+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    At least you tried something. You got these "fin is poison" people that just regurgitate the same garbage they read online, discouraging guys from trying to help themselves, who never even tried the drug.
    Yup, try I did. My body, for whatever reason, just cannot seem to adjust to the drug. I even tried topical fin, but I continued to suffer sides. However, I would definitely encourage people who have never tried it out of fear to give it a shot, especially if you have decent coverage and want to maintain it. If you're not one of the unlucky few who suffer sides you can expect for it to make a big difference in helping maintain what you have and possibly even give you some regrowth. My only advice would be to listen to your body when taking fin. If you start to get sides, give yourself a week to two weeks off the drug and then start again at a low dosage. Start low, go slow.

Sucks that we don't have any other options though. I really envy those of you who are able to use fin and dut without sides. It's tough to watch your hair fall out and not be able to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HairBeWithYou View Post
    Yup, try I did. My body, for whatever reason, just cannot seem to adjust to the drug. I even tried topical fin, but I continued to suffer sides. However, I would definitely encourage people who have never tried it out of fear to give it a shot, especially if you have decent coverage and want to maintain it. If you're not one of the unlucky few who suffer sides you can expect for it to make a big difference in helping maintain what you have and possibly even give you some regrowth. My only advice would be to listen to your body when taking fin. If you start to get sides, give yourself a week to two weeks off the drug and then start again at a low dosage. Start low, go slow.
    I am not too sure about this. I have also tried fin and have also had side effects. I really think that the amount of people who get side effects are much more than just a "few" but people who actually suffer LONG TERM side effects is very little.

However, I don't understand the idea of tapering onto a drug that has given you side effects. It feels like to me that if you have suffered side effects, taking very little of the drug would also give you unnoticeable side effects which can still be harmful to your body over the long term.

However, I definitely agree that for those who have not tried fin, you should definitely try it.

What about the shed? Please give details about if this happens, how severe it is, how long it lasts...

To those who are taking Fin, are you taking 1/4 pill every other day or are there people who are taking it every day? I still don't think Fin is doing much for me after all these years and I'm thinking to up the dose but I'd like to know if others have tried that.

A lot of people on propecia report that they still lose a little ground over the years at the hair line still. I am borderline getting a mature hairline so I dont think its worth the danger of propecia especially if it somehow speeds it up or a bad shed doesnt come back is too much risk for me
    If we had something that worked to prevent mature hairline or any hair loss that was safe I would certainly do it. Im not convinced on the safety of RU not going systemic, and fin is a personal choice. I might, but i prefer to not to

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    To those who are taking Fin, are you taking 1/4 pill every other day or are there people who are taking it every day? I still don't think Fin is doing much for me after all these years and I'm thinking to up the dose but I'd like to know if others have tried that.
    I take 1/4(1.25mg finasteride) pill/day. Even if you are microdosing, IMO taking it daily is the way to go.

To answer beetee's question, the severity of the shed vary's from person to person. I think everybody taking fin goes through some sort of a shed. Shedding usually occurs on the weaker hair. So if you have a ton of weak/thinning hair on your head then I would expect a pretty bad shed. Also another thing to consider is if you have a good head of hair, you could most likely conceal a shed with the rest of your hair, or maybe barely notice it. If you don't have much hair on your head like I do, then most likely a shed will be more apparent.

Thanks for the reply, notcoolanymore. I think I'm going to do the same thing for a while and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    And I'm talking fin, dut or Ru you don' t deserve hair loss (no one does) but god damn you're pretty much asking for it.

You're delusional if you're waiting for some next gen treatment that will likely never come.
    Not all of us are as desperate and insecure to the point where we would take that dick poison and screw with our male androgens that make us a male. Let me know how puffy nipples and lack of libido works out for you. I'll patiently wait.

cichlidfort's reply is brutal but quite faire.

OP basically attacks us by saying "if you don't mess up with your hormones, then you deserve to be bald!"

I've had my gyno surgery already, thank you.