+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

alrighty... yeah im gonna get propecia pretty soon next week...im just so thin all over the top of my head its unreal for my age... i do have a hair transplant appointed on tuesday..see how that goes, i just wanna ask some questions.. and get a prescription for prophecia

I think you're making the right choice. Let us know how things turn out.

i got my pictures the same day too as the appointment...so ill keep u updated with that as well... im gonna reem the laser lady out... any tough questions i can ask her to legitimize my plight?

Quote Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
    i havent tried prophecia yet...but i dont want side effects to occur..and i hurd the hair sheds after u stop takin prophecia anyway...wat are the negatives for having a hair transplant at a young age? and my balding is pretty bad...its not totally gone..but its thinning everywhere on the top... ...i used to be a ladies man in high school...but this past year ive had no social life..and everytime i go out i wear a hat...this is ruining my life rite now...that is why i just suck it up and wanna get a hair transplant...how effective is prophecia then?
    Well you and I are in the same situation except I'm a bit older than you. I wouldn't say I'm a ladies man but back in high school, my hair was the best feature that girls like about me and I know that for a fact.

It's kind of hard losing hair and having it noticable that others start to see it too on your forehead and going to the top of the head. I wish I would have caught my hair loss a bit earlier but I think I've manage to catch it quick enough. Still don't make it better.

I don't think it's a good idea to get a hair transplant until it's the last resort and till your hair has slowed down on the hair loss. Nothing worst than getting hair transplant while you continue to lose your hair. Than you have to go back and redo the hair transplant again to cover the area that you use to have hair before the hair transplant.

Proscar is your best bet like me. Just get a pill cutter and cut them into 4 pieces and take 1 piece a day. Proscar has a good chance of slowing down your hair loss base on most studies at 1 year time. Another study says that's also a good chance of regrowing hair in the 1-2 years time of taking it.

There's a bit of a shredding phase I believe for 3-6 months which I experience but now I'm starting to see some the hair that I loss from the shredding growing back in my 7 months. lol. So I do believe at this point that my hair loss has slowed down and I'm in the phase of getting the hair that I shredded back. Hopefully I can get some new re-growth too at that 1 year mark.

As for the side effects I wouldn't worry too much on it. It's mostly fear monger that gets to people and you shouldn't be worry because of fear monger. Yes there are a small minority as stated that may suffer from sexual side effects but it really is a small number. The problem with fear monger is that when it gets to you, you start to jump to conclusion right away because the fear spread too you. A person that isn't on Propecia/Proscar can also have problems getting aroused or whatnot due being too tired, not in the mood, ect, ect. But they can't really blame it on anything. But a person who's in the same boat but taking Propecia immediately let their fear take over them because of hearing a lot of fear monger from this small minority that they immediately blame Propecia right away. That's the problem with fear monger, you can't tell if it's legit or it's just your misconception due to fear.

Everyday 500 ppl probably get hurt in a car accident. Should everyone stop driving cars to avoid getting hurt? Of course not because in the end the chance of it happening to you is small.
    People die from plane crashes too. Should we all stop flying on planes? Of course not. You don't let fear monger get to you.

Proscar/Propecia is like that. A small minority will get side effects but they are small. You shouldn't let the fear monger of that minority get to you when in fact the majority of people taking it is fine. 10000 ppl getting side effects out of 10 million ppl is still a very small minority for example.

Quote Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
    i got my pictures the same day too as the appointment...so ill keep u updated with that as well... im gonna reem the laser lady out... any tough questions i can ask her to legitimize my plight?
    I would ask more about the money back option if there is one and see what the options are for the money back guarantee thing if they have one and how you can get it or if there is some sort of loop hole that they will use or make you do that you can't get it back.

If it's a simple case where if you not happy with the result and they will refund your money, no question ask which is never really the case. But if it is the case than I don't see why not try the combo of laser and proscar and keep going with the laser for the rest of the year term. From what I can tell laser treatment is like proscar that it can take a year to see some results. If there's no money back than you might want to decide if its time to pull the plug on laser if you feel you not going to get any result by going further.

sorry for the late response guys. i thought i lost my password and got too lazy. SO, i went for my 6 month to see any growth. it seemed kind of like it was growing but it mite have been my mind playing tricks on me. i think im just gonna ride it through and waste my time for the rest of the six months and see if it actually works. im just not gonna use the drops they give me, let alone everday.

im now using a combination of avodart and laser hair treatment. (there were a lot of ppl today at biothera clinics). I have missed a couple weeks since my 6 month.

Thanks for the update, but if you are now taking Avodart the laser people will claim that you had growth from their laser and you won’t get you money back. What made you go straight to Avodart over Propecia?

i realize that, but i hope the laser treatment helps my frontal area of my head where the avodart can't reach.

I've never heard of Avodart till now. I didn't even know there was another choice besides Procepia/Proscar.

Who advise you to use Avodart? And can anyone provide better informatio on Avodart? I tried googling it but have to sort out a bunch of none hair loss information.

i got prescribed avodart by a hair transplant doctor. its basically a stronger version of propecia and should be taken if propecia doesn't work for you, because apparently it has stronger side effects. i dont think ive gotten any side effects yet and i have been using it for a couple months. doctors dont normally like prescribing it because it aint fda approved. the other name for avodart is dutasteride which you have prolly hurd of.