+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I'm sorry but he looks awful. Baldness tends to defeat the whole purpose. And his big head doesn't match his body.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I'm sorry but he looks awful. Baldness tends to defeat the whole purpose. And his big head doesn't match his body.
    He's successful, 75, and healthy and he didn't let those things hold him back.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    He's successful, 75, and healthy and he didn't let those things hold him back.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Never thought I'd see a 75 year old that could probably kick my ass, lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    i'm sorry but he looks awful. Baldness tends to defeat the whole purpose. And his big head doesn't match his body.
    lol

As far as working out goes genetics plays a very small factor everyone has the ability to reach their potential it might not be world class but it will be your potential.

I have been drug free my whole life and it’s about discipline, hard work, and knowledge. Most do not have the knowledge they only have marketing information. Most do not have the discipline. When I was younger I worked a 78 hour week and still worked out daily. Where does that discipline come from it comes from my parents maybe they didn’t have parents that instilled this discipline. Too many have simply not been raised to work hard and that is their problem. Too many soft guys working soft jobs living a soft life. You can’t expect them to get into the gym and bust their balls because they don’t bust their balls in real life so they just don’t understand the concept. Those are the guys that can’t do shit, whether it’s moving a refrigerator up 3 flights of stairs or pouring 5000 lbs of concrete they need to hire a real man to do it for them.

If you look at most world class athletes in very physical sports they come from working class backgrounds and that is not a coincidence. So maybe stop with the bullshit excuses.

BTW Clarence Bass is not lifetime drug free.

Bullshit excuses? I'm 6"3' and I weigh 73 kg. Good luck "getting big" when you're in my shoes. No matter how you try to convince yourself, some people just can only get jacked if they bust their ass off as you say. What does that mean? Simple: it means they'd have dedicate their whole life to bodybuilding. How simple. It's just my opinion here but, what for? Why would someone spend loads of money, make themselves suffer 4 days a week, take tons of supplements only to become a stereotype?

This "hard work always pays off" ideology in bodybuilding is bullshit in my opinion. You can build a house with matches if you like, it's very hard work but it's possible.

Should you be admired or rewarded for such accomplishment?

Anyone with knowledge would know that it takes very little time, eating normal amounts of food and zero supplements. But if you don’t have the knowledge you simply would not know this so that is understandable.

Those that believe otherwise base their knowledge on marketing hype, they are just not smart enough to know it as it takes a very long time to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    As far as working out goes genetics plays a very small factor everyone has the ability to reach their potential it might not be world class but it will be your potential.

I have been drug free my whole life and it’s about discipline, hard work, and knowledge. Most do not have the knowledge they only have marketing information. Most do not have the discipline. When I was younger I worked a 78 hour week and still worked out daily. Where does that discipline come from it comes from my parents maybe they didn’t have parents that instilled this discipline. Too many have simply not been raised to work hard and that is their problem. Too many soft guys working soft jobs living a soft life. You can’t expect them to get into the gym and bust their balls because they don’t bust their balls in real life so they just don’t understand the concept. Those are the guys that can’t do shit, whether it’s moving a refrigerator up 3 flights of stairs or pouring 5000 lbs of concrete they need to hire a real man to do it for them.

If you look at most world class athletes in very physical sports they come from working class backgrounds and that is not a coincidence. So maybe stop with the bullshit excuses.

BTW Clarence Bass is not lifetime drug free.
    I have to agree with Topcat. The more I lift the more I learn. I've witnessed physical changes in myself in my early forties that I never experienced when I was lifting heavily in my early twenties. The difference is my nutrition. At first, I was utilizing nutrition along with weight training to lose body fat which in turned allowed me to lose weight. I lost 25 pounds in about 4 and a half months. Now I'm controlling my weight gain through this knowledge and in about another month I'll start the body fat reduction again to get leaner for the summer months.

I'm not a pro and I'm certainly not to a point that I could be in a magazine, not that I'd want to, but with what I've learned in the past year and a half I can regulate my body weight at will and be healthy doing it. What's funny is some of my friends make fun of me because I'm always checking into the gym on Facebook. "Joe is at **** Gym". It is part of my routine, my subconscious ritual I guess. They poke fun of me, they will make funny comments and I laugh too because it is funny but I also notice that every single one of them are overweight and would fall over from heart failure if they tried doing what I do on a daily basis. A year and a half ago I would have too. Education is key and is the only way around mental roadblocks. When you apply what you learn and you see the results it gets you pumped up, you get excited and the gains keep coming as long as you NEVER stop.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

This has always been my main concern. What if you stop? What if you go through a rough time in your life and you don't want to work out anymore? What happens then?

I've seen what athletes often become when they retire. It's sometimes quite scary to witness.

It always seems like an expensive gym membership is mandatory to stay fit. I just eat healthy foods and go walking, riding my bike or swimming whenever I can.

Look at his hair post-retirement...amazing!