+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Very well said, Laserhead.

I really think the trick to evaluating any clinic that claims to have a successful hair loss treatment is to ask the clinic to meet (face to face!!) at least 2 or 3 happy patients (happy because they got results). If they can't produce this, I'd walk away, personally.

But to anyone that goes to Biothera, I sure hope you can prove us dead wrong.

TeeJay

Quote Originally Posted by cphan View Post
    Cool. Let me know what your honest opinion is as I probably be going to the same clinic as you. lol.
    Did they offer any money back guarantee to you?
    yes they did...now u guys are all makin me skeptical..i had some hope it works...also on ppl sayin i should ask them to provide a couple clients for which it has worked for. don't u think they will say..its confidential or something?

Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel skeptical. Personally you can't tell if any hair loss program will work since results vary with everyone. Even on Proscar that I'm taking I hear different from some many others so I expect the same thing with Laser therapy and PRP.
    The point is you won't know if you don't try it out. No pain, no gain. If we gonna be skeptical on every thing than might as well just go bald and be done with it.

And with hair loss treatment the results seem to take a long time. I haven't heard of anything where things start to change right away. Even with Proscar I'm waiting till 1 year to see where I stand on it before I decide trying out Biothera.

If they offer a money back guarantee that I got no problem with it. I got nothing to lose other than time and if it works great for me. I'm already sinking money into Proscar which is less expensive and there's no money back from that. So I don't see the problem trying out Biothera and see how the results are a year or so.

Default Take a look at this!

We all want to hope, but let's be real! I wish I had seen this before I spent all of my hard earned money on laser treatments!

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1280

damn, i might just straight suck it up and get a transplant at Hassan and Wong...the only problem is im still really young... does it matter how if your really young?

Question

What's your hair loss like. Is it so advanced that you need a hair transplant? Don’t make a rash decision to have surgery, especially if your young. Have you tried Propecia yet?

i havent tried prophecia yet...but i dont want side effects to occur..and i hurd the hair sheds after u stop takin prophecia anyway...wat are the negatives for having a hair transplant at a young age? and my balding is pretty bad...its not totally gone..but its thinning everywhere on the top... ...i used to be a ladies man in high school...but this past year ive had no social life..and everytime i go out i wear a hat...this is ruining my life rite now...that is why i just suck it up and wanna get a hair transplant...how effective is prophecia then?

playsound Don't Panic! | Audio Response

Quote Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
    i havent tried prophecia yet...but i dont want side effects to occur..and i hurd the hair sheds after u stop takin prophecia anyway...wat are the negatives for having a hair transplant at a young age? and my balding is pretty bad...its not totally gone..but its thinning everywhere on the top... ...i used to be a ladies man in high school...but this past year ive had no social life..and everytime i go out i wear a hat...this is ruining my life rite now...that is why i just suck it up and wanna get a hair transplant...how effective is prophecia then?
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

thanks!...i really appreciate your response to my post. the problem is..i dont wanna stop my hair loss, i want to regrow hair...how long will it take for prophecia to grow my hair, if it even does? its mostly on my crown where the problem lies...and a little bit on the front, gradually getting a receding line as well... thats the main reason i want to get a transplant. what are the negatives to get a transplant at such a young age... because im only 21. and i need my social life back, i even turned down job interviews because i dont wanna show up to the interview with my hair like this..its THAT BAD...i might get a consultation with hassan and wong and see whats up...for my graduation present...i was going to get a car, but my mom said she could get me a transplant instead if i really want...im just really worried right now, and i dont know what to do...

again thanks for your response...

I think you’re missing the point. YOU DO WANT TO STOP YOUR HAIR LOSS! If you don’t stop your hair loss it will get worse and if it gets worse a hair transplant will not make you happy. You’ll still have thin hair, but instead of it being your natural hair it will be translated hair. You’ll be left with a scar on the back of your head and probably less hair in the end. If you plan to have a hair transplant anytime in your life you HAVE TO be on Propecia or something like it!

I was very young when I started Propecia and it worked wonders for me. If the hair loss is mostly in the crown then you might grow back a lot of hair.

Take the car for graduation and skip the hair transplant for now.

You were also given personal advice from most knowledgeable person in the world on these matters. I wish I had the chance to speak directly with Spencer when I was your age. I had to call his radio show.

You can read my story here:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=435