Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DifferentLine
    • Feb 2013

Question to people that have thinning hair on the back/side of your head

Has anything helped to increase thickness in these areas?

I have thinning in these areas as well as typical MPB, and I don't think finasteride is doing anything for these areas. I think it's either retrograde alopecia or DUPA.
  • drybone
    • Dec 2012

I would consult a dermatologist as I have never heard of Male Pattern Baldness for the sides and back.

Comment

• custards
      • Sep 2012

I'm interested in this too. This might sound funny but I actually wondered if some cases can be a side effect of certain treatments. The reason I got thinking about this is that the guys with thin sides are often the ones maintaining better-than-most on top. At least it looks better overall because there's less difference between thick and thin areas.

Comment

• redy
        • Jun 2013

they also might cut their hair that way to minimize the appearance of the top. which I do.

My sides aren't very thick looking because the way my hair grows on the sides is straight out, and doesn't fall down until it's about an inch long which I never let it grow to be. Cowlicks man.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DifferentLine
          Has anything helped to increase thickness in these areas?

I have thinning in these areas as well as typical MPB, and I don't think finasteride is doing anything for these areas. I think it's either retrograde alopecia or DUPA.
          I had thinning everywhere ten years ago when I took Allegra, ibuprofen, glucosamine & chondroitin. Most people I speak with are very careful about what they eat and take, whether it's over the counter or prescription. Once I stopped using these medications, my situation greatly improved. Minoxidil, brushing and massage seem to make a big difference. I have posted this before but I'll say it again... Don't baby your hair.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
          forhair.com
          Cole Hair Transplant
          1070 Powers Place
          Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
          Phone 678-566-1011
          email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
          The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
          Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

Working...