would pay $50000 for a cure so this nightmare could finally end. I would do whatever it took to get that $50000 if that was the price range for the cure.

It's always surprised me that capitalism has not solved hair loss. Not only would people be willing to pay 50k, they'd be willing to pay significant percent of their net worth to have hair. People with the bank account would pay millions. Whoever comes up with a cure will be a wealthy, wealthy person. If this problem affected women as much as it did men there would be a cure by now.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    It's always surprised me that capitalism has not solved hair loss. Not only would people be willing to pay 50k, they'd be willing to pay significant percent of their net worth to have hair. People with the bank account would pay millions. Whoever comes up with a cure will be a wealthy, wealthy person. If this problem affected women as much as it did men there would be a cure by now.
    And I'm not rich lmao