+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Actually I read the article about it (not the study itself) on phys.org today. They said that they had made the epithelial cells, but for a full hair follicle they still need to make DP cells from usual stem cells. The b point I proposed is actually a shortcut, and basically it might help to improve the efficiency of Replicel and Aderans treatments.

This is the excerpt from the aticle:

Also they actually mixed mouse dermal papillae cells so my b point actually makes some sense doesn't it?

And this is the link to said article:
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-0...ting-stem.html
    I'm not sure what you're saying. It has been proven already (by Tsuji for example), that a combination of epethelial cells + DP cells generates hair. Epethelial cells could already be cultured. And now they even have an alternative source for epethelial cells: induction from iPSC cells. That still leaves us with the DP cells problem. They either need to expand DP cells (which Jahoda partly succeeded at last year, unfortunately his method wasnt good enough yet), or they need to generate them from iPS cells. Once they succeed at either of those venues, then we're done (except of course for clinical trials but again, I'm sure there will be alternatives in the non western world by then, for the daredevils).

Let the negative people repeat a thousand times that we're never going to succeed: anyone who is following all the progress knows that we're DAMN close now.

Default why

I'm not understanding why they need to create DP cells from scratch. Why can't you simply harvest them and multiply them? Isn't that what christiano and jahoda did? It seems like we're very close, but different teams just need to cooperate and put the whole puzzle together and start testing this stuff on people.

I was excited to read the articles on yahoo, came here to see if anybody noticed them too.. and all I see is "15 years away."

This forum is worse than hair loss. We're closer to a cure, EVEN closer than yesterday. How is this not good news?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I was excited to read the articles on yahoo, came here to see if anybody noticed them too.. and all I see is "15 years away."

This forum is worse than hair loss. We're closer to a cure, EVEN closer than yesterday.
    Yeah it's because people don't understand. They put all of their hopes in scammers like Nigam and Pilox and totally ignore what the REAL researchers are doing (cause they dont understand their publications/articles). And when they finally realize they believed in a scam, they give up all hope and start telling everybody we will always be 15 years away. While the real researchers are making huge progress and are really closing in now.

I wouldnt be suprised if they crack the last and final part of this problem this year: either Jahoda (or other groups) improves his DP culturing method OR they find a way to induce DP cells from iPS cells. And we're done (except for clinical trials of course).

1) Generate DP cells
    2a) Prove safe
    2b) Clinical Trials

I think people are assuming it will take another 5-10 years to solve the DP cell problem than another 10 on top of that to get it to market.

I'm optimistic and would say at this rate under 5 years till they 'cure' hairloss in the lab and with the recent change of regulations in Japan it should not take too long for it to be available there so long as it's safe.

Team Tokyo, Jahoda and Cots should all be working together...

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yeah it's because people don't understand. They put all of their hopes in scammers like Nigam and Pilox and totally ignore what the REAL researchers are doing (cause they dont understand their publications/articles). And when they finally realize they believed in a scam, they give up all hope and start telling everybody we will always be 15 years away. While the real researchers are making huge progress and are really closing in now.
    I thought about this earlier...

I can't imagine Cotsarelis, Lauster or Jahoda ever being affiliated with a suspicious practices like reflexology or leeches.

I wouldnt be suprised if they crack the last and final part of this problem this year: either Jahoda (or other groups) improves his DP culturing method OR they find a way to induce DP cells from iPS cells. And we're done (except for clinical trials of course).
    Assuming it hasn't already been cracked... there's always lag time until the news is made public....

Interesting. But this is still the future, whether you like it or not. Even if they crack it, there are other issues which can take up a long time to fix. So yeah we def. ain't looking at a short frame.

Till then samumed is really our only hope and i'm actually highly surprised they are recruiting for their trial now. Never knew that was possible.

Good to see those guys working hard on it, we know much more on biology etc the last years than we have ever done. It is really sky-rocketting .

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I don't understand one thing.
    Are not DP cells already culturing by Replicel in their method?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by carvo View Post

Thanks.
    Replicel relies on DSC cells.

Quote Originally Posted by carvo View Post

Thanks.
    Nope. Culturing DP cells was impossible until last year, when Jahoda and his group succeeded. However their method wasn't good enough yet, since the multiplied cells lost most similarites to the original cells (only 21% of the gene expression was kept). The remaining similarities were enough to actually grow hair, but without the important properties like colour and thickness. So, Jahoda's group (or other researchers) either need to improve their culturing method, OR somebody needs to repeat what Cotsaleris just did, but then for DP cells. Either way will result in a cure for hairloss, since this is really the last step (as proven by other researchers, like Tsuji labs, before)