+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

When he talks about a study 28 months ago, he is refering a "histogen" or a "prp + acell"?

Quote Originally Posted by carvo View Post
    When he talks about a study 28 months ago, he is refering a "histogen" or a "prp + acell"?
    Good question. It seems like he's talking about PRP and ACell with that comment. I think HSC started trials earlier than 2011, no?

I know he's the lead researcher for the Histogen trials, but maybe he doesn't have all the info about upcoming trials. Like, maybe they'll plan it and do all the paperwork before they get him involved. So he could just be saying he hasn't been told about any 'plans' just yet. He has his own business and is busy full-time with that, Histogen is a side-thing for him. And yes, maybe he's saying it'll be years before it's available in the west, as he probably assumes most people won't fly to Singapore to get the injections.

So perhaps it's not such terrible news, and things are pretty much as they were - it all hinges on whether Histogen have phase 2b plans in the works right now. If they don't - WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING RIGHT NOW?

Lots of 'maybe's'. It would of been nice if he gave us a more informative answer.

We are f*cked.

Pilox, Histogen, CB, Folica >> FAIL !

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyscalp View Post
    We are f*cked.

As I said before, unless GSK get Avodart FDA licensed as for treating androgenic hair loss, we're like 15 to 20 years at least away from any new real hair loss treatments available.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoInchCircle View Post
    I agree and disagree. Maybe a good balance between acceptance and a fighting spirit is far more productive. Maybe going on RU for maintenance while giving the head a shave is the best option. That way, you're accepting this bullshit plague, but you're also saving what you have for future treatments.

I find the zen, middle ground is often the best answer to most of life's questions; a little bit of both.

But besides all that, did anyone really have faith in Hitogen anymore? I certainly didn't. Any progress is good progress, but Histogen haven't done anything in so long! I'm FAR more interested in things like CB, RU and Pilofocus. Follica also deserves a shout out.
    Actually wondering if they pulled the plug because it sounds like this was a one time treatment, meaning that HT would eventually become obsolete.

his comment from Ziering leads me to more question than answers

he's essentially saying:
    The product works and even better than we thought but we have no intention or plans to continue trials?

wtf is that?

At least give us the reason, is it funding? is it production problems? is it research issues?

I would be cautious in taking this as fact. First off, this is almost certainly written by an employee of Dr. Ziering, not the Doctor himself, and I doubt that his employees are kept up to date on the trial plans of Histogen. Second, this post has a promotional quality to it, as in "come on down and get you some PRP." It's possible that the person who posted it doesn't really know and is just trying to drum up some business. Third, they did not say Histogen was not moving forward, they said there are no more patient groups planned. This could simply mean that there are not plans to do another physician sponsored trial and Ziering's office.

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyscalp View Post
    We are f*cked.

Follica has recently hired a new CEO, Neal Walker. I was fearing they might be closing shop after seeing William Ju step down from the CEO position. I think that's a very positive indicator for them. At the very least, they're still kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    I would be cautious in taking this as fact. First off, this is almost certainly written by an employee of Dr. Ziering, not the Doctor himself, and I doubt that his employees are kept up to date on the trial plans of Histogen. Second, this post has a promotional quality to it, as in "come on down and get you some PRP." It's possible that the person who posted it doesn't really know and is just trying to drum up some business. Third, they did not say Histogen was not moving forward, they said there are no more patient groups planned. This could simply mean that there are not plans to do another physician sponsored trial and Ziering's office.
    Very good point.

They also are more likely to talk about the FDA as they are responsible for the US release.