+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2 years on fin and minox

Hello everyone I been loosing my hair for about 5 years started at the age 19. My mistake I didn't take the problem right away, I didn't think there is anything out there that works for hair loss. About 3 years in I lost alot of hair and keep in mind I'm only 22 years old by now. Man it sucked I was a totally different person wasn't much social hated going out and I didn't even wanna see my friends anymore. Than I finally scheduled an appointment with a dermatologists in which he prescribed me finasteride. I started using finasteride along with minox 5% and biotin pills 5000mg daily. I wasn't thrilled because I didn't believe the treatments work but decided to try them anyways. 1 year later you wouldn't believe the response I got from the treatments. I gained so much hair back that I probably jumper at least 2 nws. Unfortunately after the first year I started shedding again and it's really frustrating again. I finally was happy again and I believed I beat this thing but it didnt last long. 2 years later I am still above baseline but is there anything different should I do so I can stop this shedding. I recently bought nizoral 1% so I am tackling this thing the best way possible with the big 3 but I don't know what else I should do. What are the studies on fin and minox for a responder like me should I be above baseline for at least 5 years or is there no proof studies done. Any suggestions should I just keep doing what I am doing or add anything different?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonidushica View Post
    Hello everyone I been loosing my hair for about 5 years started at the age 19. My mistake I didn't take the problem right away, I didn't think there is anything out there that works for hair loss. About 3 years in I lost alot of hair and keep in mind I'm only 22 years old by now. Man it sucked I was a totally different person wasn't much social hated going out and I didn't even wanna see my friends anymore. Than I finally scheduled an appointment with a dermatologists in which he prescribed me finasteride. I started using finasteride along with minox 5% and biotin pills 5000mg daily. I wasn't thrilled because I didn't believe the treatments work but decided to try them anyways. 1 year later you wouldn't believe the response I got from the treatments. I gained so much hair back that I probably jumper at least 2 nws. Unfortunately after the first year I started shedding again and it's really frustrating again. I finally was happy again and I believed I beat this thing but it didnt last long. 2 years later I am still above baseline but is there anything different should I do so I can stop this shedding. I recently bought nizoral 1% so I am tackling this thing the best way possible with the big 3 but I don't know what else I should do. What are the studies on fin and minox for a responder like me should I be above baseline for at least 5 years or is there no proof studies done. Any suggestions should I just keep doing what I am doing or add anything different?
    If you're still on Biotin I would suggest a blood test to find out if you B-vitamins balance is okey which if not could make you loose more hairs.

I did my blood work and everything came back as ok but my TSH levels were a little low but not much. Over reactive thyroid can cause hair loss but I doubt it's that. I think my medication is wearing off after the first year I think I will be receiding hopefully at a slow rate which I can be above base line for another couple of years. What do you think should I stop using the biotin pills.

No scientific reports prove biotin toxicity. The National Institute of Health does not recommend taking higher doses than the recommended amount, but doses as high as 200mg have been studied and seem to produce no recognizable negative side effects. Because biotin is water-soluble, taking excessive amounts probably will not cause you harm. But a lack of data doesn’t mean you should consume copious amounts of biotin in your daily diet. Take only the recommended amount to keep hair healthy, because there’s no evidence that shows taking more is at all beneficial to your body, either.

Where I am from it is illegal to sell that high doses of one single vitamin B because the health care system believe there is a balance ratio between all B-vitamins and if you consume more of one type you can be deficient in other types. I don't find any proof if this is correct. If you blood work show you are not deficient in any B-vitamins I think everything is just fine. Have you changed from brand name to generic finasteride recently or any other changes to you regime?

A Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) test will come up with a false low level of TSH when there are high levels of biotin in the bloodstream

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/list_6765033_bio...#ixzz2s4jl7AIs

Consider adding more stuff to you regime to fight hair loss better.

Quote Originally Posted by badhairloss View Post
    No scientific reports prove biotin toxicity. The National Institute of Health does not recommend taking higher doses than the recommended amount, but doses as high as 200mg have been studied and seem to produce no recognizable negative side effects. Because biotin is water-soluble, taking excessive amounts probably will not cause you harm. But a lack of data doesn’t mean you should consume copious amounts of biotin in your daily diet. Take only the recommended amount to keep hair healthy, because there’s no evidence that shows taking more is at all beneficial to your body, either.

Where I am from it is illegal to sell that high doses of one single vitamin B because the health care system believe there is a balance ratio between all B-vitamins and if you consume more of one type you can be deficient in other types. I don't find any proof if this is correct. If you blood work show you are not deficient in any B-vitamins I think everything is just fine. Have you changed from brand name to generic finasteride recently or any other changes to you regime?

A Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) test will come up with a false low level of TSH when there are high levels of biotin in the bloodstream

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/list_6765033_bio...#ixzz2s4jl7AIs

Consider adding more stuff to you regime to fight hair loss better.
    No I haven't changed anything the same regime for almost 2 and a half years. I am trying to find studies and I think with fin and minox. I don't know what else to add I don't wanna over do it and have a negative reaction and shed even more. But what's your suggestion what should I add to my current regime?

Dutasteride

I would get on Dut and add shampoo like regenpure everyday.

I was thinking of saving dut for later so I got something to lean on. And what do you think of nizoral shampoo I started using that once every third day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonidushica View Post
    I was thinking of saving dut for later so I got something to lean on. And what do you think of nizoral shampoo I started using that once every third day.
    Crap, I used regenepure daily saw regrowth best shampoo, then revita second.

how much different are you now from when you thought you had the peak of your results, if you could judge that?