Default Hairline fix - Hard/edgy to soft/natural

Guys,

Thought I'd share a trick to change an SMP hairline from "hard & edgy" to "soft & natural" in 5 mins.

1. Go to CVS/Walgreen's and buy foam wedges and foundation. As a straight guy, I didn't know the first thing about makeup, so I went with "Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation" because of solid reviews on Amazon.

2. Stand right next to the window with a mirror so you can see your hairline with natural lighting (not indoor lighting).

3. Apply a light coat of the foundation along your hairline and temples.

4. Blend with the foam wedges. This is the key step - Blend it gently into the SMP hair and your forehead.

5. Probably you'll need a 2nd coat - repeat #3 and #4.

Backstory
    I recently had permanent SMP done and was mostly satisfied - except for the hairline. Despite my requests for "soft, feathered, natural" - all the buzzwords that the providers are pitching - the hairline didn't quite cut it. I figured I'd live with it and possibly explore laser in the future to soften.

The dealbreaker was when I checked my head outdoors. The difference between outdoor vs indoor lighting is striking, and IMHO outdoor lighting is the true acid test for SMP. Have you ever seen an outdoor photo on the SMP websites? Didn't think so.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Up in the Air View Post
    Guys,

Thought I'd share a trick to change an SMP hairline from "hard & edgy" to "soft & natural" in 5 mins.

1. Go to CVS/Walgreen's and buy foam wedges and foundation. As a straight guy, I didn't know the first thing about makeup, so I went with "Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation" because of solid reviews on Amazon.

2. Stand right next to the window with a mirror so you can see your hairline with natural lighting (not indoor lighting).

3. Apply a light coat of the foundation along your hairline and temples.

4. Blend with the foam wedges. This is the key step - Blend it gently into the SMP hair and your forehead.

5. Probably you'll need a 2nd coat - repeat #3 and #4.

Backstory
    I recently had permanent SMP done and was mostly satisfied - except for the hairline. Despite my requests for "soft, feathered, natural" - all the buzzwords that the providers are pitching - the hairline didn't quite cut it. I figured I'd live with it and possibly explore laser in the future to soften.

The dealbreaker was when I checked my head outdoors. The difference between outdoor vs indoor lighting is striking, and IMHO outdoor lighting is the true acid test for SMP. Have you ever seen an outdoor photo on the SMP websites? Didn't think so.
    SMP or Trichopigmentation definitely has a future. Besides the fact that nearly all of the establishments offering SMP/Trichopigmentation are seriously lacking in artistic skills and aesthetic judgement, the FDA warns customers to "Think before you Ink!"

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Awesome helpful suggestion, not sure how many guys would apply make up, I know my husband wouldn't, but that is why he has me. Sometimes, inexpensive and low tech are the way to go, in the beginning. It does make a visible difference though, we tried it. We have a friend who has a hairline that looks like a dolls hairline. We will be gently passing along this tip to him. Thanks.