Threaded View

playsound Biothera Clinics

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site. I am 27 years old and have been losing hair for roughly 4-5 years. I have been using 6% ApoGain - Canadian version of Rogaine for the last year or so. Yes, I am Canadian!
    Initially it has worked for me, in a sense that it stopped or slowed down hair loss. Lately though, it has been getting a lot worse and I find mass amounts of hair all over the place.

Today, I went for a free consultation to a Laser Hair Restoration clinic called Biothera. Can be found online at biothera.ca . Apparently, they have been in business for roughly 6-7 years. They use a very 'special' type of laser machine called RPT-670'. I checked them out on Better Business Bureau and they have a rating of 'B-', which I understand is decent.

Anyways, upon close inspection of my scalp the lady told me that I am a good candidate for this treatment which apparently not everyone is, since you need to have live follicles in order to be able to have your hair treated. The verdict was that I require a one year worth of treatments. This means that I have to come into the clinic once per week for 15 minutes each time for treatments. The cost of this, is roughly $4,000 for the whole thing. The kicker for me was that results were guaranteed and that I would get a full refund if I do not regrow hair in certain areas where the follicles are still alive after one year. She was willing to give me this guarantee in writing.

I have searched this forum and found many opinions on laser hair treatments in general, however no one ever mentioned this very clinic (they have 6-8 locations in Canada). Any input would be very much appreciated. What I am mainly interested in is, has anyone been to this very clinic? Any success stories using laser hair treatments? Any negative side affects?