+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    If they could prove 20% regrowth and market it accordingly (scarless + 20% regrowth), everybody would be happy. It would be the best alternative currently available and nobody would feel like they got scammed. However unfortunately that's not the reality.
    IMO they won't want to admit to such a low figure, even if we believe it to be a +ve.

BTW I'm not saying it's 20% regrowth in the donor, you know what I mean don't ya?

15% would be better than 0 but prices need to be dropped since Its rip off as of now and market it accordingly... EVen if they split hair as I think they do ..

Quote Originally Posted by ss1980 View Post
    15% would be better than 0 but prices need to be dropped since Its rip off as of now and market it accordingly... EVen if they split hair as I think they do ..
    I don't think you can put a price on a scarless procedure.

Whatever happened to Scissorboy's offer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tWm4qAj-9Q

(jump to around 3:30)

He had a procedure done with Dr. Gho and offered to shave his donor area to prove that regeneration was taking place. He does ask for a proper procedure (overseen, understandably, by 1 or 2 physicians).

Did anyone take him up on his offer? If not, why?

There are lots of docs investigating regeneration (Ziering and Wesley off the top of my head, but there are many more) so it'd be really interesting to see if there's anything to this.

Hey gc!

Do you think you will post an update with maybe some pics anytime soon. With all this uncertainty, your case is the most we have on hasci. Would be great to see how ur donor and recipient are doing.

Cheers!

Default Holy s***balls

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Hey gc!

Do you think you will post an update with maybe some pics anytime soon. With all this uncertainty, your case is the most we have on hasci. Would be great to see how ur donor and recipient are doing.

Cheers!
    Seems like I knocked on the wasps nest here. I used CC's post as I too would really like to take a look at where you are at Gaz?

I really am feeling more confused than ever now, Gaz you mentioned above you were talking about a 20% net gain overall, what would you say happens in the donor area then?

I think I am somewhere between NW 2.5/3 ish and although I don't actually want NW 0 I want part of my temples filling and getting a more defined forelock again and density in the mid scalp.

I guess what I really want to know is will HASCI be able to give this to me? Gaz, do you remember my pictures from my previous post?

I understand what Arashi is saying as if there was 80% regeneration I could have like 5 ops over 5 years which would easily be affordable for me and then I would be dense and well covered.

I wouldn't want 30 FU/cm2 as this wouldn't give me the density I need.

Also, if I went for 1 HASCI operation and was totally unhappy could I then go for a 2.5K FUE HT which would give me density but scarring?

Sorry this bit is slightly off topic, but what's the lastest news on Pilofocus? This is scarless right? and what of possible regeneration?

I emailed Jotronic this week and he said he has had about 9+k grafts overall, I thought we are all limited to 6k max?

I really appreciate you guys coming back to me, I'd be lost without you!

Sorry guys my reponse is all over the place but all these questions are running through my mind and just trying to make some sense of all of this before I make the commitment to go to Hasci, especially as I will have to travel to Maastricht for this.

If they could prove 20% regrowth and market it accordingly (scarless + 20% regrowth), everybody would be happy. It would be the best alternative currently available and nobody would feel like they got scammed. However unfortunately that's not the reality.
    Perfectly put Arashi.

The main problem lots of people (myself included) have with Gho is that we simply don't know exactly what we would be paying for.

The minute they allow us make an informed buying decision things will get much better, regardless of the percentage of regrowth they are achieving (if any).

2) They even advise people with GOOD donor (their own words) to not increase the density on the temples above 30 grafts/cm2, which isnt anywhere near enough to look natural, because according to them, a donor simply doesnt contain enough hair for that. If 80% regen was true, there would be WAY more than enough hair to get a NW7 to NW1 with over 60 grafts/cm2 !
    Sorry Arashi but who at HASCI has advised that they can't get the density higher than 30cm2? I thought Gaz stated first operation is around 35cm2 and then a second operation for density?

3) We've never seen anyone who went more than 4 times to HASCI
    Gaz, what has been said about you going for another session with them, that would be 5 correct? How satisfied are you overall, pics would be great.

I'm sure there's more but this is from the top of my head. In fact, NOTHING adds up regarding HASCI ...
    But the operation is scarless and you do actually grow hairs in the recipient, correct? So you couldn't get a decent density with HASCI?

I am also thinking longer term on this as well, I am thinking that the sessions I might have now up to approx 4k grafts would tide me over well for the next 8-10 years perhaps, and then hopefully we see some other important advancements with Johoda etc etc etc which need only 5-600 donor hairs for mass multiplication. Perhaps I'm being niave here as well...

Hey Guys, is anybody coming back on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by DLB550 View Post
    Sorry Arashi but who at HASCI has advised that they can't get the density higher than 30cm2? I thought Gaz stated first operation is around 35cm2 and then a second operation for density?
    The doctor who treated me (Kristel). On the one hand she said my donor was good. Then, when I mailed them I wanted to go back for another session to increase density she said that wouldnt be a good idea, since there's not enough donor on one's scalp to do that (so increasing density on the temples would use hair that I'd need for when my crown would get thinner for example).

But the operation is scarless and you do actually grow hairs in the recipient, correct?
    Yes and yes. Recipient growth is quite good actually (just like with a good FUE)

So you couldn't get a decent density with HASCI?
    You can get density but there's not enough hair with HST to get a full head of density. Which to means it doesn't work as advertised (cause if 80% regrowth would be true, they could turn even a NW7 into a NW1 with natural looking density)