enough grafts? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: enough grafts?

Default enough grafts?

gents, I have a FUE coming up for approx. 2750 and upto 3000 if the doc feels he needs them on the day my goals are to fill everywhere including the crown and rebuild the hair line my doctor said he will just fill I the gaps, working around the remaining hair. do you think this amount of grafts will be enough?

Im confident in my doctors opinion im just wandering what kind of results you think I may get when I look at NW5 2750 FUE results vary dramatically.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	191.jpg

Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	24875  

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    gents, I have a FUE coming up for approx. 2750 and upto 3000 if the doc feels he needs them on the day my goals are to fill everywhere including the crown and rebuild the hair line my doctor said he will just fill I the gaps, working around the remaining hair. do you think this amount of grafts will be enough?

Im confident in my doctors opinion im just wandering what kind of results you think I may get when I look at NW5 2750 FUE results vary dramatically.
    That's a difficult question to answer. What are you hoping for? Reasonable expectations will be key.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 04:48 PM.

IM not after realy hair just for it to not look like in going bald if that makes sense! As long as everywhere is filled in with a reasonable looking hair line

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    IM not after realy hair just for it to not look like in going bald if that makes sense! As long as everywhere is filled in with a reasonable looking hair line
    If you have reasonably good donor characteristics, 3,000 grafts should give you a significant cosmetic result. Not a pre-teen head of hair but a decent improvement.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    If you have reasonably good donor characteristics, 3,000 grafts should give you a significant cosmetic result. Not a pre-teen head of hair but a decent improvement.
    My hair loss is similar to his and I was quoted exactly 3,500 grafts by two different doctors on two different occasions. One doctor is an ISHRS doctor. But I think it comes down to what you said, that it depends on the results I want. And I guess from what I told them my goals are, that's how they came up with that figure. I think my crown is slightly thicker than his but I can't really tell.

joely,

The graft count is not as significant as we may think.

The greater degree of coarseness (caliber) to your hair shafts, the better degree of visual coverage that can be attained.

This is why the better degree of coarseness, the fewer grafts that are needed, all other factors being equal.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Joely,

2750 grafts can indeed create a strong cosmetic improvement but in my opinion you should be prepared for the strong possibility that you will want more in the future. 2750 is not a lot if you are going for all areas of visible loss as seen in your photos. If you were putting them all in the crown or all in the front then yes, it would most likely be enough but I think that spreading them out so far would be pretty thin overall.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com