+ Reply to Thread

Default Considering going back to Propecia, need advice!

Hello Everyone,

First let me tell you a little about my hair loss history.

I started losing my hair very rapidly by the time I was 17 yo, I won't get into details about how devastating it was since everyone here know how we feel about losing our hair at young age.

I started using Minox right away and by the time I was 19 I would say I was already a NW 2.5, (Minox helped a lot but I was still loosing my hair) so My doctor recommended Propecia which I used for a a good 9 years.

Fin didn't solved the issue but it took me back to a very stable NW2 so I went happily trough most of my twenties

Sides were there but nothing to be to worry about until I turned 28, when I started to have a bit of a difficult time achieving strong erections and having a more than one relation in one night became almost impossible

After visiting many doctors and running some test I decided to quit propecia for the fist time and of course shedding came back.

I didn't want to deal with the shedding so after six month I stated propecia again (honestly at the time I was never convinced that all my sides were due to propecia so I gave it another try)

I took fin for another 2 years the second time and my hair went back to normal, but sides remain so I stooped again about 18 month ago.

I though I was going to loos all my hair in a year but probably since I'm 32 now my DHT isn't so bad but still I went from NW2 to NW3.

So my question is, I'm considering going back again but with very low dose (.25 twice a week) has anyone experienced any success with this dose?
    Is it logical to assume that with this amount my sides won't come back?

Any comments/advices are deeply appreciated

I've read somewhere that .5 mg worked almost as well as 1 mg with minimal side effects. Try starting your dosage at .25 and working up to .5? Also im curious. I'm 19 right now, I would like to know how fast you lost your hair. Was it aggressive? I literally lost 50% of my hair in a matter of 2 months.

tough choice. sorry buddy. this is cruel joke of nature. we take fin to regrow hair so we are able to bang chicks, and fin leads to ....

i stopped and restarted fin too but i did not have any sides. i shouldnt have left fin though as i lost lot of hair once i went off it.

Quote Originally Posted by klinko View Post
    I've read somewhere that .5 mg worked almost as well as 1 mg with minimal side effects. Try starting your dosage at .25 and working up to .5? Also im curious. I'm 19 right now, I would like to know how fast you lost your hair. Was it aggressive? I literally lost 50% of my hair in a matter of 2 months.
    Hi klinko, Back when I was 19, my hair loss was aggressive but probably not as bad as 50% in 2 months, I imagine that if I hadn't done anything in 2 years I would had become a NW5-6.

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    tough choice. sorry buddy. this is cruel joke of nature. we take fin to regrow hair so we are able to bang chicks, and fin leads to ....

i stopped and restarted fin too but i did not have any sides. i shouldnt have left fin though as i lost lot of hair once i went off it.
    Thanks ravegrover,

Did you regrow some hair after you came back to Fin or just maintained what you had?