Should I get my hairline fixed (26 years old) - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Should I get my hairline fixed (26 years old)

I'm 26 years old and want to get my hairline fixed. Of course I'd like to go ultra-conservative, and get a mature hairline but one which allows me to style it properly again. This way if I have future hair loss, I'd still have enough grafts to play with. I'm thinking something around 1500 grafts maybe?

I've been monitoring my hairline for about 2 years now, the pic with me in the dark green shirt is about 2 years ago... It basically hasn't moved a bit. Also, my brother who is about 4 years older has the exact same hairline I do. Only he isn't on any meds whatsoever. I only have the receded hairline, the rest of my hair is thick, nor do I have any crown balding.

In terms of medication I've been on fin for about 1.5 years, no side effects to report. I was on minox a year, but quit that 5 months ago since it wasn't giving me any results... In hindsight I shouldn't have done that, I should have stuck on at least once a day, that way I would've had another layer of protection from future loss. I also think my hairline has become just a little bit thinner after stopping it, but that's normal I guess? I read this will rebound back to baseline after a few months. I want to get back on minox after the transplant, once a day to boost the new hair and to add another layer of protection for future loss.

The thing that's bothering me to go forward with this transplant is future loss. Is it possible, that I will start losing hair behind the transplanted hair, while on finasteride and minox? What do you guys think? What if I get on dutasteride the moment I notice new loss?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hair1.jpg

Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	24929   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair2.jpg

Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	24930   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair3.jpg

Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	24931   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair4.jpg

Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	24932   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair5.jpg

Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	24933   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair6.jpg

Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	24934  

Oh come on... Serious replies only please.

You're going to lose hair in the future, thats obvious - however it's usually recommended you wait until you're atleast 30 before diving into a transplant.

I'd stick with the meds for another 18 months, then look at having a transplant.

fred970 I see you always posting that link on people with only slight receding. That is wrong, you should not ridicule people who are trying to do something about their hairloss at the early stage, like a lot of us fail to do. I wish I could have had this BDD myself and done something when I had a receding hairline that every one said not to worry about. Now i'm a NW4 and about to get an FUE, after years of hair loss medication slowing down my hair loss.

To the first poster, 1500-2000 sounds fine for your case. I think you should go for it. You do have MPB.

If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't bother with a hair transplant. It could set up potential problems in the future like the linear scar in the back and the possibility that finasteride could give you side effects. Your hair really isn't bad at all and I can't imagine that many people even say anything about your hair loss.

I'm sorry, but even looking at the thumbnails, that' what I see: nothing.

A guy whose hair is quite fine, a guy who looks normal, a guy with styling wax. And he's asking whether or not he should go for risky cosmetic surgery?

If you've indeed halted your loss, you have the money, and go to a great doctor for FUE, go for it...

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I'm sorry, but even looking at the thumbnails, that' what I see: nothing.

A guy whose hair is quite fine, a guy who looks normal, a guy with styling wax. And he's asking whether or not he should go for risky cosmetic surgery?
    I agree with you partially. If I had his hair amount I admit I would not be here. But only the individual knows something is wrong with his own head. Maybe he is used to having better hair than that. I was rejected for a couple of years, from people who denied I had any hairloss, because it looked good still at NW2. Ultimately the hairloss became worse, and, eventually hairloss meds could only stop/slow down my hairloss. If I could go back in time to give myself advice, i'd tell myself to follow your instincts of your hair loss and do something about quicker and more consistent.

Great hair overall, on closer inspection his temple corners and temple points look slightly receded and I think 1500-1750 grafts would be great. But the guy has really great hair though, he has to preserve it. It won't take long for MPB to turn great hair to, 'I have to start wearing hats' hair. I know it hit me out of no where.