+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia/Hair loss advice 18

So I posted here about a year ago, probably a little less explaining my scenario, a quick summary is hairline has been receding for a while and am a solid NW2. No thinning however. However I have had good results with Min and seem to have maintained and even regrown a little, although its sparse and not very noticeable unless your looking closely in a mirror.

When I first received my first Propecia subscription It was around my 17th birthday and wanted nothing more to get on the pill, however I managed to wait a year to try and give my body more time to "finish maturing" I have noticed my beard filled in more over the year and maybe some more hair on hands, and chest. I do believe I am not 100% done with puberty, but maybe 95% but alas I recently turned 18, the mental deadline I gave myself and want to start.

My plan is to start by taking fractions of the 1mg and work my way up to a pill a day. In conclusion before I start any Fin users with success/failure stories at my age? Also any other Fin advice to minimize side effects? My current regime is Min, Fiz, and derm rolling. And am pretty set on starting Propecia so I at-least have hair in college.

Thanks and F*ck DHT

You made a good decision waiting till you were 18 before taking fin. Your plan to work your way up to the full dose of fin is also a good decision. Your regimen is good as is your dosing strategy. Good luck.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by horte View Post
    So I posted here about a year ago, probably a little less explaining my scenario, a quick summary is hairline has been receding for a while and am a solid NW2. No thinning however. However I have had good results with Min and seem to have maintained and even regrown a little, although its sparse and not very noticeable unless your looking closely in a mirror.

When I first received my first Propecia subscription It was around my 17th birthday and wanted nothing more to get on the pill, however I managed to wait a year to try and give my body more time to "finish maturing" I have noticed my beard filled in more over the year and maybe some more hair on hands, and chest. I do believe I am not 100% done with puberty, but maybe 95% but alas I recently turned 18, the mental deadline I gave myself and want to start.

My plan is to start by taking fractions of the 1mg and work my way up to a pill a day. In conclusion before I start any Fin users with success/failure stories at my age? Also any other Fin advice to minimize side effects? My current regime is Min, Fiz, and derm rolling. And am pretty set on starting Propecia so I at-least have hair in college.

Thanks and F*ck DHT
    Sounds to me like you're taking a good approach. I have seen some impressive identical twin photos where one brother started Propecia early on, while the other brother just let MPB run its course. Huge difference in their appearance. Is there much hair loss in your family?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Atlanta, GA
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Toll Free: 1-800-268-4247
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Yes there is a history of hairloss in my family... I know that hairloss does not all come from the mothers side which I think is a belief/myth, but in my case it does come from my maternal side of the family. An uncle who balded early 20's and my mom who has been experienceing hairloss for a while too. Not all my uncles are bald but a few are.

Good stuff brother.

Whatever dose you chose to start with, make sure you take it every day. As opposed to a bigger dose 3 times a week for example.

I'd just quarter it, see how things go for the first month or so, then work your way up to 1mg.

0.2mg/day is the lowest dose there is actually safety AND efficacy for ie in trials 0.2mg/day did solid, not as good as 1mg/day, but solid.

Good luck man.

Thanks.

Have been taking for about a week, Always end up diving into thirds because pill is so damn small and somehow my cuts to end up as perfect thirds. No side effects what so ever so far, but I know I'm barley taking it.

Hoping it stays like this