+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by horte View Post
    I just turned 18 and started Propecia basically same as you... Good luck pray for no sides for us
    I can only hope so! We can do it.

Staying off this forum or any other propecia website will lower your chances of getting sides.

I noticed a little bit of recession, a very small amount, when I was 16.

Then at 17, all of a sudden, I lost both temples in maybe 2 months and afterwards, hopped on Finasteride.

I'm 18 now and I think my hair looks better, but I'm certain it's not worse.

Good job on getting on Fin so fast.

At first I was seriously depressed and always on this site. But in the last 5-6 months I've visited maybe 3 times and I've been with a couple beautiful girls, made gains in the gym and started doing better in school.

So I'm gonna stay on Finasteride, since I've had no side-effects. I'm thinking I'll maintain for many years down the line.

If I ever start losing again, my plan is to get a frontal FUE transplant after 25. Should cost me 10-20k, but it'll be worth it.

See, I'm planning on getting my entire frontal region restored (should I lose it). If I keep losing in the back, it won't be as big of a deal.

When you first meet a girl, she's looking straight at you. You need that f***ing hair line, or she'll write you off as "big forehead", "megamind" or "balding guy".

That's why I'm going to find one of the best surgeons to fix me up, and I'll invest in getting that frontal region restored completely.

As for the back, I don't think my hair loss will be that aggressive there, especially if I stay on Fin. If it is, I don't mind using concealers back there as long as I got my hairline back.

Hair pieces aren't appealing to me.

That's my story and my plan for the future.

Thanks for reading and Good luck!!

Hey I'm also 19 and think it's time I start Propecia.

After hearing your hair loss got rapidly worst before you started propecia has got me worried! I best get on it quick before my hair loss can become noticeable :/

Keep us updated on how it goes

I am having the same problem but I haven't done anything about it... yet. I've read plenty of posts and always see the "having erectile problems" and am afraid of starting with fin. I mean no offense but I am rather bald then not able to have sex. But I do want to try the nizoral shampoo, can you guys tell me where to get it from, normal store or pharmacy, does it have to be perscribed or not? How much does it cost?

Hey guys, thank you for the words of hope!

Let me update you guys;
    I started propecia in January.
    Since then, the back of my hair has filled in nicely and there was no visible loss for 3 months.

However, lately the front of my head seems to be thinning much faster (the last 2 weeks or so). I suspect it might be the new brand of generic propecia cvs gave me, but just in case I may go rogaine.

I wonder if I should think about getting/using RU? Seems like a hassle to me.

Shedding is supposed to be a good sign that your hair is responding to the propecia apparently

Update:
    So I cut my hair short for the second time since getting on propecia. The first time showed improvement and promise; the second time did not. My hair, especially in the front, is noticeably thinning ( My scalp is visible in lighting). It's definitely some steps backwards. Along with this, my acne has increased and libido decreased. I think My body is reacting to the loss of DHT by producing more, which leads me to believe I have either very low testosterone levels or unreasonably high levels of testosterone and with it estrogen. I will start running and may try spiro/ spiro cream.

I will post pictures up after exams.

Also, How difficult is RU use? Can anyone chime in? I think my testosterone may also play a part in my baseline thinning.