+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

playsound Biothera Clinics

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site. I am 27 years old and have been losing hair for roughly 4-5 years. I have been using 6% ApoGain - Canadian version of Rogaine for the last year or so. Yes, I am Canadian!
    Initially it has worked for me, in a sense that it stopped or slowed down hair loss. Lately though, it has been getting a lot worse and I find mass amounts of hair all over the place.

Today, I went for a free consultation to a Laser Hair Restoration clinic called Biothera. Can be found online at biothera.ca . Apparently, they have been in business for roughly 6-7 years. They use a very 'special' type of laser machine called RPT-670'. I checked them out on Better Business Bureau and they have a rating of 'B-', which I understand is decent.

Anyways, upon close inspection of my scalp the lady told me that I am a good candidate for this treatment which apparently not everyone is, since you need to have live follicles in order to be able to have your hair treated. The verdict was that I require a one year worth of treatments. This means that I have to come into the clinic once per week for 15 minutes each time for treatments. The cost of this, is roughly $4,000 for the whole thing. The kicker for me was that results were guaranteed and that I would get a full refund if I do not regrow hair in certain areas where the follicles are still alive after one year. She was willing to give me this guarantee in writing.

I have searched this forum and found many opinions on laser hair treatments in general, however no one ever mentioned this very clinic (they have 6-8 locations in Canada). Any input would be very much appreciated. What I am mainly interested in is, has anyone been to this very clinic? Any success stories using laser hair treatments? Any negative side affects?

Quote Originally Posted by sbs View Post
    Hi everyone!

I am new to this site. I am 27 years old and have been losing hair for roughly 4-5 years. I have been using 6% ApoGain - Canadian version of Rogaine for the last year or so. Yes, I am Canadian!
    Initially it has worked for me, in a sense that it stopped or slowed down hair loss. Lately though, it has been getting a lot worse and I find mass amounts of hair all over the place.

Today, I went for a free consultation to a Laser Hair Restoration clinic called Biothera. Can be found online at biothera.ca . Apparently, they have been in business for roughly 6-7 years. They use a very 'special' type of laser machine called RPT-670'. I checked them out on Better Business Bureau and they have a rating of 'B-', which I understand is decent.

Anyways, upon close inspection of my scalp the lady told me that I am a good candidate for this treatment which apparently not everyone is, since you need to have live follicles in order to be able to have your hair treated. The verdict was that I require a one year worth of treatments. This means that I have to come into the clinic once per week for 15 minutes each time for treatments. The cost of this, is roughly $4,000 for the whole thing. The kicker for me was that results were guaranteed and that I would get a full refund if I do not regrow hair in certain areas where the follicles are still alive after one year. She was willing to give me this guarantee in writing.

I have searched this forum and found many opinions on laser hair treatments in general, however no one ever mentioned this very clinic (they have 6-8 locations in Canada). Any input would be very much appreciated. What I am mainly interested in is, has anyone been to this very clinic? Any success stories using laser hair treatments? Any negative side affects?

Hey there,

Getting the clinic to agree to put it in writing that you could get a refund is a great step. In this time of a lousy economy, anybody will say anything to get their hands on your cash. So, in my opinion, even with this in hand, I'd still be cautious. There's a huge psychology associated with hair loss and hair loss treatments, and after your laser treatments, your own mind may convince you that you are seeing results, just because you are doing something about it, when, in fact, there may be no way to tell if you are truly getting results. Plus they may dazzle you with some smooth talk after your treatments to convince you that you are getting results. Or maybe there is some fine print they aren't telling you about yet.

There are tons of opinions on laser treatments. Have you asked this clinic what the difference is between their laser treatment, and the laser comb you can go purchase for yourself for substantially less money? If they claim it's some sort of proprietary thing, I'd be cautious. Have you asked them about the permanence of the results you might realize, or will you have to go do it all over again in a year? And to me, here's the kicker: Have you asked them if you can meet in person at least 3 happy patients who have realized positive results from their treatments? If you go to any good hair transplant surgeon, such as the ones on this forum, they'll always be able to produce happy patients for you that will meet you face to face. The same should be true of any clinic that claims to have a hair loss treatment, such as this one. If they can't produce patients for you to meet, then I'd personally walk alway. Again, just my opinion. But I'd want to meet patients face to face, and not just see before and after pictures.

I probably sound more negative than positive, but, it's all just my opinion. Whatever you do, best of luck in kicking ass in your fight against hair loss.

TeeJay

i have joined Biothera Clinics as well..in Vancouver around April this year. The lady said im a good candidate as well. It seems like they get a lot of clients, and i have seen clients walk out with a full set of hair. I did some research a couple months ago and i stumbled onto a forum where ppl said biothera was a scam. This made me very skeptical. I went in for my 3 month and apparently it was growing, i did not see any growth though, and she said i will start seeing results in the mirror in 6 months. It has almost been 6 months, and i have not seen any results, and i have been following all the instructions. I remain very skeptical about this, but you never know. It has not been 6 months quite, so i am interested in seeing what she says next. Again, it seems like clients are satisfied when they walk out...

let me know how your experiences are going so far...!

Quote Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
    i have joined Biothera Clinics as well..in Vancouver around April this year. The lady said im a good candidate as well. It seems like they get a lot of clients, and i have seen clients walk out with a full set of hair. I did some research a couple months ago and i stumbled onto a forum where ppl said biothera was a scam. This made me very skeptical. I went in for my 3 month and apparently it was growing, i did not see any growth though, and she said i will start seeing results in the mirror in 6 months. It has almost been 6 months, and i have not seen any results, and i have been following all the instructions. I remain very skeptical about this, but you never know. It has not been 6 months quite, so i am interested in seeing what she says next. Again, it seems like clients are satisfied when they walk out...

let me know how your experiences are going so far...!
    Are you sure those are real patients, and not just employees of this clinic?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckerine11 View Post
    Are you sure those are real patients, and not just employees of this clinic?
    haha yeah..im positive..unless there employees in disguise..that get treatments as well..

so no one has hurd of biothera clinics?

I'm in Vancouver and I was thinking about trying this in 3-4 months too if I don't see further result from Proscar as by then it would be about my 10 months with Proscar.

My fear is the same reason as most is that it could be a scan. Going in for a consultant isn't the problem but its the fact that will I get an honest consultant since it is a business and who ever heard of a business turning away protential customers. They may feed me the line of yes I'm a candidate just for the sake of wanting my business.

I know that laser treatment isn't probably for everyone and result will vary just like with Proscar I suppose. I wouldn't have a problem with trying it out if they offer a money back guarantee type of deal as the original poster says. If this treatment works for me than paying $4000 for a year of treatment is cool with me. I just hate wasting that kind of money and not getting any good result back.

im goin in for my 6 months pictures next week...so we will see

Cool. Let me know what your honest opinion is as I probably be going to the same clinic as you. lol.
    Did they offer any money back guarantee to you?

This is how it’s going to go. You’ll go in for your consultation and the sales lady will say how great you look. Then they will take some pictures at slightly different angles and show you that you are getting great results and that another 6 months of treatments should do the trick. Then you’ll say that you can’t see a difference in the mirror and they will tell you that there're the experts and can see things that you can not.
    That's how it works. Then is a year you'll be back here telling your story like the rest of us laser suckers. sorry if I sound bitter.