+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    cichlidfort's reply is brutal but quite faire.

OP basically attacks us by saying "if you don't mess up with your hormones, then you deserve to be bald!"

I've had my gyno surgery already, thank you.
    Exactly. Hair is just an aesthetic trait. Why play chance and screw with your health?

There are reasons why a lot of doctors would advise against propecia like push you towards rogain even when its clear propecia is the best and only option at the moment. Taking an internal drug is a dangerous game to play especially when your talking about long term. I love my hair as much as anyone but Im not playing that game with my health way too many things we dont yet understand

I respect that there are many that don't want to take finasteride for a variety of reasons. Where is the respect for the guys that choose to do something to stop their hair loss? It is easy to call people that take fin "desperate and insecure" when you are an early norwood and still look half way decent. I thought this was a support forum, not a place where we make people second guess their hair loss treatment decision.

For the guys that have taken fin and had to stop due to sides, I respect your decision. It was the smart thing to do.

As far as the "dick poison" comment. I was afraid of fin and thought of it the same way. I eventually came to the realization that what was the point of saving my dick if I didn't have any balls?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TwoInchCircle View Post
    Tomorrow's the Cosmo presentation. I'm hoping that there's a chance they'll give us a vehicle. If they don't, I'm hopping on RU+Minox. I'm convinced CB is what's gonna save me, but unless we get a working vehicle soon, I gotta go with what we have now.

It's a sad state of affairs, this whole industry. I will admit that the future looks bright, but I'm still disappointed in where we all are now. The fact that RU was shelved years ago and CB for acne gets precedence are ridiculous.
    The presentation is up now...I'm pretty positive about it even though there is one dedicated slide. Preclinical and phase 1 have been good enough to for them to move to phase 2. The most exciting part is that it has been demonstrability shown that <1&#37; of the drug makes it into the blood stream which is good news for everyone out there who can't handle systemic dht reduction.

Phase II will have three groups (drug, placebo, comparator) and run for 6 months with a follow up ending in H1 2015.

To me a topical anti-androgen represents the final point of development for anti-androgen therapy used to treat mbp and will act as a shield to protect hair until something better comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    agreed, I'm just waiting for the right vehicle for CB and ill be adding that on top of Fin+Min that I already use. I have very aggressive hairloss, so fin only maintains really.
    If CB does not dissolve in alcohol. a polar solvent then perhaps a non polar solvent is the key. Search for a non polar solvent and try one.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    To those who are taking Fin, are you taking 1/4 pill every other day or are there people who are taking it every day? I still don't think Fin is doing much for me after all these years and I'm thinking to up the dose but I'd like to know if others have tried that.
    When Fin came around I tried. I tried a quarter tab but not much luck. I got crazy and tried 10mg/day. My hair was growing in big time, no fall out, I felt like a rock star but my balls started aching and shrinking, and I thought, hmm, maybe not a good idea. I tooke fin 2.5MG/day and it stopped hair loss for about 8 months then it seemed to quit working. I think lower doses will slow the rate of loss but hardly is the panacea we are looking for. I am continue low dose Fin and added RU and Nizoral shampoo. Too early to tell but seems to be slowing down loss.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    Not all of us are as desperate and insecure to the point where we would take that dick poison and screw with our male androgens that make us a male. Let me know how puffy nipples and lack of libido works out for you. I'll patiently wait.
    Strong reading comprehension.

Whatever bro, bottom line is bitches can't run their fingers through your confidence.

I'll take my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    Not all of us are as desperate and insecure to the point where we would take that dick poison and screw with our male androgens that make us a male. Let me know how puffy nipples and lack of libido works out for you. I'll patiently wait.
    >posts 112 times on a hair loss forum
    >"who cares about hair? u r all insecure phags lol"

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    >posts 112 times on a hair loss forum
    >"who cares about hair? u r all insecure phags lol"
    Not sure what you're implying about my amount of posts. That's meaningless. Not insecure at all buddy. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Strong reading comprehension.

Whatever bro, bottom line is bitches can't run their fingers through your confidence.

I'll take my chances.
    I do have strong reading comprehension. Also, take into fact that this is a hairloss forum.

Hair isn't a manifestion of confidence, bro. Take your chances. You sure are gambling with important physiology.