+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    No, the most moronic and nonsensical statement you would have ever read is your birth certificate.

Come back to me when you can name me 3 different cell types of a human hair follicle, if you think scientists are capable of growing hair follicles and selling the service to the public is just around the corner, the only nonsensical moron around here is you. If your only issue with my posts is their inherent "lack of enthusiasm for the absolute void of progress in current hair loss research" then get used to it, I'm not an idiot, I understand that even if we all danced around together singing chants of positivity it wouldnt bring us any closer to kind of science we need to actually cure hair loss.

All together now!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta5HnYtWBIs
    The most ridiculous 4 words humans ever invented are "optimism/positivity and pessimism/negativity". We (humans) consider ourselves "intelligent" yet we believe being "optimistic" or "pessimistic" can actually change the course of things in our lives !!! I'm sure 30 years ago -when they originally started telling people we'd have a baldness cure some time in the next 5-10 years- those "optimistic" people thought the cure really was around the corner. I wonder if they're still believe in "optimism". I laugh at those who believe in such superstitious shit like "optimism and pessimism" because to me they certainly suffer from delusion but they don't realize it. Life doesn't go by what we wish and hope for. Things that we hate WILL ALWAYS happen to us whether we're "optimistic" or not. I don't know why it's so hard for people to realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    The most ridiculous 4 words humans ever invented are "optimism/positivity and pessimism/negativity". We (humans) consider ourselves "intelligent" yet we believe being "optimistic" or "pessimistic" can actually change the course of things in our lives !!! I'm sure 30 years ago -when they originally started telling people we'd have a baldness cure some time in the next 5-10 years- those "optimistic" people thought the cure really was around the corner. I wonder if they're still believe in "optimism". I laugh at those who believe in such superstitious shit like "optimism and pessimism" because to me they certainly suffer from delusion but they don't realize it. Life doesn't go by what we wish and hope for. Things that we hate WILL ALWAYS happen to us whether we're "optimistic" or not. I don't know why it's so hard for people to realize this.
    There's nothing superstitious about it. There are genuine benefits and drawbacks to both states of mind. Being optimistic probably means you're slightly happier and more hopeful and you'll enjoy life more during that time period. However, that means that perhaps you'll delude yourself into thinking some desired outcome is inevitable, and you won't act in a way that prevents your downfall, or you'll fail to make amendments to your psyche and accept the facts.

On the other hand, being pessimistic means you'll likely feel miserable comparatively, but perhaps this will lead you to take preventative action, or to adjust things in your mind and accept the situation.

But it's not mystical, it's just basic psychology.